PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Night in Canada hotstove BOG: Tampa and Florida to move into Sabres division

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
12-04-2011, 12:08 AM
NorthEast
Sabres
Bruins
Maple Leafs
Senators
Candiens
Panthers
Lightning

Atlantic
Penguins
Flyers
Rangers
Islanders
Devils
Capitals
Hurricanes
:star: Red Wings/Blue Jackets :star:

West
:star:Red Wings/Blue jackets:star:
Blackhawks
Wild
Predators
Stars
Avalanche
Blues

Northwest
Coyotes
Ducks
Sharks
Kings
Canucks
Flames
Oilers
Jets

:star: = coin flip

clumping platelets
12-04-2011, 12:10 AM
I would put one of the Florida teams in the Atlantic and give the NE Detroit or Columbus

Crisis
12-04-2011, 12:12 AM
They're going to call it the Northeast with two Florida teams?

If this happens, it's probably best case scenario for us. Avoid the Atlantic powerhouses in our division, if Colombus goes into the East then its just gravy.

Crisis
12-04-2011, 12:20 AM
The proposal is actually four conferences, not divisions.

Crisis
12-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Where are you even getting this from actually? All the lists I've seen are different than this.

SabreEleven
12-04-2011, 07:08 AM
and what does BOG stand for? Do you have a link? Is this their opinion? Is this something you and your mom came up with?

YardRat
12-04-2011, 08:42 AM
The state of Florida shouldn't even be allowed to have hockey.

Dump the trash heap, and relocate the teams to Hartford and Quebec.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
and what does BOG stand for? Do you have a link? Is this their opinion? Is this something you and your mom came up with?

BOG = Board of Governors (The owners of all the NHL teams) chairman of the Board is Boston Bruins owner, Jeremy Jacobs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs).

The BOG can...
review and approve any rule changes to the game
hiring and firing of the NHL commissioner
review and approve the purchase, sale, or relocation of any member club.
review and approve the salary caps for member clubs.
review and approve any changes to the structure of the game schedule

The Board of Governors meets twice per year, in June and December, with the exact date and place to be fixed by the NHL Commissioner.

you mean you have never heard of Satellite Hotstove on HNiC? Don Cherry's Coaches Corner is on in the first intermission, Satellite Hotstove is on in the second intermission.

and here is the link for Satelite Hotstove had to wait for today because they didn't have it uploaded yet

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/hotstove/video/#id=2173372548

Crisis
12-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure you could've ended that post after "Board of Governors"

tampabay25690
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
The state of Florida shouldn't even be allowed to have hockey.

Dump the trash heap, and relocate the teams to Hartford and Quebec.

WHY?

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
12-04-2011, 10:19 PM
WHY?

because hockey doesn't belong in the south!

tell me something is the St. Pete Times Forum EVER sold out every time that the Lightning play or are there always tickets still available? The Florida Panthers their building never sells out they always have tons of empty seats. The Hurricanes fans think that the other teams fans should be quiet and curteous like your watching a movie in a movie theatre but they can be loud, rude and obnoxious. When the Sabres are playing in Carolina the Sabres fans always give the Carolina fans ****! and then they complain on their message boards that Sabres fans are to roudy. Did you know that last year the Sabres were playing the Hurricanes and some canes fan actually filed a lawsuit against a Sabres fan because they spilled beer on her by accident, Another Canes fan wrote on their message board made a false aquistion that some Sabres fan slashed his tires on his truck when he didn't have any proof, Another canes girl last year wrote on the Canes message board that she filed a lawsuit with the police because a Sabres fan punched her in the face and she lost three teeth and got a black eye which was also false. Stupid Southern Hillbillies! The South is only good for NFL football and Nascar.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-05-2011, 05:18 AM
That is really funny about Carolina. I have relatives there and they tell me about that stuff. Complaints because Sabres fans are loud? LOL

BTW, the Panthers and the Lightning have higher attendance figures than Winnepeg, New Jersey, Colorado, NY Islanders, and Columbus. Tampa has higher figures than the Wild and Oilers. I think hockey can work in Florida because of the northern transplants. I don't think it works in Phoenix.

PTI
12-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I would not mind this at all.

Michael82
12-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Wow! Looks like you were right about the Sabres new idiotic conference. Florida and Tampa really don't belong in that conference.