PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen succession plan fails.

Oaf
12-07-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824d50b0/article/harrell-sees-future-in-green-bay-wont-shuffle-off-to-buffalo

QB picks GB over Buff. No surprise, and no real reason to be bothered by it, but for some inner reason, it does.

Ed
12-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Whatever.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
More room for Levi Brown.

more cowbell
12-07-2011, 09:51 PM
were seriously upset the bills didn't sign Graham Harrell?

seriously????

jimbohastle51
12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
i have said before do not be surprised if the bills take a QB in the 1st round this year. if griffin comes out he will be enticing for the bills also if barkley were to fall a bit. could be interesting!

BertSquirtgum
12-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I think the Bills know Fitzputrid isn't the guy to take the team to the Super Bowl.

OpIv37
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824d50b0/article/harrell-sees-future-in-green-bay-wont-shuffle-off-to-buffalo

QB picks GB over Buff. No surprise, and no real reason to be bothered by it, but for some inner reason, it does.

It's practicality.

Think of it this way: Blackberry makes you a job offer. Apple makes you the same job offer. Which one do you take?

madness
12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
It's practicality.

Think of it this way: Blackberry makes you a job offer. Apple makes you the same job offer. Which one do you take?
I think we're more like Palm.

Extremebillsfan247
12-08-2011, 12:45 AM
This team is working on its 7th straight losing season, while Green Bay is working on their 4th winning, and postseason in their last 7 years with a Superbowl ring, and being well on their way to being primed for a 2nd. Who would you rather play for if you were not a Bills fan, and faced with Harrell's decision? lol

Jan Reimers
12-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Well, now we're doomed.

Joe Fo Sho
12-08-2011, 06:36 AM

We're not at all like Palm, webOS is too good of an operating system to be compared to the Bills. I would take the Pre 3 over any phone out right now.Plus HP doesn't know where it's future lies, so it's kinda like the Jags.

We're like the old Zach Morris phones...pretty sweet in the 90's, but worthless for the past 15 years.

T-Long
12-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Does anyone know when that date is that the Bills have to cut Fitzpatrick before his contract really kicks in? I think they will keep him, but it's going to be very interesting if they don't get things back on track the next four games.

Stewie
12-08-2011, 08:22 AM
This team is working on its 7th straight losing season, while Green Bay is working on their 4th winning, and postseason in their last 7 years with a Superbowl ring, and being well on their way to being primed for a 2nd. Who would you rather play for if you were not a Bills fan, and faced with Harrell's decision? lol

Personally, I'd rather go where I have the best chance to play. That would be Buffalo.

trapezeus
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM

i was thinking more like Rolodex vs apple.

stuckincincy
12-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Personally, I'd rather go where I have the best chance to play. That would be Buffalo.

Indeed.

There are but 53 spots per club, times 32 teams = 1,696 jobs.

The NFL pays very well.

No doubt, there are a number of players already rolling in it, that take an attitude. The vast majority don't give a rat's patoot about what team forks over the piles of Benjamins - only that they get it.

But yes - the big-fish-small pond effect is there. Getting a starting gig in BUF, with the $ and the incentives, is better than being a medium fish in a larger pond.

ddaryl
12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know when that date is that the Bills have to cut Fitzpatrick before his contract really kicks in? I think they will keep him, but it's going to be very interesting if they don't get things back on track the next four games.

Fitz is not going anywhere for any reason in the short term.

He is the typical middle of the road QB that 1/2 of teams in the NFL wish they had.

His deal is essentially a 3 year deal and Fitz would make a decent mentor for groom-able QB to be drafted.

i would like to see the bills make a bold move for one of the QB in the 2012 draft, as there looks to be a few that deserve consideration.

madness
12-08-2011, 09:56 AM
We're not at all like Palm, webOS is too good of an operating system to be compared to the Bills. I would take the Pre 3 over any phone out right now.Plus HP doesn't know where it's future lies, so it's kinda like the Jags.

