12-03-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm currently looking at the following as being legit options:

OLB Courtney Upshaw
CB Dre Kirkpatrick

Possible:

ILB Manti Teo
ILB Luke Keuchly
ILB Vontaze Burflict

P.S. Sorry I haven't been around, I've got personal crap I'm dealing with.

methos4ever
12-03-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm in agreement X, though I'd also add in possible of a Vincent Jackson type like Jeffery or Floyd. Not a burner down the field, but a bigger guy that can win jump balls like those guys do for Rivers. Currently we don't have anyone that does that regularly outside of Stevie.

And on defense, what about Claiborne? Or do you think he'll be gone by then?

DraftBoy
12-03-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree with the list if we stick around 15 though right now Im looking more in the 10-12 range.

X-Era
12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm in agreement X, though I'd also add in possible of a Vincent Jackson type like Jeffery or Floyd. Not a burner down the field, but a bigger guy that can win jump balls like those guys do for Rivers. Currently we don't have anyone that does that regularly outside of Stevie.

And on defense, what about Claiborne? Or do you think he'll be gone by then?

So, based on what I see, here's what I think happens:

Blackmon (who I'd love), and Claiborne may go in the top 10. Claiborne is ranbked lower currently but probably ends up the top CB taken and the position is coveted. He's a heck of a player and it only takes one team to fall in love with him.

I'm not a fan of Jeffery. I just don't like his intensity, sometimes sloppy route running, and half-assed run blocking. I think the team that drafts him may end up with a guy who just doesn't play very hard and doesn't really produce much. It's similar to how I felt about Nick Fairley.

Floyd would be great but really is more of a late 1st or top of the 2nd round guy to me. But it's still early, I could see him becoming a top 20 pick. I really like his toughness and gritty play. Totally agree on getting a physical possession type WR. Our wide open sets with quick throws need big strong WR's to handle the jams at the line. However, his off the field stuff and various injuries may keep him at or below late 1st though.

methos4ever
12-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Floyd would be great but really is more of a late 1st or top of the 2nd round guy to me. But it's still early, I could see him becoming a top 20 pick. I really like his toughness and gritty play. Totally agree on getting a physical possession type WR. Our wide open sets with quick throws need big strong WR's to handle the jams at the line. However, his off the field stuff and various injuries may keep him at or below late 1st though.
Given that it's alcohol in particular, I'd fear he's one bad night away from a DWI in B-lo...

I think DB mentioned the WR Quick was well in the mid-rounds. In a perfect world for me, I would hope we go take a page out of the Steelers 2007 and double down on backers in rounds 1 and 2. Say a Te'o and Jenkins in 2 or something like that...

YardRat
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB
Courtney Upshaw, OLB

Outside chance for Johnathon Martin, OT, but I really don't think this team will go offensive line in the first even though they desperately need a couple of upgrades.

Ed
12-05-2011, 11:33 AM
I know it's still way early, bu I don't think I've seen any mocks, except for draftboy's, where Claiborne or Kirkpatrick fall out of the top 10. A pass rusher would be ideal right now based on needs, but I'd jump all over either of those CB's.

So let's say Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Upshaw are all off the board before our pick. Would Brandon Jenkins be a reach at 15? I saw one mock where they have Jenkins going to the Bills in round 2. It seems like most of the mocks I've looked at lately have the Bills taking Zach Brown or Coples.

X-Era
12-05-2011, 03:59 PM
I know it's still way early, bu I don't think I've seen any mocks, except for draftboy's, where Claiborne or Kirkpatrick fall out of the top 10. A pass rusher would be ideal right now based on needs, but I'd jump all over either of those CB's.

So let's say Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Upshaw are all off the board before our pick. Would Brandon Jenkins be a reach at 15? I saw one mock where they have Jenkins going to the Bills in round 2. It seems like most of the mocks I've looked at lately have the Bills taking Zach Brown or Coples.I think the off the field problems will make the Bills leery on Janoris Jenkins which is who I think you meant. The drug related arrests will not sit well with the Bills.

At this point, it's possible to land the top ILB in the class at 10-15. I like that version.

Ed
12-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I think the off the field problems will make the Bills leery on Janoris Jenkins which is who I think you meant. The drug related arrests will not sit well with the Bills.

At this point, it's possible to land the top ILB in the class at 10-15. I like that version.
No, I did mean Brandon Jenkins. I don't really know anything about him, but he plays OLB or DE at FSU. I've seen his name in various mocks going as high as 15 and as low as the middle of the second round.