hes a monster

spiller wouldnt have been picked if truly wanted to keep lynch

we would have another front 7 or O lineman

BUFF Bills
12-01-2011, 07:45 PM
agreed. besides, i loved beast mode

SquishDaFish
12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Jeez give it up on the players we dont have anymore everytime one makes a great catch or run. Its over

ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2011, 08:00 PM
He was one more dumb move away from a year suspension. Good for him for staying out of trouble, but it was the right decision to let him go.

zone
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Yea really, give it a rest.

Freddie was always and is still better than Lynch.

Lynch gave up in Buffalo.

BillsFever21
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I had no problem getting rid of Lynch and drafting another RB but just not in the 1st round. Maybe the 3rd round for a backup to Jackson but not with the #9 pick in the draft.

Jackson was clearly the better RB over Lynch. Lynch wasn't anything special while he was here, didn't really want to be here and didn't try his hardest his last couple seasons and had a lot of character and legal issues. I just feel we could have received a 3rd round pick for him or two 4th round picks at the least if we were going to get rid of him. Then with our luck we trade him for a single 4th round draft pick and it ends up at the bottom of the round since the Seahawks won their pathetic division with a 7-9 record and even worse ended up advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs. So basically we didn't get anything of value out of the trade.

He has been average at best since leaving Buffalo and we have been much better off with Jackson. It's too bad he got injured this season though. Lynch's contract is also up after this season and do you really feel he would have been worth a long-term extension for starting RB money? Not a chance.

The only thing we can hope for is that Spiller ends up as a legitimate starter or it will make it even worse. We keep drafting 1st round RB's and continue to get average play out of them. What is worse we drafted two of them while we had Jackson in the mix the entire time.

better days
12-01-2011, 08:06 PM
What's done is done. All we can do is look to the future, there is no point in looking back.

Mahdi
12-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah guys, what's done is done.

Now let's work on criticizing Johnson and Spiller till we run them out of town like we did Whitner, Lynch, Maybin and Fletcher and McGahee.

DasBills
12-01-2011, 08:21 PM

Now let's work on criticizing Johnson and Spiller till we run them out of town like we did Whitner, Lynch, Maybin and Fletcher and McGahee.What's sad is that all of those guys (minus maybe Fletcher who was good before he got here) have just gotten better since they left.

The King
12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Lynch quit on us.

better days
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Now let's work on criticizing Johnson and Spiller till we run them out of town like we did Whitner, Lynch, Maybin and Fletcher and McGahee.

Hey, I was a Lynch supporter & was pissed when he was traded. If you look at my past posts you will see that. I just don't see any point in rehashing past CRAP.

On the other hand, I was HAPPY to see McGahee go because he was a douche. I did not mind seeing Whitner, Maybin or Fletcher go either.

Mahdi
12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey, I was a Lynch supporter & was pissed when he was traded. If you look at my past posts you will see that. I just don't see any point in rehashing past CRAP.

On the other hand, I was HAPPY to see McGahee go because he was a douche. I did not mind seeing Whitner, Maybin or Fletcher go either.
Ya, my comment wasn't directed at you. Just towards the guys that constantly criticize our players till they leave and produce elsewhere. When the real problem for the last I don't know how many years has been the lines.

djjimkelly
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Jeez give it up on the players we dont have anymore everytime one makes a great catch or run. Its over

he leads the league the last 5 weeks in rushing

and yes it was a major mistake taking spiller

that being said go spiller your our 1st rounder live up to it

BuffaloBlitz83
12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I miss Lynch. He always ran hard

imbondz
12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
was never a huge fan of Lynch. glad he's gone.

if we lose this Sunday, we'll have the same record as Seattle. :::

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Marshawn was my favorite Bill behind Lee Evans. I thought anybody that wanted him gone was ******ed.

better days
12-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Marshawn was my favorite Bill behind Lee Evans. I thought anybody that wanted him gone was ******ed.

I Liked both guys as well.

BillsFanInNM
12-01-2011, 11:40 PM
What's sad is that all of those guys (minus maybe Fletcher who was good before he got here) have just gotten better since they left.

Its not that they have gotten better, they are surrounded by better talent, making their deficiencies a lot less noticeable.

