PDA

View Full Version : Barnaby Busted

rbochan
12-05-2011, 09:21 AM
"CLARENCE, NY - Former Buffalo Sabre Matthew Barnaby was arrested and charged with DWI early Monday morning.

Erie County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call of an SUV driving erratically without a front tire..."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/144841/37/Matthew-Barnaby-Arrested-Charged-With-DWI

OpIv37
12-05-2011, 09:47 AM
driving without a front tire? Damn.

Cleve
12-05-2011, 10:35 AM
driving without a front tire? Damn.

Sounds like he hit a curb or something, and just kept going. A fact that tends to substantiate the allegation that he was intoxicated - most sober people wouldn't keep driving their expensive SUVs after hitting something hard to enough to rip the tire from the wheel.

OpIv37
12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Sounds like he hit a curb or something, and just kept going. A fact that tends to substantiate the allegation that he was intoxicated - most sober people wouldn't keep driving their expensive SUVs after hitting something hard to enough to rip the tire from the wheel.

yeah, that's definitely the action of someone who is
a) too drunk to notice that they're driving on the rim or
b) trying to get off the road rather than change the tire or wait for a tow truck because they don't want a cop to come up and bust them for being drunk while they're on the side of the road.

SkateZilla
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
He was 3 -Wheelin... Roflmao

PTI
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
crazyness! Take cabs people! I am not rich and I can't afford the DUI!!

Where I live though they have a nice service, it goes by a few names, but they come to pick you up from the bar, and they have 2 people, someone drives your car home, and you just tip if it within 10 miles from the bar, which it is, nice having the car home too!

Mski
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
crazyness! Take cabs people! I am not rich and I can't afford the DUI!!

Where I live though they have a nice service, it goes by a few names, but they come to pick you up from the bar, and they have 2 people, someone drives your car home, and you just tip if it within 10 miles from the bar, which it is, nice having the car home too!they have that here too, and most of the bars in the clarence/amherst/williamsville area promote their use

JD
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Odds are he was at JackAstor's, I see him there often.

Cleve
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
He just lost his good paying gig with ESPN because of this idiocy...

http://www.wham1180.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122742&article=9473253

Skooby
12-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Do all the drunks drive Cayennes'?

tampabay25690
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
So sad..............
I know the family or I should say his ex wife very well.
Matt hasn't been the same since the seperation and now this is the icing on the cake.....
Sucks because I know he is next in line working for the Sabres when someone is getting bumped up for RJ job....
Hope he gets it together.....

Skooby
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
So sad..............
I know the family or I should say his ex wife very well.
Matt hasn't been the same since the seperation and now this is the icing on the cake.....
Sucks because I know he is next in line working for the Sabres when someone is getting bumped up for RJ job....
Hope he gets it together.....

Sabres won't mind the drinking, Ted Darling tied it on during the game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Darling

tampabay25690
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Sabres won't mind the drinking, Ted Darling tied it on during the game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Darling

yea but the DUI and the assault doesnt help

Skooby
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
yea but the DUI and the assault doesnt help

He'll plead this down & it'll be swept under the rug. The real issue is that he lost his job, it's not like he's capable of making that kind of money any other normal way.

snow1989
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Since he already was on probation for his previous infraction, a conviction on this could get him deported. So I don't see him being next in line for a job with the sabres...he may not even make reunion games.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Concussions?

rbochan
12-06-2011, 06:46 AM
"ESPN Monday dropped ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby and law enforcement authorities are raising the possibility he might be deported back to Canada..."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/reports-espn-analyst-ex-nhl-star-matthew-barnaby-dwi/1

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2011, 06:50 AM
"ESPN Monday dropped ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby and law enforcement authorities are raising the possibility he might be deported back to Canada..."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/reports-espn-analyst-ex-nhl-star-matthew-barnaby-dwi/1

this may be after he serves his time from his originally suspended sentance for the domestic violence charge.

hate to see it happen to him

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Concussions?

Why not, they seem to be the cause of everything else these days.

SkateZilla
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Moral of the story, dont drink and change tires.

Cleve
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
How stupid can a man be?

1st stupid decision - Barnaby was on thin ice from the incidents earlier this year - even if he wants to go to a bar and have a few, ride with a designated driver, or pay for a taxi. Anything to avoid possible violations of his plea bargain. But no, he just goes out and drives.

2nd stupid decision - after he already made stupid decision 1, to drive when he shouldn't have and somehow damaged the wheel of the car while driving drunk, he should have just parked it (legally), called a tow truck and friggin walked home. Or called a taxi cab. IF he'd done this, he probably could have still avoided the DWI charge. Probably most of the drama and the damage to the Porsche occurred by him trying to drive it when it shouldn't be driven.

3rd stupid decision - If you're driving DWI, you probably want to minimize the attention you might draw to yourself. But what is gonna draw more attention in an upscale suburban residential neighborhood/area than a badly damaged Porsche scrapeing and skittering on it's wheel/frame in a semi-controlled weaving fashion down the street? He might as well have set off some Roman candles from the roof while he was at it, and had 4 lit Tiki Torches burning away on all 4 corners of the vehicle - sheesh!

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Why not, they seem to be the cause of everything else these days.

I don't know, these guys are killing themselves because of it. I am not giving the guy an excuse and most of the people here are poking fun at him, but who knows what effects of his hockey career are going on with him. It is always easy to say the guy is dumb, but it might be that he is not right.

PTI
12-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Dude was on a weekend long binge from what some people I know have told me. I do it all the time, but like I said, I take cabs or just sit on my couch.

SkateZilla
12-06-2011, 09:26 PM
that's what happens when you watch the bills play