X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Oh Bumbling Buddy, you almost had me fooled

For a few weeks there I thought maybe my instincts were wrong. Maybe you really were some sort of genius. But I was right all along (unfortunately). You're 3 years into this (2 gm, 1 scout director) and the team is no better than it was when you started.

• ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Oh Bumbling Buddy, you almost had me fooled

Yeah, he busted Merriman's knee, took a crowbar to Jackson's femur, beat up Kyle Williams, made Easley smoke til he had a heart problem, told Kelsay to sit a couple weeks, et cetera et cetera...
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bf1
      For a few weeks there I thought maybe my instincts were wrong. Maybe you really were some sort of genius. But I was right all along (unfortunately). You're 3 years into this (2 gm, 1 scout director) and the team is no better than it was when you started.

im sorry but this team is much better then the last few years

we need 2 wrs

we need 2 OLBs

once we get that we have a very solid team.

fitz while not perfect is the best option we have had at qb since the 90's

the team as a whole needs more talent our first rounders from the last 5 years none are starting pre buddy i know wood is hurt

spiller is the best back on this team he will be a factor here before he ends his career as a bill

we in a major transition on D we dont have a capable OLB healthy on this roster

simple buddy needs more time

but this team is much better then it was a few years ago
      Last edited by djjimkelly; 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

You've been bashing Nix since last season, he never fooled you, thanks for the thread!

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Who is the best player Nix has added to the roster?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by EDS
            Urbik/Chandler/Nelson are all quality players so far.

I think the '11 draft class looks good so far, though I'm disappointed with the SEC duo.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by EDS

i think barnett is playing well the other LBers arent sheppard shows at times

however with sheppard you can see him thinking out there hes just not comfortable yet give him this offseason he will look great next year im sure

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                i think barnett is playing well the other LBers arent sheppard shows at times

however with sheppard you can see him thinking out there hes just not comfortable yet give him this offseason he will look great next year im sure
                So the best player he has brought in is a 30 year old free agent linebacker coming off a serious injury?

Says it all right there.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  Urbik/Chandler/Nelson are all quality players so far.

I think the '11 draft class looks good so far, though I'm disappointed with the SEC duo.
                  None of those guys are difference makers.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by EDS
                    None of those guys are difference makers.
                    The only difference makers in the NFL are primo OLBs/DE/QB, those positions affect the game more than any other, so yeah he hasn't brought in any difference makers. On occasion you'll find a once in a gen CB, but they're rare.

Larry Fitz is a difference maker at WR, but he's not much of a factor without a quality QB.

It's not what you asked in your OP though.
                    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-05-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by EDS
                      So the best player he has brought in is a 30 year old free agent linebacker coming off a serious injury?

Says it all right there.

i agree we need our best players to be not nick barnett but its a start.

we need to create a culture that promotes people to want to be here.

also we need to start taking chances on others misses maybin a total bust here is playing decent in the role jets using him in.

we need to start taking those same chances

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

The only difference makers in the NFL are primo OLBs/DE/QB, those positions affect the game more than any other, so yeah he hasn't brought in any difference makers. On occasion you'll find a once in a gen CB, but they're rare.

Larry Fitz is a difference maker at WR, but he's not much of a factor without a quality QB.

It's not what you asked in your OP though.
                        Larry Fitzgerald has almost 1000 receiving yards already this season despite horrid QB play.

Buddy has ignorned the pass rush entirely in the draft and free agency. Have to wonder, if you are moving to a new scheme that requires edge rushers, and you have none on your team, wouldn't you at least use some assets to acquire one? Or would you rest your entire success on a couple of late round picks and a guy who has not played meaningful football in 4 years?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by EDS
                          Larry Fitzgerald has almost 1000 receiving yards already this season despite horrid QB play.

Buddy has ignorned the pass rush entirely in the draft and free agency. Have to wonder, if you are moving to a new scheme that requires edge rushers, and you have none on your team, wouldn't you at least use some assets to acquire one? Or would you rest your entire success on a couple of late round picks and a guy who has not played meaningful football in 4 years?
                          Well lets look at the '10 draft with regards to pass rushers.

If we look at the first round, I see no one special besides JPP. JPP was a boom or bust guy, everyone missed on him but the Giants. Giants could afford to take the risk with Tuck/Osi already established.

Guess they could've nabbed Dunlap or Everson Griffen in the 2nd/4th, but both are 4-3 ends and both had character concerns. I still would've taken a flyer on either.

Too soon to tell with '11 but Aldon Smith is the only guy who was available @ 3 and is also playing well.

They'll hopefully address it this year. Andre Carter was really the only DE available that would've made an impact.

Some of you act like pass rushers grow on trees. I expect them to try and get one this year, but I don't really see any stud DE/OLB this year. Maybe Ingram, not an Upshaw fan.

Edit: Bruce Irvin is intriguing but his numbers have been pedestrian, though the scheme he's in is a bit ****. Guy would fly with Rex Ryan though.
                          Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                            • Jan 2010

I like Nix's 2011 draft a lot actually

Dareus
                            Williams
                            Sheppard
                            Searcy
                            Hairston

All look like good players

Justin rodgers made some good plays recently

I liked bringing in Barnett last offseason.

if we can repeat 2011 draft this year I think Nix is doing good.

His 2010 draft was bad....very bad. He also had a lot of bad luck as well with the health issues of troup and easley

I actually like Nix, other than his refusal to sign big FAs....
                            Last edited by mrbojanglezs; 12-05-2011, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Well lets look at the '10 draft with regards to pass rushers.

If we look at the first round, I see no one special besides JPP. JPP was a boom or bust guy, everyone missed on him but the Giants. Giants could afford to take the risk with Tuck/Osi already established.

Guess they could've nabbed Dunlap or Everson Griffen in the 2nd/4th, but both are 4-3 ends and both had character concerns. I still would've taken a flyer on either.

Too soon to tell with '11 but Aldon Smith is the only guy who was available @ 3 and is also playing well.

They'll hopefully address it this year. Andre Carter was really the only DE available that would've made an impact.

Some of you act like pass rushers grow on trees. I expect them to try and get one this year, but I don't really see any stud DE/OLB this year. Maybe Ingram, not an Upshaw fan.

Edit: Bruce Irvin is intriguing but his numbers have been pedestrian, though the scheme he's in is a bit ****. Guy would fly with Rex Ryan though.
                              Here are the rookies with more sacks than anyone on the Bills roster:

Von Miller - 10.5
                              Aldon Smith - 9.5
                              Ryan Kerrigan - 6.5
                              Brooks Reed - 6
                              Pernell McPhee - 6
                              Adrian Clayborn - 5.5
                              Jabaal Sheard - 5.5
                              Robert Quinn - 5
                              Sam Acho - 5
                              J.J. Watt - 4.5
                              Phil Taylor - 4
                              Karl Klug - 4

Hard to imagine the Bills could not do better then they haveas far as adding a pass rusher.

Comment

Working...
                              X