PDA

View Full Version : Zach Kassian

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-05-2011, 05:24 AM
I really like the way he is playing. I was a little concerned when they brought him up because I don't want his development ruined. There is a lot of you who think he is some goon, fighting, hack, but that is not what he is. It seems like the organization is doing what they need to do to make him a hard-nosed, playmaking, power forward. I was once told he would make his mark in the league with his fists, that just is not true.

YardRat
12-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Garth from Hockey Buzz compares him to Wendell Clarke...a tough guy that'll throw down in a flinch but also get you 25-30 goals per season.

bosshogg21
12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
He reminds me of Ed Hartnell.

2slowtogofast
12-06-2011, 08:23 AM
What are the chances he stays up here. If he keeps playing this way I would love to see him stay here

Mski
12-06-2011, 08:58 AM
What are the chances he stays up here. If he keeps playing this way I would love to see him stay hereit really depends on his contract, and the health of the other players on the team... this kid needs to play every night, if he becomes the odd man out he goes back down

2slowtogofast
12-06-2011, 09:20 AM
it really depends on his contract, and the health of the other players on the team... this kid needs to play every night, if he becomes the odd man out he goes back down

What do you mean by depends on his contract?

Mski
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
alot of younger player contracts, that have the hype he did, there is usually a limited numbner of times they can be called up, and sent down before they cant be again... also there's likely a pay escalation after he plays "x" games as a pro, and the team is tight against the salary cap

2slowtogofast
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Ahh i see

CuseJetsFan83
12-07-2011, 05:15 AM
alot of younger player contracts, that have the hype he did, there is usually a limited numbner of times they can be called up, and sent down before they cant be again... also there's likely a pay escalation after he plays "x" games as a pro, and the team is tight against the salary cap

with entry level deals they are exempt from waivers so they usually are called up and dropped off at will... however i have a feeling kassian will be the next gerbe/ennis and stay up.

as far as the payroll goes they can get around it if a player is put on IR/LTIR

SkateZilla
12-07-2011, 10:16 AM
he'll go down before his 10 game tryout time ends.. garaunteed.

unless we trade away a few million in salary .

G Wolly
12-07-2011, 01:32 PM

No.

He won't.

Mski
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
with entry level deals they are exempt from waivers so they usually are called up and dropped off at will... however i have a feeling kassian will be the next gerbe/ennis and stay up.

as far as the payroll goes they can get around it if a player is put on IR/LTIR
im pretty sure there's a limit to the number of times a player can be sent down and called back within a season before they're required to stay up, and count against the cap. And the team itself has a limit on call ups for the year, with exception to emergency call ups, which i think all of them this year would qualify for, with the only exception possibly being the tropp call up when kaleta was suspended

OpIv37
12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Does anyone in this thread know what the hell they're talking about?

Does anyone have a link to the details of Kassian's contract?

SkateZilla
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Kassian Has better numbers than Boyes, Leino, and a few other players

Crisis
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM

unless we trade away a few million in salary .

10 game tryout? what?

isn't that only for players who aren't eligible to play in the AHL?