Buffalogic
12-02-2011, 02:58 AM
It's crazy to see all the former bills drafted rbs out there doing well, but I'm not mad about it. At the end of the day Fred is better than everyone we let walk. We need to start drafting some front 7 in the first round. Picking Maybin over Orakpo was unforgivable and we are paying for that now.

We whiff hard in the first round. I mean Maybin, Lynch, McKelvin, Spiller (so far) ...that's horrible. Go back further and add Mike Williams, Lee Evans, Whitner, McGahee to the list. It's hard to come back when you go 0 for the decade on first round picks.

If you want a good laugh look up the Bills 2005, 2006, and 2008 nfl drafts. 2005 is a complete joke lol.

jmb1099
12-02-2011, 05:39 AM
I would have bet my paycheck someone was going to start this thread.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Lee Evans was your favorite Bill? I mean, seriously. Take a look at this year's team-- is the passing game any worse without Evans than it was with him? Not really.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Fun Facts.

In 45 games with Buffalo Lynch had 6 games with 100 yards or more.

23 games with Seattle he has 4.

He's was nothing special and still is nothing special.

SabreEleven
12-02-2011, 06:20 AM
What's done is done. All we can do is look to the future, there is no point in looking back.

You just describe the Bills for the last 11 years...and past 11 drafts.

zone
12-02-2011, 07:10 AM
You just describe the Bills for the last 11 years...and past 11 drafts.
Well is there really an alternative? Actually looking to the future isn't really even an option the only thing that exists is this moment.

The past does not exist - it's over with and should be nothing but a fading memory. The future does not exist - it simply hasn't happened yet. Both the past and the future are merely concepts which consists of thoughts and memories. The only thing that really exists right now is the very present moment that you live.

better days
12-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Fun Facts.

Fun facts.

The Seahawks made the playoffs & won a playoff game last year BECAUSE of Lynch.

Seattle has had a terrible OL, has changed their OL Coach this year bringing in Tom Cable former HC of the Raiders. He has totally changed the system & they need a few more players that fit his system on the team.

When Seattle gets a good OL, Lynch will put up NUMBERS.

don137
12-02-2011, 07:38 AM
If Lynch was still in Buffalo he would not of put up those kind of numbers. It would not surprise me if he would of been suspended by now if he was still here. His effort is different in Seattle. I have no problem trading him. I just wish we got more than a fourth round pick based on his production.

better days
12-02-2011, 07:45 AM
If Lynch was still in Buffalo he would not of put up those kind of numbers. It would not surprise me if he would of been suspended by now if he was still here. His effort is different in Seattle. I have no problem trading him. I just wish we got more than a fourth round pick based on his production.

Well, this is all conjecture. NOBODY knows what kind of numbers Lynch would have put up in Buffalo or if he would have gotten in trouble again.

IMO, Seattle got a hell of a bargain getting Lynch for a 4th rnd pick.

EDS
12-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Ya, my comment wasn't directed at you. Just towards the guys that constantly criticize our players till they leave and produce elsewhere. When the real problem for the last I don't know how many years has been the lines.

I think the real problem the past ten years was the front office and coaching.

Only reason people bring this stuff up is to enforce the poor job the current regime is doing with roster management.

Philagape
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
It's always mind-boggling when people say "If only X were different, Y would do better" as a defense of Y.
Doesn't such a statement speak well of X rather than Y? It doesn't say anything about Y.

djjimkelly
12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
my bottom line is stop drafting ****ing rbs in the first round

3 rbs in 10 years in the first round and none of them start for us currently im sick of rbs

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Lee Evans was your favorite Bill? I mean, seriously. Take a look at this year's team-- is the passing game any worse without Evans than it was with him? Not really.

and your favorite is who? Chris Kelsay?

Goobylal
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM
No doubt Lynch got tired of the fans after the drunk-girl accident and the gun in the trunk. Probably best for both sides to make a change.

Extremebillsfan247
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
hes a monster

spiller wouldnt have been picked if truly wanted to keep lynch

we would have another front 7 or O linemanlol Funny you should create such a topic. When he was here, Bills fans couldn't wait for this team to get rid of him. Just saying.

alnilla
12-02-2011, 10:42 AM
we could of made his signing bonus in candy......lynch runs hard no doubt about it

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2011, 10:45 AM
lol Funny you should create such a topic. When he was here, Bills fans couldn't wait for this team to get rid of him. Just saying.

