PDA

View Full Version : Status of Tootoo

SkateZilla
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Anyone see any tweets, blurps, txts or blogs about a hearing yet??

2slowtogofast
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I heard he will have a hearing or a phone conference type of thing sometime today. I hope Shannahan (spelling) makes an example out of him

trapezeus
12-05-2011, 10:51 AM
if he gets suspended, its more on reputation than the hit.

The puck was off his stick and he could have attempted to stop or at least go to one foot and try to slide by with minimal contact being made. But it wasn't as bad as a lot of sabres fans make it out. He didn't have a ton of options there. Lucic's run was significantly worse.

SkateZilla
12-05-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604785

I think Shannahan might do something with this one to put a stop of players carelessly running goalies., as its clear ever since Lucic got off w/ nothing that players are hittign Goaltenders more, ask miller, enroth, there was 3 other goalies that were hit hard a few weeks ago after lucic got nothing.

TooToo's hit wasnt as hard as Lucic's but he had plenty of time to go around the net instead of trying to power over w/ no puck on Erhoff. He cant argue that he didnt know where he was, because he was looking right down at the icing/goal line.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=139657

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-06-2011, 05:28 AM
if he gets suspended, its more on reputation than the hit.

The puck was off his stick and he could have attempted to stop or at least go to one foot and try to slide by with minimal contact being made. But it wasn't as bad as a lot of sabres fans make it out. He didn't have a ton of options there. Lucic's run was significantly worse.

I disagree with you to a point. Tootoo should have never gotten to the point where he couldn't do anything. There was no need to drive to the net (Miller) like that. However, the NHL can't suspend him or it makes the Lucic ruling worse. I am thinking they will do nothing.

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2011, 06:13 AM
I disagree with you to a point. Tootoo should have never gotten to the point where he couldn't do anything. There was no need to drive to the net (Miller) like that. However, the NHL can't suspend him or it makes the Lucic ruling worse. I am thinking they will do nothing.

they may give him 1-2 games because he did get a major/game misconduct and say it was the appropriate call.... or they may try to make an example of past history ala patrick kaleta and make it 4-8 games