X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

McKelvin

Anyone besides me impressed with the way he's played the last few weeks? Especially after that benching. Way to not pout, McLovin!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: McKelvin

He has played better...

He definitely has the talent, but him like all of our defensive players, are just not being coached right, and once again it all comes down to that idiot Edwards.
    Last edited by Luisito23; 12-06-2011, 06:32 AM.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I was traveling, so only listened to the game on Sirius. I guess he played well at corner, but he seemed to be attrocious on punt returns. He called at least two fair catches inside the 10 (I think) and let another hit and go out on about our 2. He seems to be our new punt catcher/observer, rather than a punt returner.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I was traveling, so only listened to the game on Sirius. I guess he played well at corner, but he seemed to be attrocious on punt returns. He called at least two fair catches inside the 10 (I think) and let another hit and go out on about our 2. He seems to be our new punt catcher/observer, rather than a punt returner.
        The two he caught were at the 8 and judging by the third one he let bounce at the 5 which rolled to the 2, I think he did ok fielding the ones at 8.

These guys are taught to look at the rotation of the ball and the height if it is coming almost straight down the fair catch it, if it is like a line drive they let it go.

Also so one mentioned he got torched on a pass play that could have been intercepted. I did not see that at all he saw the ball and beat the WR to the spot, the WR had to catch him to prevent an easy pick. There could have been another one but I am not sure.

It is in our best interest that McKelvin finishes the season strong so that corner is not a high priority we need to strengthen the front 7, find another WR, and OL more than DBs.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24
          The two he caught were at the 8 and judging by the third one he let bounce at the 5 which rolled to the 2, I think he did ok fielding the ones at 8.

These guys are taught to look at the rotation of the ball and the height if it is coming almost straight down the fair catch it, if it is like a line drive they let it go.

Also so one mentioned he got torched on a pass play that could have been intercepted. I did not see that at all he saw the ball and beat the WR to the spot, the WR had to catch him to prevent an easy pick. There could have been another one but I am not sure.

It is in our best interest that McKelvin finishes the season strong so that corner is not a high priority we need to strengthen the front 7, find another WR, and OL more than DBs.
          Regardless of how Mckelvin does, we still need a top CB.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i wasn't really imprssed with him. before we kill spiller, we have another first round bust in mckelvin. he can't cover the long ball, never times his jumps well and for the most part isn't effective as a top pick CB.

Great that he plays special teams, but he only got in due to an injury to williams who by the way is looking like all the non busts the bills get. injury prone.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Better than fumbling.. slightly.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

He an outstanding athlete, has good size and can run.

Two big problems, he is dumb and more importantly he has terrible football instincts.

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

He was a beast on special teams 2 weeks ago until he injured his ribs. He played well in relief of Williams. Maybe getting benched lit a fire.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

He's average at best! Not what we expected drafting him in Round 1...another sweet frickin pick by the OBD braintrust...
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                    X