Did you do a survery of the entire Bills fan base? That's what I thought. Just talking out of your ass.

Extremebillsfan247
12-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Did you do a survery of the entire Bills fan base? That's what I thought. Just talking out of your ass.It wouldn't take you long to go back and find some of the tasty comments from posts on any Bills message board when he was here. Shallow minds forget easily. Maybe I should post them to refresh your memory.

Ed
12-02-2011, 10:57 AM
How come no one ever makes threads like this when Lynch has a bad game? I didn't see anyone wishing we still had Lynch during the first half of the season when Fred Jackson was leading the league in rushing and Lynch was averaging 3.5 ypc. If Lynch were still here he'd be watching Fred Jackson from the sideline like everyone else. And everyone would still be talking about what a waste of a first round pick he was. Instead the Bills traded him for a draft pick that they used to pick up our current starting LT in case you didn't notice. So what would you rather have? Marshawn Lynch as a back-up RB, or a younger starting OT in Chris Hairston?

Extremebillsfan247
12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Did you do a survery of the entire Bills fan base? That's what I thought. Just talking out of your ass. Hell, even you wanted him gone. Remember this? Quote: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=190630&highlight=Marshawn+Lynch

good, get this ugly ass give up on his team, hit people with cars, steal money from a lady.... mother ****er out of here. what a waste of talent.

I could go on with more from other posters, not just from this message board either. But I don't really have to. No survey is really needed. Proof is in the pudding. JMO

better days
12-02-2011, 11:07 AM
How come no one ever makes threads like this when Lynch has a bad game? I didn't see anyone wishing we still had Lynch during the first half of the season when Fred Jackson was leading the league in rushing and Lynch was averaging 3.5 ypc. If Lynch were still here he'd be watching Fred Jackson from the sideline like everyone else. And everyone would still be talking about what a waste of a first round pick he was. Instead the Bills traded him for a draft pick that they used to pick up our current starting LT in case you didn't notice. So what would you rather have? Marshawn Lynch as a back-up RB, or a younger starting OT in Chris Hairston?

How about option B. Lynch & an OT or OLB that can rush the passer instead of Spiller.

Ed
12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
How about option B. Lynch & an OT or OLB that can rush the passer instead of Spiller.
Ok, which OT or pass rushing OLB? Give me a name.

The Jokeman
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Fun Facts.

Fun with facts prior to this year Jackson rushed for 100 yards in 7 of 56 games as a Bill.

Fred might be better than Lynch but not as much as some let on. Not to mention with in the "what have you shown me lately" Lynch has been significantly better than Fred in Weeks 9-13 of the 2011 NFL season.

EDIT: Should have said week 13.

The Jokeman
12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Ok, which OT or pass rushing OLB? Give me a name.
At OT many of us were calling for Bryan Bulaga.

Ed
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
At OT many of us were calling for Bryan Bulaga.
Yeah I liked Bulaga too at the time, but he's strictly a RT and has been a solid player, but nothing spectacular.

So if it's Lynch and Bulaga, or Spiller and Hairston, I'd still take Spiller and Hairston.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Hell, even you wanted him gone. Remember this? Quote: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=190630&highlight=Marshawn+Lynch

good, get this ugly ass give up on his team, hit people with cars, steal money from a lady.... mother ****er out of here. what a waste of talent.

I could go on with more from other posters, not just from this message board either. But I don't really have to. No survey is really needed. Proof is in the pudding. JMO

I wanted him gone for a 3rd rounder. Not for what the Bills got for him. They were better off keeping him.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah I liked Bulaga too at the time, but he's strictly a RT and has been a solid player, but nothing spectacular.

So if it's Lynch and Bulaga, or Spiller and Hairston, I'd still take Spiller and Hairston.

You are :crazy: if you're actually serious.

EricStratton
12-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I wanted him gone for a 3rd rounder. Not for what the Bills got for him. They were better off keeping him.

You wanted a 3rd, they got a 4th and 5th/6th.

Way to break from the pack.

Ed
12-02-2011, 11:42 AM
You are :crazy: if you're actually serious.
I am. I like Chris Hairston. He's bigger and stronger then Bulaga and he's more versatile. I couldn't care less about Lynch.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
You wanted a 3rd, they got a 4th and 5th/6th.