We're like the old Zach Morris phones...pretty sweet in the 90's, but worthless for the past 15 years.

WebOS is "only mostly dead" unless HP sells it. May be a product that can compete with the big boys and shows a lot of potential but the front office (HP) doesn't have a clue what to do with it. Sound familiar?

Figster
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Someones doing their homework,

Graham Harrell is the closest thing to Tom Brady that you will ever find in my opinion. ( Even looks like Brady's little Brother)

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Harrell is tearing up the National Football League.:laughing:

RedEyE
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Well, he has a better chance of obtaining a ring with the Packers.

But, if he was truley a competitor, he would have seized the best opportunity at a starting position. His chances of ever officially starting a whole season in Green Bay are slim to none.

DraftBoy
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Graham Harrell is the closest thing to Tom Brady that you will ever find in my opinion. ( Even looks like Brady's little Brother)

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Harrell is tearing up the National Football League.:laughing:

What?

Joe Fo Sho
12-08-2011, 11:14 AM
WebOS is "only mostly dead" unless HP sells it. May be a product that can compete with the big boys and shows a lot of potential but the front office (HP) doesn't have a clue what to do with it. Sound familiar?

Yeah, I guess from an incompetent management standpoint I see what you meant. I just have this undying affection for webOS...which I guess is another Bills comparison, ha.

Figster
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
What?

hehe, thats right, I said it,(posted it) you heard it here 1st DraftBoy

Buddy Nix knows theres something special about Graham Harrell...

stuckincincy
12-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, he has a better chance of obtaining a ring with the Packers.

But, if he was truley a competitor, he would have seized the best opportunity at a starting position. His chances of ever officially starting a whole season in Green Bay are slim to none.

Getting a ring is marketable. A speaking fee enhancement. Numerous ex-NLF players earn decent $ on the lecture circuit, or get hired by companies as a "sales representative" or some such. Or get a nice 80K+ public school high school coaching gig, never worry about getting canned regardless of performance thanks to civil service and union protection, retire after 20 or 30 years with complete free benefits and fat retirement checks peeled off the hides of the taxpayers. Here in Cinci, two ex-players lie comfortably in that well-feathered bed.

Got a ring? Speak fairly well? - if not, you can hire folks who teach you how to do so. Teach you the social graces.

When I worked in the auto manufacturing biz, I met a ex-NHL Detroit player (Nick Libettt), who was a glad-hander for a supplier that marketed one of the process materials I dealt with. There were others, but I forget their names.

Nick was an ok guy, btw.

justasportsfan
12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
He supposedly put up HUUUGE nos. running the spread attack at Texas. N wonder why Chan wants him.

justasportsfan
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
wow. nice college nos.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=39527

Philagape
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM

Has there ever been a QB you didn't think was a future Hall-of-Famer?

Historian
12-08-2011, 01:17 PM

The Bills are the 386's of the NFL.

Slow, and not much memory.

They take at least two quarters to boot up too.

Figster
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Has there ever been a QB you didn't think was a future Hall-of-Famer?

Really? One QB in TE that I had very high expectations, (never said HOF)

How about you or better days show me one post where I predicted anyone as a future HOF QB,

I predicted Cam Newton was going to hit the ground running in the NFL back when everyone said he would never even make it in the National Football League,

How is that prediction working out so far?

stuckincincy
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Really? One QB in TE that I had very high expectations, (never said HOF)

How about you or better days show me one post where I predicted anyone as a future HOF QB,

I predicted Cam Newton was going to hit the ground running in the NFL back when everyone said he would never even make it in the National Football League,

How is that prediction working out so far?

1) CAR plays a fairly soft schedule, befitting their lousy 2010 record and so snagging the #1 pick.

2) Cammie is a media darling, and woe to the club that dares to break him into bite-side pieces as he cavorts along on his jaunts.