PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking like a Bills Front Office guy

trapezeus
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Here is what I am channelling seeing that we are pretty much down to talking about next year's offseason. Do i have this right?

My best attempt to be a member of the Bills front Office:

what this team really needs with it's first round pick is a 3rd down back who can return a kick or two. That is priority A for this team. Priority B, if we can find an undersized Defensive player and use our talented coaches to put him in a position to succeed, most likely in a position that he isn't familiar with, then we have to jump on the guy.

Imagine getting a high priced running back and a white linebacker from a small school with a truly forgettable name like Danny Adams or Adam Denis! He will be wearing a forgettable number like 49 struggling to keep up with TE's in a division with 3 very good TEs. Man, this team is just so close.

Then we hit the free agency market. Perferabbly a guy who likes to party. We want to show people that Buffalo is a vibrant town. Get some good shots of the city on a C-tier cable channel. Maybe throw in a mayor shot. Give that player an inflated contract, show the nfl that this team isn't a bunch of cheap skates. Then, find a couple guys who are back ups on bad teams, offer them a starting gig at meaningless positions like QB, LT, OLB and CB. Then we are really pushing for a championship.

Before i go any further, l have to get back to renewing this toronto series that has proved to be successful for the city of buffalo, toronto, the fans of the Bills. I'm just sorry that our great owner had to sacrifice by accepting $78MM in cash. I don't know how he'll feel about getting that again.

How'd I do? Miss anything?

BADTHINGSMAN
12-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Sounds about right Mr. Nix, well done.

SABURZFAN
12-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Here is what I am channelling seeing that we are pretty much down to talking about next year's offseason. Do i have this right?

what this team really needs with it's first round pick is a 3rd down back who can return a kick or two. That is priority A for this team. Priority B, if we can find an undersized Defensive player and use our talented coaches to put him in a position to succeed, most likely in a position that he isn't familiar with, then we have to jump on the guy.

Imagine getting a high priced running back and a white linebacker from a small school with a truly forgettable name like Danny Adams or Adam Denis! He will be wearing a forgettable number like 49 struggling to keep up with TE's in a division with 3 very good TEs. Man, this team is just so close.

Then we hit the free agency market. Perferabbly a guy who likes to party. We want to show people that Buffalo is a vibrant town. Get some good shots of the city on a C-tier cable channel. Maybe throw in a mayor shot. Give that player an inflated contract, show the nfl that this team isn't a bunch of cheap skates. Then, find a couple guys who are back ups on bad teams, offer them a starting gig at meaningless positions like QB, LT, OLB and CB. Then we are really pushing for a championship.

Before i go any further, l have to get back to renewing this toronto series that has proved to be successful for the city of buffalo, toronto, the fans of the Bills. I'm just sorry that our great owner had to sacrifice by accepting $78MM in cash. I don't know how he'll feel about getting that again.

that was terrible. that 1st rounder needs to be utilized to replace Moorman or Lindell. THAT'S how you think like a Bills front office guy.

trapezeus
12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
hmmm, my front office hat is telling me that i really shouldn't worry about our special teams. it's only age and injuries that effect their performance thus far. i think we can milk them for another 5 years.

Jan Reimers
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
The Bills' front office guys can think?

Lone Stranger
12-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I think another priority would be to pick up a 320 lb. DL and convert him to an outside linebacker and teach him how to pick up backs coming out of the backfield. And maybe a CB who can run a 5.0 forty and convert him to a lnebacker also, or maybe, a safety. Real challenges for our staff.

zone
12-08-2011, 07:45 PM
What I have seen from Spiller this year is not a 3rd down back that can return a kick or 2. He is avg 4.7 yards a carry which would be much higher if his 50 yard TD run didn't get taken away on a bogus holding call last week. Not to mention playing wide receiver and having 20+ catches.

The more CJ touches the ball, the more people will see what he is really all about.

jamze132
12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
I think we need to convert Andy Levitre to DT. He mastered the O-line already, why not give him a shot on defense?

YardRat
12-09-2011, 05:31 AM
What I have seen from Spiller this year is not a 3rd down back that can return a kick or 2. He is avg 4.7 yards a carry which would be much higher if his 50 yard TD run didn't get taken away on a bogus holding call last week. Not to mention playing wide receiver and having 20+ catches.

The more CJ touches the ball, the more people will see what he is really all about.

Who said Buddy didn't post here?

Night Train
12-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Here is what I am channelling

If you are a true Bills Front Office Guy, you are channeling the guy other teams would never pick in that given round of the draft.

OpIv37
12-09-2011, 07:56 AM

You did forget one thing: the best player on the team is either a FA or wants a new contract, and you have to let him walk or trade him because he is asking for the market rate for a star player at his respective position. When the fans complain, remind them that the player wanted too much money and it would hurt the rest of the team.

Then, sign another team's back-up or a UDFA as his replacement and pocket the savings rather than using it to sign/extend someone else.

Remember, this FO spent the last 10 years brainwashing the fans to think that paying players is ALWAYS bad for a reason!

trapezeus
12-09-2011, 08:37 AM
my goal as BB FO is to be able to field a ST unit entirely made up of kick returners. WE've got 4 right now. There are seven more to fill and oddly enough 7 draft rounds. Ooooo, daddy's going to be happy in april!

OP, you were kind of right. I will get into a pissing battle over money with someone like Stevie Johnson. how dare he ask for $7MM a year. We will let him go. We will get ruvell Martin's third cousin for $7.2MM half way into 2012. Stevie johnson will be upping his production, RM's cousin will be IR'd by week 10.

Bill Cody
12-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Sarcasm is so awesome

Thurmal
12-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Also, you need to come up with a offseason gimmick to sell tickets, a la signing Terrell Owens or changing uniforms.

RedEyE
12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
And nothing like a a good uniform change to boost revenue when merchandise sales start to dwindle.

trapezeus
12-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Sarcasm is so awesome

is this sarcastic?

bf1
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the Zone Bumbling Buddy Nix! :wave:

SabreEleven
12-09-2011, 06:57 PM
What about signing the washed up veteran who was a pro bowler 5 years ago?