PDA

View Full Version : Great TD drive at the end of the game..hahaha

Thurmal
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Johnson catches a ball at the 20 with, like, seven minutes left, and Fitzpatrick donks off four mins. throwing two yard slants over the middle of the field. That was like watching Andy Reid and McNabb run a hurry--up offense. Lost the game.

Night Train
12-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Fitz is limited and a lack of deep speed equals pop gun attacks. Not ripping Fitz but he's been figured out and easy to Defense.

DraftBoy
12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
The clock management by Fitz and Gailey was atrocious.

Luisito23
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM
The clock management by Fitz and Gailey was atrocious.

These guys just don't get it...

Every game is the same sh**

imbondz
12-04-2011, 03:52 PM
when we were winning, we were saying that Chan's clock management was spot on. I just didnt understand how we could go down the field so quick and score then, but not in the first 3 quarters. we just have too many key injuries to overcome. we're a 2nd and 3rd string team starting.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
The clock management by Fitz and Gailey was atrocious. Going back to last week, Fitz took precious seconds off the clock by running out of bounds instead of throwing it away.

Today, he threw 2-3 yard completions that ticked seconds off the clock instead of throwing an incompletion. Bad clock management from such a "smart" QB...

Extremebillsfan247
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Johnson catches a ball at the 20 with, like, seven minutes left, and Fitzpatrick donks off four mins. throwing two yard slants over the middle of the field. That was like watching Andy Reid and McNabb run a hurry--up offense. Lost the game. I'll say this, our defense gets a lot of flack, but they showed up today when it mattered most. They gave the offense a chance to pull out the victory. As banged up as this defense is, I'm proud of how they stuck it out. Gailey decided to put trust in them with just over 2min. to go in the game and they delivered. Too bad the offense couldn't capitalize on that. JMO

Thurmal
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Fitz is limited and a lack of deep speed equals pop gun attacks. Not ripping Fitz but he's been figured out and easy to Defense.

He can't throw a ball over 15 yards! He had Brad Smith open big-time twice on two flag routes and overthrew him by 10 yards both times.

Thurmal
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Honorable mention to the field goal drive in the first half where Spiller and Choice were picking up, like, 10 YPC, so we throw every down with a first and goal from the 8. Nice work, Chan.

Cleve
12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Fitzpatrick is not a starting-caliber QB - I would think after losing 5 straight games the fans here would have figured this out by now.

He's a decent journeyman backup QB - he was found to be less than vital by both the Rams and the Bengals, and ended up in Buffalo, where he's ended up a starter - not because he's good, but because there's nobody else around that's better.

He would not be a starting QB in most NFL franchises - but most NFL franchises are not run by a doddering 93 year old man whose main priority is saving money. We constantly get castoffs and retreads on our team, we fail at draft after draft because Ralph Wilson isn't willing to pay for top-shelf scouts and talent development personnel.

Just like Jauron 3 years ago, Fitzpatrick should have NEVER been handed a massive 11 million dollar a year contract - he's not worth it - he's worth about 1/3 to 1/4 of that. The stupidity of that contract signing has been underscored by the futility of the last month+ of Buffalo Bills play.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
He can't throw a ball over 15 yards! He had Brad Smith open big-time twice on two flag routes and overthrew him by 10 yards both times.
...And he was WIDE OPEN...

jimmacie
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Amen, Cleve! You hit it right on the head!

madness
12-05-2011, 08:04 AM

I agree... it has nothing to do with who we have at WR. Fitz has absolutely no long ball. 3/4 of the time he's too impatient to let a deep route develop and the other 1/4, he'd be more accurate handing the ball off to the RB and letting him throw down field.

trapezeus
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
watching stafford last night. it is amazing tos ee the difference between fitz's windup and stafford flicking a 20 yard pass with no effort.

Fitz's windup is killer. yet, i stand behind needing this guy for the future qb.

I hope gailey and fitz andnix talk january 2nd. This is the conversation:

Nix: ryan, you like that big contract we gave you?
Fitz: Yes.
Gailey: look, this is difficult to say, so let me get it all out ok?
Fitz: is something wrong?
Gailey: we didn't win a game since Halloween.
Fitz: But
Gailey: let me finish. it isn't you. it's me.
Nix: you're lying. it's entirely him.
Gailey: it is you. When anyone watches the film, they see a number of plays that you don't hit the guy who is wide open. Or you just don't have the touch for a pass ina tight window.
Fitz: But i'm a gun slinger. I am not rattled by the mistakes i make.
Gailey: i know. That's the problem. you need to start getting rattled.
Fitz: so i'm done? You're cutting me?
Nix: No
Gailey: No. But we are going to ask for the keys back next year. You haveone more year, you have the contract, i'll keep working for you. But you got to help me out and teach a guy who can throw a 30 yard pass off his back foot with two guys on him, how you read defenses. We need this to be fairly smooth and drama free. if not, then we'll just part ways with you. and we don't want to do that. but going 0-9 at the end was a bit too much for anyone to take.

PTI
12-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I would just go ahead and start Thigpen to see if he can be the backup to whoever the Bills draft next year....