My interest in the Bills over the past decade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

My interest in the Bills over the past decade...

...has been dwindling, dwindling, dwindling, and dwindling. This past season there have been games I barley watched even when I had the time

I'm not sure how much more I can take before I finally say piss on football.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-04-2011, 04:52 PM.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: My interest in the Bills over the past decade...

It's like a dead marriage where you look at every hot piece of ass that walks by, but you know you could never cheat and you're stuck for life.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

You're not the only one. I was just thinking how dead this board is after another loss. There was a day when this place would be on fire right now. We are getting used to losing.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
        You're not the only one. I was just thinking how dead this board is after another loss. There was a day when this place would be on fire right now. We are getting used to losing.
        Yes and no....I have been a Bills fan since 1964. I've seen the best and worst that this team can give us (more worst than best). We are not getting used to losing-- some of us long-suffering fans (like Jan Reimers and myself) are getting f u c k i n g TIRED of losing. After a while it just gets to be too much to deal with year after year after year after year.....

I have become numb (not Comfortably Numb - I love Pink Floyd) to the point that I watch the games and don't even get pissed off over a loss anymore. My wife has noticed this...she's not afraid of me going nonlinear after a Bills loss any more.

As Danny Glover said in one of the Lethal Weapon movies.... "I'm getting too old for this s h i t "

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

Early in the decade, when I was young, I really didn't give a ****. It seems I care more now than I ever did before.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
            Early in the decade, when I was young, I really didn't give a ****. It seems I care more now than I ever did before.
            you're doing it wrong then.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
              • Feb 2005

definately not the same now as in the past... went christmas shopping today and really did not care much about the game since it was blacked out... and now even after the loss Im feeling like "whatever" about the bills right now
              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by imbondz
                you're doing it wrong then.
                And yet here we are, discussing how much we don't care about this team.

I think I'll stop giving a **** when I get married and my wife forces me to do **** on Sundays, or the Bills move.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                  I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  ...This past season there have been games I barley watched even when I had the time
                  So in the offeseason you won't be able to comment on player evaluations since you have since such little of the Bills games

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
                    So in the offeseason you won't be able to comment on player evaluations since you have since such little of the Bills games
                    I watched in the beginning of the season. Haven't watched much since then. Probably haven't watched much at all since after the 1st Jets loss.

It's not hard to evaluate dog shlt. It was easy early on to see how awful this team was even with 3 fluke wins.
                    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-04-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                      Yes and no....I have been a Bills fan since 1964. I've seen the best and worst that this team can give us (more worst than best). We are not getting used to losing-- some of us long-suffering fans (like Jan Reimers and myself) are getting f u c k i n g TIRED of losing. After a while it just gets to be too much to deal with year after year after year after year.....

I have become numb (not Comfortably Numb - I love Pink Floyd) to the point that I watch the games and don't even get pissed off over a loss anymore. My wife has noticed this...she's not afraid of me going nonlinear after a Bills loss any more.

As Danny Glover said in one of the Lethal Weapon movies.... "I'm getting too old for this s h i t "

This is exactly how I feel. Went to my first game in 1975 as a teenager. I used to be as big a homer as many of the young guys on here. Now it's just blah. I don't get angry anymore sometimes I don't even watch all the games. Im just in a really strange place. Game day used to really mean something. Now , not so much :/
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• bf1
                        • Oct 2010

What makes it worse it the front office makes a very minimal effort each year to improve.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i agree. i had friends in town and went for brunch without second thought of missing the first half.

They just are a miserable organization. the scouts still just suck. the 2010 draft is as bad or worse than the 2006 class. Watching the ngata piece on espn, it's absurd.

They literally could pay this board like $200,000 to be split across 50 of us and let us vote on what we think and we'd have fielded a better team. it's not hyperbole.

Ralph wilson was the first bankster. He gets funded year after year after failure and more failure.

Comment

• warsawbassman
                            • Oct 2006

I was as die hard as any from early 80's knox era till they just kicked me in the balls this year. Back to back 2-14's, wide right, 4 straight losses in the sb, home run throwback, epic collapses in 02',08' and this year, finding new ways to lose games over and over again the last decade plus (i.e. Dallas monday nighter, 04 home opener, etc...) oh I almost forgot, losing to scrubs with a playoff birth on the line in 04'..... Enough is enough for me. I am taking a break, I still follow out of curiosity, but I am putting a lot of distance between me and them, no jumping up and down excited when the win, or down in the dumps when they lose. It's like they already have left town, cause thats how I will treat them when they do.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

I'm 24 years old. This team has literally defined my life. Take that as one of the most pathetic things you have ever read or just something interesting, but the Bills have been why I was ripped on living in Pittsburgh, why my nickname in high school and college was Buffalo, and why I have watched every game this year. Toss in my Bills tattoo and that's where my bandwagon/sometimes real Steeler fan friends respected me.

This team is cursed. I get beyond excited when they do well, but they will forever crush my heart and soul because there is something within this organization that prevents this team from winning.

If it's not talent, it's injuries. If it's not injuries, it's been lack of talent. If both have been OK, it's terrible coordinators. It's a maddening, awful situation that since my first memories has been dug in to my memory and will never go away. If we had 50% of the players that were either on IR or just constantly injured (Wilson, Kelsay, Bell, Hairston), this team would be GOLDEN... But no. Our best players are either done for the year or completely banged up.

As of today, I will say **** this team, but I will constantly be at this board, I will follow the draft, I will be obsessed with FA, and when this team starts off to a 4-2 start next year, I'll get my hopes up...

But let's face it... It's just not going to happen.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X