PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
12-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the 3/4 point of the season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks

Ginger Vitis
12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm ok with the Martin pick to the Bills.. He better be considerably better than Demetrius Bell and not just a little bit better

YardRat
12-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd take Martin.

Jan Reimers
12-11-2011, 11:05 AM
I think Hairston will do very well at LT, and that we will take either the best pass rushing OLB or the biggest, baddest WR available.

ZAZusmc03
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I'll be furious with that pick if all of those good LB's are still on the board. I think Hairston will be just fine at LT, and think some kind of pass rush is much more important for this team than an O lineman

Luisito23
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
That's a horrible mock draft.

YardRat
12-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I think this front office...

Likes their QB's, so they will pass. OK by me, but wouldn't be completely shocked if they took one that dropped in their lap. Buddy's going to have to convince Ralph (errr....Littman) that the investment in a new guy after signing Fitz is going to be damn well worth it, sooner rather than later to pull this trigger.

Likes their o-line, which I don't understand. IMO Hairston is the best LT on the team already and will be a good one over the long haul, but if you can get a talented OT with a lot of upside you can't pass on him. Bell is probably gone, and Hairston/Pears/Martin would be a nice three of four that we need to solidify the outside of the o-line.

Likes our WR's, which I also don't understand. Stevie, Nelson, and, well, a bunch of mid- to lower-tier depth. Unfortunately if you believe recent reports they are getting really high on Smith as a complement to SJ. IMO a building process should always concentrate on the offensive line and defensive front seven first and foremost, so I wouldn't concentrate on WR if big guys are on the board. Floyd would be a nice addition, but we better have picked up a couple of solid o-linemen (including one starter) in FA before the draft.

Likes our d-line, and I'm OK with that. Quit ****ing around playing DE's at LBer, stay healthy, maybe pick up a mid-to-late round edge rusher and this unit will be fine, maybe even dominant.

Don't even want to talk about RB or TE. If they waste even a 7th rounder on either of those positions I may literally puke.

I think they recognize that the biggest weakness on this team are at LBer and CB. If Denver had taken Dareus, we would have hopped on Miller. They know McGee is done, McKelvin sucks, and Florence won't last that much longer. IMO if LB Courtney Upshaw or CB Dre Kirkpatrick are there, one of them will be our pick. If both are gone, Martin will be just fine.

User Manuel
12-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I can't believe we would draft an OT...I see defense again.

tampabay25690
12-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Not a huge fan of the pick.
OT is not a huge need.

Would not mind seeing Michael Floyd WR in that pick or Defense.

PTI
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Bills will be drafting in the top 10.

k-oneputt
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Bills will be drafting in the top 10.

Maybe they will fiqure it out we need to use the top-10 pick on a qb.

Bert102176
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Te'o from ND is returning to school for his senior year,and the Bills will be picking in the top 10

DesertFox24
12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
I think this front office...

Likes their QB's, so they will pass. OK by me, but wouldn't be completely shocked if they took one that dropped in their lap. Buddy's going to have to convince Ralph (errr....Littman) that the investment in a new guy after signing Fitz is going to be damn well worth it, sooner rather than later to pull this trigger.

Likes their o-line, which I don't understand. IMO Hairston is the best LT on the team already and will be a good one over the long haul, but if you can get a talented OT with a lot of upside you can't pass on him. Bell is probably gone, and Hairston/Pears/Martin would be a nice three of four that we need to solidify the outside of the o-line.

Likes our WR's, which I also don't understand. Stevie, Nelson, and, well, a bunch of mid- to lower-tier depth. Unfortunately if you believe recent reports they are getting really high on Smith as a complement to SJ. IMO a building process should always concentrate on the offensive line and defensive front seven first and foremost, so I wouldn't concentrate on WR if big guys are on the board. Floyd would be a nice addition, but we better have picked up a couple of solid o-linemen (including one starter) in FA before the draft.

Likes our d-line, and I'm OK with that. Quit ****ing around playing DE's at LBer, stay healthy, maybe pick up a mid-to-late round edge rusher and this unit will be fine, maybe even dominant.

Don't even want to talk about RB or TE. If they waste even a 7th rounder on either of those positions I may literally puke.

I think they recognize that the biggest weakness on this team are at LBer and CB. If Denver had taken Dareus, we would have hopped on Miller. They know McGee is done, McKelvin sucks, and Florence won't last that much longer. IMO if LB Courtney Upshaw or CB Dre Kirkpatrick are there, one of them will be our pick. If both are gone, Martin will be just fine.

Yard see here is the thing I am not sure Corner is as bad as we are making it. We have zero pass rush. Dareus got all of his pressures and sacks yesterday lining up as a 3 or 5 technique, not the nose. In fact when he lined up at nose he was giving ground.

In other words I want the bills to take OLBs and I am talking about 2 early picks like they did in 10 with the DL. Carrington is not bad, and Troup was looking awesome in preseason, so hopefully his back issue is completely healthy.

That being said I would go OLB in two of the first three rounds and a NT type with the other pick.

I agree with Buddy that you should take a corner every year and we should take one in rounds 4 or later.

Williams, McKelvin, Florence, Rodgers, McGee, Rookie would be our six corners for next year.

Our DBs might not be All pros but I think if we can get some consistent pass rush and stop the run then they will be better.

We are talking about the same guys that were awesome the first 7 games at getting turnovers.

DFlo
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
The Draft Order was the standings after week 13. I'm not projecting anything in terms of the order.

Regarding CB, would love to see Kirkpatrick in a Bills uniform, although he is very similar to Aaron Williams. He might even end up going in that 10-20 range if you believe what you read. I personally love him and think he's a top 10 guy.

Regarding pass rushers, the only one worth that pick would have been Curry, and I'm not sure he goes that high. I would be ok with the pick if the Bills really believed in him.

For me it came down to Floyd vs. Martin

DFlo
12-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Btw, ty for the comments guys

Post week 14 draft order is up in the Draft Order tab, we are picking 11th!

paladin warrior
12-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Need take OLD 1st round

Don't Panic
12-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks for putting in the effort and sharing bud... I'm oping for Upshaw at this point, but hard to complain with a huge upgrade at LT if he is one. Like you said, it would make our tackle depth considerably better as well.

X-Era
12-15-2011, 06:02 AM
I think Hairston will do very well at LT, and that we will take either the best pass rushing OLB or the biggest, baddest WR available.If we can manage to land around pick 10, we may have an outside shot at Blackmon.

Love to see him in a Bills uni.

B-DON
12-15-2011, 07:43 PM
If we can manage to land around pick 10, we may have an outside shot at Blackmon.

Love to see him in a Bills uni.
I don't see anyway blackmon falls past Cleveland. They are desperate for a stud receiver.

X-Era
12-16-2011, 06:11 AM
I don't see anyway blackmon falls past Cleveland. They are desperate for a stud receiver.Cleveland may pick below us when all is said and done.