PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffen 111

Novacane
12-10-2011, 08:40 PM
If we lose out would we have any chance of getting him? I love this kid!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2011, 08:45 PM
nahhh.... he'll never make it in the nfl
he'll be a complete bust

Yeah! This kid is awesome! We need to do what ever we can
to get him in the draft!

Pick your argument cause until April thats all we're going to hear around here

Novacane
12-10-2011, 08:54 PM
nahhh.... he'll never make it in the nfl
he'll be a complete bust

Yeah! This kid is awesome! We need to do what ever we can
to get him in the draft!

Pick your argument cause until April thats all we're going to hear around here

LOL. No kidding. I would not say do whatever we can to draft him. I would say take him if he was sitting there when we pick.

Ginger Vitis
12-10-2011, 08:59 PM
If we lose out would we have any chance of getting him? I love this kid!

Over the next month start hoping all current 4 and 5 win teams win at least 2 games each.. The Bills would pick 5th under this scenario..Pray no body behind the Bills trades up in front the the Bills 5th pick to take Robert Griffen III

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Over the next month start hoping all current 4 and 5 win teams win at least 2 games each.. The Bills would pick 5th under this scenario..Pray no body behind the Bills trades up in front the the Bills 5th pick to take Robert Griffen III
well thats not completly true... some of those teams have just drafted QBs so they will not be in the market for another

better days
12-10-2011, 09:55 PM
well thats not completly true... some of those teams have just drafted QBs so they will not be in the market for another

Any team with a HIGH pick that does not need a QB will probably have teams that NEED a QB & are drafting lower calling them about a trade.

BertSquirtgum
12-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Bills won't be lucky enough to suck bad enough to get in a position to draft this guy. Somehow I feel like they will win two more games and screw up my dream of drafting a good quarterback.

Extremebillsfan247
12-11-2011, 06:34 AM
If the Bills front office starts feeding us lines in the offseason about how good Fitzpatrick is, he's our guy, etc., forget about QB in next years draft. It most likely wont happen, even in the later rounds. JMO

ddaryl
12-11-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm all for moving up if needed. I think a solid prospect would do well under Fitz and Gailey's tutelage

TacklingDummy
12-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Barkley, Griffin and Luck will all be in the top 6 if they all come out.
Let's hope the Bills lose out and a couple of teams win.

Beating NE for the first time in so long may have hurt the Bills chances in the future. Hooray for meaningless wins.

YardRat
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't think they'll go QB in the first round, even if Barkley and RGIII are there for the taking.

tampabay25690
12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't think they'll go QB in the first round, even if Barkley and RGIII are there for the taking.

I disagree with that 100%

hemi13
12-11-2011, 10:59 AM
If the Bills front office starts feeding us lines in the offseason about how good Fitzpatrick is, he's our guy, etc., forget about QB in next years draft. It most likely wont happen, even in the later rounds. JMO

I agree completely !!!

YardRat
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I disagree with that 100%

I disagree with your 100% disagreement.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2011, 11:47 AM

If they don't then it is more proof that this organization has no clue what its doing.

Luisito23
12-11-2011, 12:29 PM
If both Griffen, and Barkley are there and we don't take them, I'm seriously done with this team.

I'm almost there now, so it won't be a long trip.

tampabay25690
12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I disagree with your 100% disagreement.

Very cool...

Mr. Pink
12-11-2011, 02:58 PM
You don't sign a guy to a huge extension and then a few months later decide to draft a QB in the top 10.

By doing that, you as a GM and organization then fully admit you screwed the pooch on giving Fitz a ton of money.

Ego is a big thing. We won't take a QB in the top 3 rounds.

kingJofNYC
12-11-2011, 03:01 PM
You don't sign a guy to a huge extension and then a few months later decide to draft a QB in the top 10.

By doing that, you as a GM and organization then fully admit you screwed the pooch on giving Fitz a ton of money.

Ego is a big thing. We won't take a QB in the top 3 rounds.

Except that huge extension pays Fitz average QB money.

Also Griffen will make 25 over 4 or something like that, chump change for his abilities.

I'd do it.

Mr. Pink
12-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Except that huge extension pays Fitz average QB money.

Also Griffen will make 25 over 4 or something like that, chump change for his abilities.

I'd do it.

So you're tying up like 16ish million at one position and not for a guy named Brady, Manning or Brees?

Also not a smart business decision.

I agree fully that Fitz is not likely the answer, problem is the money and then the front office admitting they screwed up. Those two reasons alone I don't see them going QB in Round 1.

kingJofNYC
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
So you're tying up like 16ish million at one position and not for a guy named Brady, Manning or Brees?

