PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin

casdhf
12-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Anyone besides me impressed with the way he's played the last few weeks? Especially after that benching. Way to not pout, McLovin!

Luisito23
12-06-2011, 06:31 AM
He has played better...

He definitely has the talent, but him like all of our defensive players, are just not being coached right, and once again it all comes down to that idiot Edwards.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2011, 06:34 AM
I was traveling, so only listened to the game on Sirius. I guess he played well at corner, but he seemed to be attrocious on punt returns. He called at least two fair catches inside the 10 (I think) and let another hit and go out on about our 2. He seems to be our new punt catcher/observer, rather than a punt returner.

DesertFox24
12-06-2011, 07:04 AM
I was traveling, so only listened to the game on Sirius. I guess he played well at corner, but he seemed to be attrocious on punt returns. He called at least two fair catches inside the 10 (I think) and let another hit and go out on about our 2. He seems to be our new punt catcher/observer, rather than a punt returner.

The two he caught were at the 8 and judging by the third one he let bounce at the 5 which rolled to the 2, I think he did ok fielding the ones at 8.

These guys are taught to look at the rotation of the ball and the height if it is coming almost straight down the fair catch it, if it is like a line drive they let it go.

Also so one mentioned he got torched on a pass play that could have been intercepted. I did not see that at all he saw the ball and beat the WR to the spot, the WR had to catch him to prevent an easy pick. There could have been another one but I am not sure.

It is in our best interest that McKelvin finishes the season strong so that corner is not a high priority we need to strengthen the front 7, find another WR, and OL more than DBs.

jamze132
12-06-2011, 08:14 AM
The two he caught were at the 8 and judging by the third one he let bounce at the 5 which rolled to the 2, I think he did ok fielding the ones at 8.

These guys are taught to look at the rotation of the ball and the height if it is coming almost straight down the fair catch it, if it is like a line drive they let it go.

Also so one mentioned he got torched on a pass play that could have been intercepted. I did not see that at all he saw the ball and beat the WR to the spot, the WR had to catch him to prevent an easy pick. There could have been another one but I am not sure.

It is in our best interest that McKelvin finishes the season strong so that corner is not a high priority we need to strengthen the front 7, find another WR, and OL more than DBs.
Regardless of how Mckelvin does, we still need a top CB.

trapezeus
12-06-2011, 08:28 AM
i wasn't really imprssed with him. before we kill spiller, we have another first round bust in mckelvin. he can't cover the long ball, never times his jumps well and for the most part isn't effective as a top pick CB.

Great that he plays special teams, but he only got in due to an injury to williams who by the way is looking like all the non busts the bills get. injury prone.

Oaf
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Better than fumbling.. slightly.

k-oneputt
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM
He an outstanding athlete, has good size and can run.

Two big problems, he is dumb and more importantly he has terrible football instincts.

zone
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
He was a beast on special teams 2 weeks ago until he injured his ribs. He played well in relief of Williams. Maybe getting benched lit a fire.

jpdex12
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
He's average at best! Not what we expected drafting him in Round 1...another sweet frickin pick by the OBD braintrust...