PDA

View Full Version : How the mighty have fallen....

HAMMER
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
NFL players ranked the most intimidating fans and Buffalo doesn't even make the top 15? What happened to RWS being a house of horror for opposing teams? Ranked behind all these painted fruitcakes in costumes? This is sad, I am ashamed.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1112/nfl.players.poll.toughest.fans/content.15.html

zone
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Oakland is a joke to be on that list, there fans may been intimidating (my life was threatened multiple times while there) there is only a couple hundred of them. We went to the home opener there a few years back and were able to walk up to the ticket office and buy ticket 3 rows up on the 50 yard line.

While teams once feared having to come into Rich stadium those days are long gone and the road to the Super Bowl was paved over with the new Ralph :puke: .

But the fact that the fan support has remained strong through 10 years of heartache and disappointment should not be overlooked. I have heard the stadium rocking more than a few times over this miserable decade.

THRILLHO
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Kind of hard to be intimidating when you keep losing for 11 years...

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I feel like that list is crap.

The stadium was as rocking as ever early on BUT 11 years of **** is wearing us down.

don137
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Funny thing is dome stadiums like Indy and Minnesota are on that list. I think playing in a dome helps them because I do not see them as intimidating especially Indy.
Hard to be intimidating when down by 20.

BillsFever21
12-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Some have to quit looking at the past. The players are voting on the stadium of the present and recent past and not stadiums from 15-20 when they were not even playing.

The truth is over the past decade and especially the past several years or so the stadium has been a joke and is far from one of the top stadiums in the NFL. All the blackouts is all the proof that you need.

HAMMER
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Some have to quit looking at the past. The players are voting on the stadium of the present and recent past and not stadiums from 15-20 when they were not even playing.

The truth is over the past decade and especially the past several years or so the stadium has been a joke and is far from one of the top stadiums in the NFL. All the blackouts is all the proof that you need.

Hence the thread title.

Scumbag College
12-07-2011, 08:59 PM
There hasn't been a whole lot to go to the Ralph and get loud about the past 10+ years. My family had season tickets through most of the 90s but going and watching the game now is different. It's still fun, but now it's more tailgating and watching drunken brawls in the stadium than watching a competitive, winning team. I used to go to the games in the 90s and my throat would be sore til Tuesday from all of the yelling, but the few games I have gone to the last few years is just to more people watch.

BillsFever21
12-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Hence the thread title.

I was referring to a few posts that were saying it was a joke for us to be listed so low mainly based off the previous state of the difficulty in playing in Buffalo.

Jaydog57
12-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Surprised that Seahawks fans made it on the list. They have one of the loudest stadiums in the country because of the design, but their fans don't come off as intimidating to me.

more cowbell
12-07-2011, 09:50 PM
lol the chargers fans are on here?

they don't even have fans...every single game at that pile of crap stadium is 80 percent the other teams fans

PromoTheRobot
12-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Half-empty stadiums in December.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2011, 01:40 AM
That ranking is a joke. How the **** are the Chargers on there and not the Bills. Imagine how loud 70,000 of us would be in a dome during a sunday or monday night game. It would be insane.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2011, 06:37 AM
That ranking is a joke. How the **** are the Chargers on there and not the Bills. Imagine how loud 70,000 of us would be in a dome during a sunday or monday night game. It would be insane.

Any new stadium ideas in Buffalo should include a dome. Most fans want to stay warm.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Any new stadium ideas in Buffalo should include a dome. Most fans want to stay warm.
I'm beginning to agree with you, TD. I have always been that tough, open air, sit and cheer in the rain and snow guy. But now that I live full time in warm and sunny South Florida, and watch Bills' games from the bar at Duffy's (or in the warmth of the Dolphin's stadium) I have to stop being that macho hypocrite.

SabreEleven
12-08-2011, 07:40 AM
NFL players ranked the most intimidating fans and Buffalo doesn't even make the top 15? What happened to RWS being a house of horror for opposing teams? Ranked behind all these painted fruitcakes in costumes? This is sad, I am ashamed.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1112/nfl.players.poll.toughest.fans/content.15.html

Ralph Wilson should be ashamed.

better days
12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Half-empty stadiums in December.

PTR

The Bills may not sell out in December, but the Stadium will be more than half full. Meanwhile, Cinci is blacked out this Sunday & the Chargers will also unless somebody buys the remaining tickets.

DolfanTom
12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
As a Dolphins fan who has attended 10 Bills-Dolphins games spanning since 1987, I can assure you your place used to be hellish on opposing teams and their fans. Back in the late 80s, early 90s, it was the loudest place on earth IMO.

The last few times I've been there (regularly since '07), the fans have been very friendly to me, beyond the random "F___ Miami" here and there. Not even remotely the same thing.

Obviously, all the losses have something to do w/ it. Back when you were SuperBowl contenders, Buffalo was a scary place for opposing teams. Losing will do that to you. Look at K.C., it's not the same anymore either. And look at Miami's pathetic fan base now after nearly a decade of poor-to-mediocre play. Our stadium is half-filled these days.

Point is, I wouldn't think too much of this survey. Once you guys are winning again, I'm certain the Ralph will be like the old days. I wasn't there for the Pats game earlier this year, but my brother-in-law was and he said it was the best crowd he'd seen since he started buying season tix in '06.

DolfanTom
12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
The Bills may not sell out in December, but the Stadium will be more than half full. Meanwhile, Cinci is blacked out this Sunday & the Chargers will also unless somebody buys the remaining tickets.
Lots of good seats left for the Dolphins game (which is also a reflection on the Dolphins 4-8 record). I found $55 face value tix (the same that were being sold for that on Ticketmaster) on StuHub for $34!

That's alright. Even though the Dolphins will "sell out" this Sunday, only about 55% of the stadium will be full ...

ddaryl
12-08-2011, 10:03 AM
you have to have a team that wins consistently for a period of time to have a place where other teams fear coming to.

justasportsfan
12-08-2011, 11:58 AM
the chargers fans? Seriously? All 10 of them are intimidating?

Historian
12-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Gotta agree with Philly though.

They throw snowballs at Santa Claus.

SABURZFAN
12-08-2011, 03:40 PM

they must be reading Buffalo Bills message boards to come to this conclusion.