PDA

View Full Version : Responsibility vs Excuses

Mike
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
From experience I have learner to take 100% responsibility for my life. In turn, I place similar level of reponsibiliy upon others. Now, most people I have noticed, are the opposite. They rely on excuses. They feel that external circumstances dictate internal possibilities. They believe that they are limited by the outside world, and that doing great is hard. They believe that the odds are stacked against them, etc....

I think this is why I see so many Bills apologist. So many homers that even after 10yrs obviously its everyone else's fault that the bills suck.... and their lives.

Let me know what you think!

Mike
12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
If you believe in excuses you should stop being a fan. Obviously they don't have a chance unless the stars align! they need to get lucky or have enough time passes that they win on the basis of the law of averages.

Pinkerton Security
12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
You are responsible... for making a crappy thread.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-07-2011, 07:42 AM
The NFL is not life. Life does not have a mission of parity.

However, I can say this: in every life, your status depends on both internal fortitude and external factors. You can't succeed in life, no matter what you do or how hard you do it, if the world already has enough of what you want to be. Not everybody in life can succeed. You can either settle for mediocrity and be happy with your lot in life, or tilt at windmills and never get anywhere. The world needs a low-end workforce, too. Hence why we had slavery all those years, why we hire Mexican labor at dirt wages, etc. It's not a pleasant reality, but it's necessary. Not everyone can be a CEO. Nobody wants to be a grocery store clerk, burger flipper, fruit picker, or lady who wipes an old man's butt, but we still need people willing to do that and do it cheap.

Likewise, the NFL needs doormats. The difference is that with the Bills, there's a realistic "suicide option:" the fans can reject the team and force them to move, provided somebody else will take them (and there are groups so desperate for a team in LA that it's seriously possible).

better days
12-07-2011, 08:09 AM
From experience I have learner to take 100% responsibility for my life. In turn, I place similar level of reponsibiliy upon others. Now, most people I have noticed, are the opposite. They rely on excuses. They feel that external circumstances dictate internal possibilities. They believe that they are limited by the outside world, and that doing great is hard. They believe that the odds are stacked against them, etc....

I think this is why I see so many Bills apologist. So many homers that even after 10yrs obviously its everyone else's fault that the bills suck.... and their lives.

Let me know what you think!

Well, you said you learner (learned) to take 100% responsibility for your life. You did not say others placed that responsibility upon you.

Everyone has to learn to take responsibility for their own actions. It is not up to you to place a similar level of responsibility upon others.

Albany,n.y.
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM
The Bills are 100% responsible for their failure since they refuse to sit their current players and let some fans play instead.

The last buffalo fan
12-07-2011, 12:10 PM

However, I can say this: in every life, your status depends on both internal fortitude and external factors. You can't succeed in life, no matter what you do or how hard you do it, if the world already has enough of what you want to be. Not everybody in life can succeed. You can either settle for mediocrity and be happy with your lot in life, or tilt at windmills and never get anywhere. The world needs a low-end workforce, too. Hence why we had slavery all those years, why we hire Mexican labor at dirt wages, etc. It's not a pleasant reality, but it's necessary. Not everyone can be a CEO. Nobody wants to be a grocery store clerk, burger flipper, fruit picker, or lady who wipes an old man's butt, but we still need people willing to do that and do it cheap.

Likewise, the NFL needs doormats. The difference is that with the Bills, there's a realistic "suicide option:" the fans can reject the team and force them to move, provided somebody else will take them (and there are groups so desperate for a team in LA that it's seriously possible).

Only Mexicans? My ass! As you may know, there are Mexicans CEO's too. :mex:

Oh, and the Bills are responsible for sucking.

Mike
12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Everyone has to learn to take responsibility for their own actions. It is not up to you to place a similar level of responsibility upon others.

I don't care about placing responsibility on others. Responsibility is a funny thing. Once you are ready for it, life will give you all you can handle. If you can not hadle it, the responsibility will go to someone who can. Conversely, the irresponsible party will miss out on all the positive aspects of responsibility: opportunity, growth, athonomy, power & control, etc...

Mike
12-07-2011, 07:26 PM

There is no doubt that circumstances play a role & influence the majority. That being said, that does not mean that you individually have to succum to your past. The role your past has on you, depends on you! So every ghetto produces the worst in society and also sometimes the best. A human being has enormous potential, too bad the majority of us have no idea how to tap into this well.

better days
12-08-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't care about placing responsibility on others. Responsibility is a funny thing. Once you are ready for it, life will give you all you can handle. If you can not hadle it, the responsibility will go to someone who can. Conversely, the irresponsible party will miss out on all the positive aspects of responsibility: opportunity, growth, athonomy, power & control, etc...

Well, in your origional post you say you do place responsibility on others. People learn responsibility at different rates. Some faster than others.

This Bills team has many young guys that are not yet mature. How old were you when you learned to be responsible?

PromoTheRobot
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Excuses/Responsibility = Same outcome.

PTR