PDA

View Full Version : Trials and Tribulations of being a Bills Fan

DesertFox24
12-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Heard a song on the radio that summed my mood up very well today.

Miserable by Lit

This season is probably the worst season I have watched in a long time. There are four games that I think we were one play away from winning (Cincy, @Jets, @Giants, Tenn). However, as we know those 4 games are loses and we are now in full suck mood and will probably be lucky to win one more game.

The psyche of the team has to be in shambles knowing they had control of their dynasty and pissed it away.

Anyway I am so depressed at the Bills and made at myself for even letting this franchise effect 16 weeks of my life the way they do.

I am almost at the point of just saying the heck with it, but I know this April I will get all excited again and start hoping 12 is the year. Which, by the way is the year I told all my friends is the year I will judge the Nix/gailey regime. The great start got my hopes up and then true to form the bills destroyed them.

That being said there are a couple of things the bills need to do for me to stay a fan of the team, and it starts with how the manage the current roster.

Many writers have been bringing up the fact that the bills are notorious for letting decent/solid/strong players leave the organization. I agree with this sentiment, but am hoping that Buddy Nix will keep his word. Some of you might remember Buddy saying that the Bills will build through the draft not big free agency spending, but that one of his main focus points is keeping good players in Buffalo.

Below are a few things that need to be done in my opinion for me to continue my support.

Scott Chandler and Steve Johnson need to be in a Bills uniform next year. I do not care how it is done but it needs to be that way
Of our three OL that are on expiring contracts one needs to be brought back (Urbik, Rinehart, and Pears). This really should not be hard because Urbik is a restricted FA so I expect us to place a high tender on him thus ensuring he will remain a bill for one more year. I would love to see Pears brought back, and Rinehart as well. Rinehart will not command a lot of money on the open market and could be brought back for a decent deal, Pears could get 3 to 5 mil easy on the open market, hopefully with us. Urbik and Pears I want to keep for obvious reasons. I believe Rinehart could become the interior OL guy we need, he can back up both guard spots and Urbik can move to Center if Wood goes down again. This would also allow Brown to compete with a rookie for that spot
We have three ILB on expiring contracts and our rookie tore his ACL (Torbor, Morrison, and Davis). I expect Torbor and Davis to be done, but I would like us to sign at least one ILB to bring back to Buffalo for depth, and Morrison would be a good candidate in my opinion. I also want to draft one as well. Stipulation is one vet ILB is retained/added
Corner position depends solely on what happens with Aaron Williams knee, if he tore his ACL then it becomes a huge need. I personally would love to see McKelvin and Williams starting with McGee Florence Rodgers competing for the Nickle spot. Granted this depends on McKelvin reaching his potentially which is a long shot. Either way Buddy has said he thinks a team should take one corner each year, what round depends on Williams in my opinion.

My stipulations are not crazy or out of whack in my opinion I am asking for a minimum of three key players in my opinion with expiring contracts to be back. I would love six but that is probably out of the question.