PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Cut McNabb

Albany,n.y.
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
He could end up in Chicago or Houston.
We dodged a bullet when he didn't want to come here last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7303097/minnesota-vikings-release-veteran-qb-donovan-mcnabb

ServoBillieves
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Better than Thigpen, but that's not saying much... at all.

McNabb is way past his prime, there's nothing left in the tank, and if there is then wow, where has it been the past 2 years...

If (since this is a BILLS board) we decide to bring him in, I'd gladly cut ways with Thigpen, but otherwise this is Fitzy's team and we won't see him in a Bills uni.

Great that he's in the media and being from 'Cuse, but this isn't Bills related... NEXT!

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Sign him. Fitz sucks.

ZEUS
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Sign him. Fitz sucks.

Fitz hater.

G Wolly
12-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Fitz hater.

Brilliant observation.

BillsFever21
12-01-2011, 07:30 PM
He is washed up without any doubt. The only way he will be a starter again is on a team who suffered an injury(kind of like Chicago) in need of a stopgap QB immediately to try and save their playoff hopes or on a losing team looking for a high profile QB past his prime to try and build up some attention and possible ticket sales. It would make sense for the Bears to give him a look for the rest of the season with Cutler injured.

Unless he can somehow get lucky enough to end up with a starting job next year or at least a good opportunity for one I see him retiring. I don't see him sitting around and being satisfied as a backup after being a decent starter all these years. His only chance of landing a starting job without much or any competition at all will be on a terrible team without any other options for the season.

The only way he would stick around without being the starter is if he just can't let go of the game and/or he wants to earn several million more dollars before he retires riding the pine for a year or two on a team who is looking for a veteran backup with his experience in case they lose their established starter.

My guess is he will probably try for a starting job next year and will either find one on a bad team looking for somebody for one year while they groom a young guy or on a team without an established QB where he could have a chance of winning the starting job by default.

After them scenarios above he will definitely be more then washed up and won't have any chance of being a starter again and will probably retire after that.

YardRat
12-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Chicago.

trapezeus
12-02-2011, 08:37 AM
mcnabb has rumors that he really isn't a great locker room presense. the same kind of things said about flutie are said about mcnabb. he puts on a good show, but he is all about getting people to side with him.

If that's true, i don't see him taking any backup job lightly. heck, even the vikings cutting him mid-season hints that he might be trying to wrestle the locker room to side with him and leave ponder.

I wouldn't touch him. he was pretty good at his best. he led the bills lite in philly by getting to the NFC Championship 4 times in a row. and he eventually got them to the superbowl with TO in his prime, but never finished the deal.

Seems like a nice guy and probably will transition to tv well.

better days
12-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Well, McNabb went unclaimed. Looks like NO team really wants him. Meanwhile, the Vikings signed Sage Rosenfels to replace him.

mrbojanglezs
12-02-2011, 09:03 PM
thank you capital of ny