Also not a smart business decision.

I agree fully that Fitz is not likely the answer, problem is the money and then the front office admitting they screwed up. Those two reasons alone I don't see them going QB in Round 1.

You can cut Fitz after next year, no need to honor the entire deal.

If they have an opportunity to draft a guy like RG, which they won't, and they don't do it, we should all quit being fans.

baalworship
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
RG3 is exactly what Nix and Gailey are looking for in a QB. If he is there we will take him.

The Jokeman
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I brought up this argument last offseason and it continues, how can we expect to have a franchise QB without the franchise? Fitzpatrick played well early this season when the defense was playing well. I say add a pass rusher or two to the defense (I'm hoping to land John Abraham (to use in nickel situations) as an UFA and drafting a guy like Brandon Jenkins.

I'd also favor looking to get JerMichael Finley at UFA as think another threat in the passing game would do wonders for this team and Finley is a duel TE/WR threat. In terms of QB, yes we should draft one to possibly develop and like a guy like Ryan Lindley in the 4th Round.

Mahdi
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I brought up this argument last offseason and it continues, how can we expect to have a franchise QB without the franchise? Fitzpatrick played well early this season when the defense was playing well. I say add a pass rusher or two to the defense (I'm hoping to land John Abraham (to use in nickel situations) as an UFA and drafting a guy like Brandon Jenkins.

I'd also favor looking to get JerMichael Finley at UFA as think another threat in the passing game would do wonders for this team and Finley is a duel TE/WR threat. In terms of QB, yes we should draft one to possibly develop and like a guy like Ryan Lindley in the 4th Round.
The defense was never playing well. We were just getting fortunate bounces to get all those turnovers.

I was a big time supporter of Fitz, applauded the extension but I don't think he is a franchise QB or a QB you want taking you to the playoffs.

Inaccurate way to often, and has difficulty making the big throw downfield. If Griffin or Barkley are anywhere near our pick we need to move up with someone who has a QB already.

The Jokeman
12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
The defense was never playing well. We were just getting fortunate bounces to get all those turnovers.

I was a big time supporter of Fitz, applauded the extension but I don't think he is a franchise QB or a QB you want taking you to the playoffs.

Inaccurate way to often, and has difficulty making the big throw downfield. If Griffin or Barkley are anywhere near our pick we need to move up with someone who has a QB already.
Would you say the current Bills roster is better or worse than the Panthers roster? I only ask because they got their franchise QB in last year's draft but have yet to show a substanially improved record despite that Cam Newton has played above average as a rookie this season. So do you think that a QB alone is going to fix this franchise? I realize we might be drafting other players besides Griffin or Barkley but with our recent draft history there's no telling how well/poorly said players will play.

Mahdi
12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Would you say the current Bills roster is better or worse than the Panthers roster? I only ask because they got their franchise QB in last year's draft but have yet to show a substanially improved record despite that Cam Newton has played above average as a rookie this season. So do you think that a QB alone is going to fix this franchise? I realize we might be drafting other players besides Griffin or Barkley but with our recent draft history there's no telling how well/poorly said players will play.
I think the Bills have few holes but in major areas.

QB - You can win with Fitz but how far will he take you is the question, you can argue that with a better defense he would be a more effective QB (more possessions, not having to force things cause you know the D isn't stopping anyone)

OLB - We run a 3-4 yet we don't have the most important piece which is a pass rushing OLB.

CB - Its not a huge need because I like our CBs, especially the young ones but we could use a lockdown CB.

Other than that, I like our OL, DL, ILBs, Safeties, WRs, TE (not bad), RBs.

With a good draft and being a bit aggressive in FA I think this team is not far.

I would target a veteran pass rusher, depth at C, vet CB in FA.

Young QB, pass rusher, WR, true NT (big fat one) in the draft.

To answer the question, I think our roster is better than the Panthers roster. They have a lot of needs all over their football team. DT, CB, S, WR, OL, LB.

Bert102176
12-11-2011, 11:41 PM
at this point he couldn't be any worse the Fitzdip****

Bert102176
12-11-2011, 11:47 PM
if we can't trade for Luck then I would love Justin Blackmon if we can get him

Mike
12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Panthers are on the upswing. Cam is clearly their MVP and at a certain point you see how limited he is, how is taking the teams as far as he can on his own. They are defiantly maturing and learning how to win. They are becoming a dangerous young team with the spoiler potential.

To become a perennial winner they will need to improve in a number of areas. Even with the same roster, i would expect a far better result next year, even a playoff push.

Currently, they would kill the bills in a head to head matchup.