Way to break from the pack.

Eric Stratton was secretly gay behind the scenes. That being said, a 3rd instead of the fourth. I actually wanted a 3rd and a 5th. The 5th, not being conditional.

Bill Cody
12-02-2011, 11:59 AM
When Seattle gets a good OL, Lynch will put up NUMBERS.

And when we get 10 or 15 new players we'll win the Super Bowl. So what?

Bill Cody
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM

We're fans. Fletcher played hard for us and he was a solid not great player. Johnson has produced and hopefully he'll grow a brain. The rest on your list?

Mcgahee wanted out but I think the Buffalo climate had more to do with it than any criticism from fans. Whitner was JAG with a big mouth, good riddance. You can't be serious about Maybin, he was an abject failure here and it wasn't because anyone hurt his feelings. Lynch was not a team guy here and wanted out, a pot smoking quitter, good riddance.

I refuse to say that just because they wear our laundry we have to kiss their rings when they fail to produce and act like idiots. Sue me.

better days
12-02-2011, 12:34 PM
And when we get 10 or 15 new players we'll win the Super Bowl. So what?

Well, I hope you are right about the Bills winning a Super Bowl. I think Lynch will put up numbers by next year. But I think he is a free agent next year we'll see if he stays in Seattle or moves on.

EDS
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Do you honestly think fan criticism on an internet message board has any impact whatsoever on a free agent's decision to sign with Buffalo or not?

The reason free agents don't want to come here are because they don't believe the franchise can win. The primary factors related to that include:

1. Lack of ownership capital.
2. Unattractive location.
3. Absence of franchise caliber talent on roster. Without a young Brett Farve Reggie White never goes to Green Bay.
4. Front office instability - no 70+ year old GM is in it for the long haul.

Bill Cody
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Well, I hope you are right about the Bills winning a Super Bowl. I think Lynch will put up numbers by next year. But I think he is a free agent next year we'll see if he stays in Seattle or moves on.

Here's the deal: Buffalo is not for everyone. I think we need to make sure before we draft someone that they are not freaked out by snow or that living in a big city floats their boat.

Sure they have to go where they're drafted but why not build a team with a bunch of nasty, blue collar guys that want to work and love the Buffalo fan loyalty instead of the McGahee's and Lynch's of the world that are looking to get out the minute they get here. Believe me there's plenty of them available, we had a team full in the 90's. I want to win as much as anyone but is it too much to ask to have a team full of guys that you can REALLY root for? Just asking.

Bill Cody
12-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Do you honestly think fan criticism on an internet message board has any impact whatsoever on a free agent's decision to sign with Buffalo or not?

The reason free agents don't want to come here are because they don't believe the franchise can win. The primary factors related to that include:

1. Lack of ownership capital.
2. Unattractive location.
3. Absence of franchise caliber talent on roster. Without a young Brett Farve Reggie White never goes to Green Bay.
4. Front office instability - no 70+ year old GM is in it for the long haul.

We have to hope Buddy Nix can do what ted Thompson has done in GB, draft like a mad man. Then you can use FA to fill in the final holes. It's just that simple.

Mahdi
12-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Fun Facts.

Here are some more fun facts...

Lynch has 854 yards rushing, 20 receptions, 170 yards rec, and 9 total TDs this season.

This is probably the first time Lynch has run behind an NFL caliber OL because we certainly didn't have one when he was here.

The Seahawks have invested A TON in putting together a run blocking OL.

Drafted Russell Okung, signed Robert Gallery to big money (best run blocking G in NFL), drafted Max Unger in the 2nd round, signed Pat McQuistan (Giant RG), and then they drafted James Carpenter at RT in the first round last draft.

Lynch is going to be a productive RB for a long time with that type of blocking in front of him because when he actually gets to the second level, not many guys can bring him down.

SABURZFAN
12-02-2011, 04:41 PM

says the guy who keeps bringing up Trent Edwards. :laughing:

Johnny Bugmenot
12-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Bulaga started at RT-- as a rookie-- for a Super Bowl winner and is well on his way to his second title. Besides, last year the Bills were in need of RTs as well (as the spectacular failure of Cornell Green showed).

