• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

I think Johnson is gone...whether we want him or not

Of course, this is my opinion only. After listening to his 4pm with the Bulldog on WGR yesterday I think he is going to decide not to resign. I don't think he wants to be here, I think he feels victimized by the fans and media and he just doesn't seem to grasp the signifigance of the penalty and the drops. He just sounds like a guy who will run for the bus to someplace hoping the grass is greener. I hope I am wrong, but that is my gut feeling.

Of course, we could use the franchise tag, but that seems like just way too much for Stevie. Thoughts?
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: I think Johnson is gone...whether we want him or not

I don't know why he'd feel victimized by Buffalo. It's the national media that's been killing him.

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ed
      I don't know why he'd feel victimized by Buffalo. It's the national media that's been killing him.
      infact most of the local media has been supporting him, with exception of sullivan, but he doesnt support anyone not named george wilson
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

if what the original poster says is true, johnson couldn't handle playing on any team other than buffalo. The spot light of drops will be harder in a town that gets a reaction from the national media. buffalo doesn't.

i get the feeling that johnson wants to be here and will sign at a reasonable contract. if the bills let him go for nothing, i am giving up.

he's good enough to be on the team. he's a quality receiver. why the bills seem intent to follow this "must be the ebst or we'll look again" methodology is precisely why they suck so much.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Coach Sal will tell you that players don't get affected by fan reactions.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Yeah well, I feel victimized by Johnson every time he fails to make a big play.

So, suck it up because the feeling goes both ways.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G Wolly
              • Mar 2004

If he can't handle "victimizing" or heavy criticism for the choices and mistakes he makes, he should leave the league, not Buffalo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Victimized? If he played for the giants he would have been neutered.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mski
                  infact most of the local media has been supporting him, with exception of sullivan, but he doesnt support anyone not named george wilson
                  I don't live in Buffalo, so I can't really comment on what the vibe is locally, but I feel like Stevie's rep nationally is based mostly on negative things like the celebration penalties/fines and the drops, fair or not.

He's not exactly putting up huge numbers this year, so I would expect fans of another team to not exactly be jumping for joy if they sign Stevie to a mega deal. They'll be way more critical and harder on him then anyone.

I really hope we re-sign Stevie. Losing him would just put another huge hole at an important position. We're never going to see improvement if we can't keep the few good players we have.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed

I really hope we re-sign Stevie. Losing him would just put another huge hole at an important position. We're never going to see improvement if we can't keep the few good players we have.
                    That argument goes both ways though. How are we supposed to get better by re-signing the same players? We could do worse than Stevie, but we could also do better.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                      He has killed himself with the TD drop against Pittsburgh, the stupid TD celebrations, including the mindless one against the Jets, and then the key drop in the same game.

He is not worth top WR money or the franchise tag. He is basically an idiot with very inconsistent hands and average speed.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

I was listening to him. He sounded like a spoiled little ***** crying because people make fun of him. Grow the **** up Steve.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          That argument goes both ways though. How are we supposed to get better by re-signing the same players? We could do worse than Stevie, but we could also do better.
                          We are into the perennial arguments of whether free agents want to come to Buffalo and whether or not the organization is willing to pay the $. I am dubious of the organization's ability and desire to obtain FAs.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

My thoughts are the Bills should sign him if they can sign him. Letting him walk would be a bad move by this organization. This team is already in trouble at that position. The problem with this team is that there is Stevie Johnson and then everyone else as far as receivers go. We already have a great slot receiver in Nelson, so why not sign S. Johnson, and bring in another receiver who is just as good, or better? That makes more sense to me than to just let him walk because he dropped a pass, or likes to celebrate touchdowns. JMO

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              Victimized? If he played for the giants he would have been neutered.
                              Beat me to it.

He goes to any other team in the NFL and it's immediately a bigger market. He heads to any NFC East team, he's doomed. He heads to Pittsburgh and makes 1 drop? Can you imagine the signs the NFC North could make? Done. He heads to another AFC East team? We will tear him to shreds.

I can think of very few safe teams where he wouldn't be 'victimized'. His safest bet is to go hide in the AFC South and be a #2 or #3 receiver.

WOW, in doing this little rant, I just realized how pedestrian of a receiver he is. Sure he has value and hands, but it's become very sad that being the Bills #1 receiver isn't a huge deal.

Man... I miss Moulds, Price, et cetera...
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X