PDA

View Full Version : George Edwards

DesertFox24
12-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Look the defense played a lot better the second half, I will give him that.

However, the DC has to go for one reason and one reason alone is that he has started Spencer Johnson at OLB even though he is getting killed.

Again Chris Johnson's big runs game off his side, SHOCK.

Fire him because he keeps playing him there. Spencer is not a bad a defensive end but he is not a OLB.

Cleve
12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Edward's defense actually held a team to under 400 yds of total offense for once - Titans got 317 yds. Probably only because Hasselbeck sucks so badly - LOL

!Papacrunk!
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Bills do have some pretty big key injuries on D, that has to count for something.

Crisis
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Bills do have some pretty big key injuries on D, that has to count for something.

Defense was terrible when they were healthy is the thing, we just literally had every Tom-Brady-horseshoe-up-your-ass bounce go our way, random tipped interceptions and the like. This team was still giving up 25-30+ points a game with fluke turnovers.

OpIv37
12-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Defense was terrible when they were healthy is the thing, we just literally had every Tom-Brady-horseshoe-up-your-ass bounce go our way, random tipped interceptions and the like. This team was still giving up 25-30+ points a game with fluke turnovers.

Exactly. I've been trying to say this all season but no one wants to listen.

The DL is decent when healthy, with Williams, Dareus, and Dwan Edwards. If Carrington develops, we're in good shape, although I think we need some more rotational players because I don't think we'll ever be able to count on Troupe.

The S's are ok when healthy. Byrd is not the INT machine he was in his first season, but his tackling has improved. Wilson is at least the equal of Whitner. He's serviceable but not dominant. Searcy looks ok but he's definitely not ready to be a regular starter.

The CB's and LB's are an epic disaster. McGee's body has broken down and he's likely done in Buffalo. Florence has been solid the last couple of years but inconsistent this year, and I fear age may be catching up with him as well. McKelvin has never lived up to the hype, and I don't know what to make of Aaron Williams, but even if he turns out to be a starter, we still need at least one more serviceable starter at the position.

The OLB's provide no help in the pass rush and don't have the speed to cover receivers. The ILB's get pushed around in the running game. With the possible exception of Barnett (and Merriman if he can stay healthy), none of our LB's are NFL level starters. The fact that they are trying to use Spencer Johnson at OLB shows just how weak this unit is. Spencer was a DT in the 4-3 and is best fit at end in the 3-4. He might even be able to play some NT in obvious pass-rush situations. He's far too big and slow to be playing OLB.

I suppose they could line him up at OLB and have him put his hand in the dirt before the snap, but the problem is that it nullifies one of the key advantages of the 3-4: the ability to hide where the pressure will come from. The other team knows they won't drop Spencer into coverage, and if they do, the other team will just throw at him because he's too slow to cover.

I didn't intend for this post to be so long, but the topic got me on a roll. Long story short: Edwards sucks and scheming and doesn't seem to understand the 3-4, and the Bills' D lacks talent overall.

User Manuel
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Gotta agree with Op on this.

ZEUS
12-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Gotta agree with Op on this.

X2. Nailed it

BertSquirtgum
12-07-2011, 10:39 PM
George Edwards is dumb. He looks like a ******ed gorilla.

DesertFox24
12-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Exactly. I've been trying to say this all season but no one wants to listen.

The DL is decent when healthy, with Williams, Dareus, and Dwan Edwards. If Carrington develops, we're in good shape, although I think we need some more rotational players because I don't think we'll ever be able to count on Troupe.

The S's are ok when healthy. Byrd is not the INT machine he was in his first season, but his tackling has improved. Wilson is at least the equal of Whitner. He's serviceable but not dominant. Searcy looks ok but he's definitely not ready to be a regular starter.

The CB's and LB's are an epic disaster. McGee's body has broken down and he's likely done in Buffalo. Florence has been solid the last couple of years but inconsistent this year, and I fear age may be catching up with him as well. McKelvin has never lived up to the hype, and I don't know what to make of Aaron Williams, but even if he turns out to be a starter, we still need at least one more serviceable starter at the position.

The OLB's provide no help in the pass rush and don't have the speed to cover receivers. The ILB's get pushed around in the running game. With the possible exception of Barnett (and Merriman if he can stay healthy), none of our LB's are NFL level starters. The fact that they are trying to use Spencer Johnson at OLB shows just how weak this unit is. Spencer was a DT in the 4-3 and is best fit at end in the 3-4. He might even be able to play some NT in obvious pass-rush situations. He's far too big and slow to be playing OLB.

I suppose they could line him up at OLB and have him put his hand in the dirt before the snap, but the problem is that it nullifies one of the key advantages of the 3-4: the ability to hide where the pressure will come from. The other team knows they won't drop Spencer into coverage, and if they do, the other team will just throw at him because he's too slow to cover.

I didn't intend for this post to be so long, but the topic got me on a roll. Long story short: Edwards sucks and scheming and doesn't seem to understand the 3-4, and the Bills' D lacks talent overall.

I agree we need LBs in the worst way but I am not ready to say Sheppard sucks. I think this guy could develop into a very high quality starter for us. We shall see next year.

OLB is terrible.