I still would have taken Bulaga over Spiller.

djjimkelly
12-02-2011, 05:30 PM
lol Funny you should create such a topic. When he was here, Bills fans couldn't wait for this team to get rid of him. Just saying.

i was a big lynch fan show me where ive ever cursed him like more then any rb on our roster currently

Philagape
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Bulaga was my pre-draft pick that year. Maybe not worth ninth overall, but still solid

better days
12-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Bulaga was my pre-draft pick that year. Maybe not worth ninth overall, but still solid

I went & looked through my old Lindys 2010 preview mag today. It lists every player drafted by every team. After looking at it, the entire draft does not look very impressive aside from Suh.

It is still early, but so far, not a great draft class. The #1 pick in the draft was Sam Bradford. He has not shown he will be anything better than AVERAGE & he may end up a bust. #2 was Suh, the PRIZE of the draft. #3 was McCoy to the Bucs, may do alright but so far has not done anything & is INJURY PRONE.

Like I said most of the players in this draft class are going to have to show something in the next year or two or this class will go down as MEDIOCRE at best.

Mahdi
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Bulaga started at RT-- as a rookie-- for a Super Bowl winner and is well on his way to his second title. Besides, last year the Bills were in need of RTs as well (as the spectacular failure of Cornell Green showed).

I still would have taken Bulaga over Spiller.
Eric Pears has been better than Bulaga. You don't draft RTs at 9.

Ickybaluky
12-03-2011, 09:08 AM
It is still early, but so far, not a great draft class. The #1 pick in the draft was Sam Bradford. He has not shown he will be anything better than AVERAGE & he may end up a bust. #2 was Suh, the PRIZE of the draft. #3 was McCoy to the Bucs, may do alright but so far has not done anything & is INJURY PRONE.

Bradford is fine, he is just one a terrible team. Good player.

It has only been a couple years, but a lot of the top guys have established themselves. Trent Williams is a starting LT, ditto Russell Okung. Eric Berry is spectacular and already one of the best S in the NFL, and will be back next year. Joe Haden is a very good starting CB. Rolondo McClain, Tyson Alualu, Anthony Davis, Ryan Matthews, Earl Thomas, Jason Pierre-Paul, Mike Iupati, Maurkice Pouncey. Lots of good players in the top half of that draft, all established as starters early in their career. I would say all those guys have justified their draft position.

The Jokeman
12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Here are some more fun facts...

Lynch has 854 yards rushing, 20 receptions, 170 yards rec, and 9 total TDs this season.

This is probably the first time Lynch has run behind an NFL caliber OL because we certainly didn't have one when he was here.

The Seahawks have invested A TON in putting together a run blocking OL.

Drafted Russell Okung, signed Robert Gallery to big money (best run blocking G in NFL), drafted Max Unger in the 2nd round, signed Pat McQuistan (Giant RG), and then they drafted James Carpenter at RT in the first round last draft.

Lynch is going to be a productive RB for a long time with that type of blocking in front of him because when he actually gets to the second level, not many guys can bring him down.
and IF Lynch were to go down or was lost that because of having a better O-line they could use another RB to fill in for him and still exceed. What an amazing philosophy, it sounds like what Shahanan did in Denver and the Patriots continually do too.

better days
12-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Bradford is fine, he is just one a terrible team. Good player.

It has only been a couple years, but a lot of the top guys have established themselves. Trent Williams is a starting LT, ditto Russell Okung. Eric Berry is spectacular and already one of the best S in the NFL, and will be back next year. Joe Haden is a very good starting CB. Rolondo McClain, Tyson Alualu, Anthony Davis, Ryan Matthews, Earl Thomas, Jason Pierre-Paul, Mike Iupati, Maurkice Pouncey. Lots of good players in the top half of that draft, all established as starters early in their career. I would say all those guys have justified their draft position.

Well, like I said SO FAR Bradford has not proven he will be anything but average at best. He could be a bust. He can not be called a good player yet.

Okung has been injury prone. And Berry, the ONLY player you called spectacular was injured the 1st game of the year & did not play all season.

Of course many high round picks are starting. Teams drafted them because they NEEDED a starter at the position they were drafted to play. That does not mean they will turn out to be GOOD players.

Beebe
12-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I can't believe we still think about this guy he's one speeding ticket away from getting suspended a year from the NFL , I was a big LYNCH fan I still have his jersey but if your not in BILLS uniform can't root for you. Unless your team is helping the BILLS in one way or another.