PDA

View Full Version : Hey Op

YardRat
12-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Pomminville buried a breakaway...OT game winner to boot...

:huh:

SabreEleven
12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
He is going to ***** about Sabres giving up a point to the Panthers.

OpIv37
12-10-2011, 10:17 PM
It happens once in a while. Don't worry though- Roy has taken Pommers' place as the underperforming "star."

And we should ALWAYS be upset about giving up the extra point to another conf opponent, especially at home against a poor team like Florida. Those extra points can make a big difference come playoff time.

Skooby
12-11-2011, 08:15 AM
We wet the bed last night, so there goes that idea.

YardRat
12-11-2011, 08:25 AM
It happens once in a while. Don't worry though- Roy has taken Pommers' place as the underperforming "star."

And we should ALWAYS be upset about giving up the extra point to another conf opponent, especially at home against a poor team like Florida. Those extra points can make a big difference come playoff time.

I was just happy, and surprised, to see him finish.

Florida's the three seed at the moment, leading their division though....and don't sweat the small stuff during what amounts to an 84 game preseason. As long as we make the playoffs, everything changes once the games start to mean something.

OpIv37
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I was just happy, and surprised, to see him finish.

Florida's the three seed at the moment, leading their division though....and don't sweat the small stuff during what amounts to an 84 game preseason. As long as we make the playoffs, everything changes once the games start to mean something.

The problem is that what seems like small stuff now may turn out to be big stuff. Those extra points could affect playoff positioning, or with the way this team is playing, if we even make the playoffs at all.

I'm glad Pommers buried it and I'm glad we got the two points, but it's not the optimal outcome

I will give you this though: at the moment, giving up 1 point to FL is the least of this team's problems.

YardRat
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't think positioning means anything in the NHL anymore. An 8 seed has just as good of a chance to advance as a one, as long as they are relatively healthy and built for playoff-style hockey. Which, healthy remains to be seen, and unless a bunch of guys have their balls drop between now and then the latter we are not.

SabreEleven
12-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't think positioning means anything in the NHL anymore. An 8 seed has just as good of a chance to advance as a one, as long as they are relatively healthy and built for playoff-style hockey. Which, healthy remains to be seen, and unless a bunch of guys have their balls drop between now and then the latter we are not.

They aren't even close to a playoff-style hockey team. The only reason they took the Flyers to game 7 last season is because of crappy goaltending...Sabres will get undressed by another team this playoffs.

G Wolly
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Sabres will get undressed by another team this playoffs.

Getting ahead of ourselves aren't we?

SabreEleven
12-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Getting ahead of ourselves aren't we?

Nope. Sabres aren't built for the playoffs. Tenacity and toughness go up ten fold during the playoffs. Sabres can't forecheck and can't handle the forecheck and they'll get forecheck out of the playoffs UNLESS they make a major trade. Sabres, especially the core, doesn't have the toughness to win during the playoffs.

G Wolly
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Nope. Sabres aren't built for the playoffs. Tenacity and toughness go up ten fold during the playoffs. Sabres can't forecheck and can't handle the forecheck and they'll get forecheck out of the playoffs UNLESS they make a major trade. Sabres, especially the core, doesn't have the toughness to win during the playoffs.

That was my point. My reply was in regards to already counting us in to make the playoffs.

If we don't change something ASAP it's gonna be a long summer.