• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

QB Landry Jones?

Is he no longer considered a first round QB? Prior to week 1 he was considered 3rd on board after Luck and Barkley. Has his stock plummeted that far? I liked what I saw from him last year.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: QB Landry Jones?

Don't believe it.
    He will go 1st rd. if he comes out in this draft.

Comment

• Mike13
      • Aug 2005

Jones sucks.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Mike13
        Jones sucks.
        So do half of the starting qb's in the NFL. Including the one in buffalo.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

If Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder were all good enough to be one of the first 12 players selected overall, I think Landry Jones is at least good enough to go in the first round.

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Peyton Manning got hurt and Colts have no wins. It is silly to not have a decent backup QB. I mean, Patriots took a QB pretty early all in all last year. I could see the Steelers and Jets and Cowboys all wanting a better backup QB next year, so to me the Bills can't wait and must take one in the first round.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by PTI
              Peyton Manning got hurt and Colts have no wins. It is silly to not have a decent backup QB. I mean, Patriots took a QB pretty early all in all last year. I could see the Steelers and Jets and Cowboys all wanting a better backup QB next year, so to me the Bills can't wait and must take one in the first round.
              The Steelers and Cowboys can afford to take a chance on a QB in the early goings because their front offices has shown they can find talent later in the draft and/or an ability to retain or bring in key free agents that can help their team. The Bills haven't. While it's nice to think in an early QB will guarantee the Bills success it's just not true. I'll say it until the cows come home but we need to build this franchise up before we'll ever find a franchise QB ever again. Which means retaining Stevie Johnson, finding another threat in the passing game and finding a legitimate pass rusher to start. Once that happens then I could see looking for a QB.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Won't go Round 1 and won't come out this year. 5th ranked Junior, probably 7th or 8th overall.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Won't go Round 1 and won't come out this year. 5th ranked Junior, probably 7th or 8th overall.
                  Exactly, if he was going to be top 10 maybe, but I see him going back.

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

We will go RB or CB yet again.

I officially have absolutely NO faith in this organization.
                    Last edited by dannyek71; 12-12-2011, 07:01 AM.
                    [

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Yeah yeah, I've heard that before.

Then they all go top-12 overall.

The Bills in their esteem wisdom will probably go tight end from Loisiana-Laf.
                      Then he will get here to find the competion a little different then the Sunbelt Conference.

Wash rinse wash rinse and the cycle continues.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by dannyek71
                        We will go RB or CB yet again.

I officially have absolutely NO faith in this organization.
                        Depends on the CB if Morris Clairborne is there we have to take him.

Personally I want another stud DL guy but I do not think there are any.

I would love to see a 3 man front with a huge NT prospect but I am not sure that guy from Washington is worth a first round pick.

It will probably come down to Upshaw, Dre Kirkpatrick (like him but he needs coaching), an OT, or Brandon Thompson

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                          Yeah yeah, I've heard that before.

Then they all go top-12 overall.

The Bills in their esteem wisdom will probably go tight end from Loisiana-Laf.
                          Then he will get here to find the competion a little different then the Sunbelt Conference.

Wash rinse wash rinse and the cycle continues.
                          You have no idea about this if you think this is all bs. People see the problem with Jacksonville takin Gabbert way too high already and Ponder has struggled in Minnesota early. Tennessee is very smart in sitting Locker which was exactly what I said needed to happen.

Landry Jones is not a first round caliber QB right now, his confidence is shaken, he doesn't have Broyles and he's being exposed. He's an NFL QB but he's more of a 2nd-3rd Rounder that you need to see what you have in a year or two.

That TE's name is Ladarius Green, he's widely considered to be one of the top TE's amongst the senior class.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

Yeah I know who the te is. He's right up the Bills alley for overdrafting.

You told me Locker wasn't 1st rd. either and he goes 8th overall.

i'll explain it to you again, Qb's always go early. It's a qb league and if you don't have one they get taken early.

Yes Gabbert and Ponder are struggling, what did you expect ? They are rookie qb's on bad teams. You can throw Dalton into that mix to as his true colors are coming out.

Whenever Jones comes out I will look for him in the first rd.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              Yeah I know who the te is. He's right up the Bills alley for overdrafting.

You told me Locker wasn't 1st rd. either and he goes 8th overall.

i'll explain it to you again, Qb's always go early. It's a qb league and if you don't have one they get taken early.

Yes Gabbert and Ponder are struggling, what did you expect ? They are rookie qb's on bad teams. You can throw Dalton into that mix to as his true colors are coming out.

Whenever Jones comes out I will look for him in the first rd.
                              We all know the Bills need a QB. The problem is FEW GOOD QBs are ever available. It makes no sense to draft a mediocre QB early with all the needs the Bills have.

Comment

Working...
                              X