PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the use of Zonebucks for this game?

The King
12-02-2011, 11:00 AM
One thing I tried to do with this was make ZB's relevant again. How many of you thought this was a cool feature?

Was it a pain to do the donations?

Should we abandon them in the future and just work with an imaginary cap?

Outside of the millions being spread around to start the game I think it worked out pretty well. Ideally I'd like to keep them and have everyone even out again so ZB's can be part of your trading and tactics but if you guys hate them, then I'll rethink that.

ServoBillieves
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
It was well done KB, I only regret I joined the game so late. I'd keep the ZB aspect of it.

Mski
12-02-2011, 11:38 AM
i like the ZB aspect too, i think you should keep them

methos4ever
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Same here with regard to ZB. I enjoyed it and it felt like a great activity to have fun with on the board non-bills related!

YardRat
12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
i like the ZB aspect too, i think you should keep them

Ditto...I thought it worked well.

jamze132
12-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Zonebucks worked.
Everyone should be given the amount necessary when the game starts and institute a "cash to cap" philosophy so the only money one can use is the amount that was given at the start of the game.

BLeonard
12-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Zonebucks worked.
Everyone should be given the amount necessary when the game starts and institute a "cash to cap" philosophy so the only money one can use is the amount that was given at the start of the game.

Miyagi suggested this before: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=207207

Basically, using this idea, it would eliminate the value being directly related to the card... You could spend your cap on auctions, buying from other players, or a combo. This would also take any advantage a person having more ZB has, as this season, they could offer any number in their budget for the card.

For example: Say next year's cap is $500k. Historian could have very well spent the $500k in purchasing Cameron Diaz, as he did last season. But, if you're counting cash spent, he'd be done with a deal like that.

Long story short, once you spend the cap, whether it be on auctions or buying cards from others, you're done.

It would also allow players to move cards while in a sense, splitting the cap space on the deal. For example:

Clump paid $165k for Danica McKellar... Now, chances were very good he wouldn't find a buyer to take on the entire cap hit, but, perhaps someone would have offered $50k for her. If you use the cap on cash spent, Clump would get $50k of his cap back, while the new card owner would get the card at a price agreeable to him.

Personally, I think the Zonebucks worked fine. I think they would work even better if the plan outlined above were put into effect. It takes the ability for "richer players" to simply offer insane amounts of ZB for a card with a low cap, thus leveling the playing field. With the dollar number off the card, it would also free up "even up" trading and all but eliminate the need to sell cards back to Bedard, making less work for him as a result.

-Bill

The King
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
way too challenging to manage... the new game will ease the cap concerns

jamze132
12-03-2011, 03:20 PM
way too challenging to manage... the new game will ease the cap concerns
I hope you're not saying "cash to cap" is too hard to manage...

Static
12-05-2011, 07:30 AM
the game worked fine don't change it.

YardRat
12-05-2011, 02:15 PM
We do get them back at the end, right?

TMu11
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I really liked the ZBs, but I think the cash to cap concept would really improve the game