PDA

View Full Version : QB Landry Jones?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Is he no longer considered a first round QB? Prior to week 1 he was considered 3rd on board after Luck and Barkley. Has his stock plummeted that far? I liked what I saw from him last year.

k-oneputt
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Don't believe it.
He will go 1st rd. if he comes out in this draft.

Mike13
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Jones sucks.

k-oneputt
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Jones sucks.

So do half of the starting qb's in the NFL. Including the one in buffalo.

Ed
12-11-2011, 07:40 PM
If Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder were all good enough to be one of the first 12 players selected overall, I think Landry Jones is at least good enough to go in the first round.

PTI
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Peyton Manning got hurt and Colts have no wins. It is silly to not have a decent backup QB. I mean, Patriots took a QB pretty early all in all last year. I could see the Steelers and Jets and Cowboys all wanting a better backup QB next year, so to me the Bills can't wait and must take one in the first round.

The Jokeman
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Peyton Manning got hurt and Colts have no wins. It is silly to not have a decent backup QB. I mean, Patriots took a QB pretty early all in all last year. I could see the Steelers and Jets and Cowboys all wanting a better backup QB next year, so to me the Bills can't wait and must take one in the first round.
The Steelers and Cowboys can afford to take a chance on a QB in the early goings because their front offices has shown they can find talent later in the draft and/or an ability to retain or bring in key free agents that can help their team. The Bills haven't. While it's nice to think in an early QB will guarantee the Bills success it's just not true. I'll say it until the cows come home but we need to build this franchise up before we'll ever find a franchise QB ever again. Which means retaining Stevie Johnson, finding another threat in the passing game and finding a legitimate pass rusher to start. Once that happens then I could see looking for a QB.

DraftBoy
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Won't go Round 1 and won't come out this year. 5th ranked Junior, probably 7th or 8th overall.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Won't go Round 1 and won't come out this year. 5th ranked Junior, probably 7th or 8th overall.

Exactly, if he was going to be top 10 maybe, but I see him going back.

dannyek71
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM
We will go RB or CB yet again.

I officially have absolutely NO faith in this organization.

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 07:06 AM

Yeah yeah, I've heard that before.

Then they all go top-12 overall.

The Bills in their esteem wisdom will probably go tight end from Loisiana-Laf.
Then he will get here to find the competion a little different then the Sunbelt Conference.

Wash rinse wash rinse and the cycle continues.

DesertFox24
12-12-2011, 07:16 AM
We will go RB or CB yet again.

I officially have absolutely NO faith in this organization.

Depends on the CB if Morris Clairborne is there we have to take him.

Personally I want another stud DL guy but I do not think there are any.

I would love to see a 3 man front with a huge NT prospect but I am not sure that guy from Washington is worth a first round pick.

It will probably come down to Upshaw, Dre Kirkpatrick (like him but he needs coaching), an OT, or Brandon Thompson

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah yeah, I've heard that before.

Then they all go top-12 overall.

The Bills in their esteem wisdom will probably go tight end from Loisiana-Laf.
Then he will get here to find the competion a little different then the Sunbelt Conference.

Wash rinse wash rinse and the cycle continues.

You have no idea about this if you think this is all bs. People see the problem with Jacksonville takin Gabbert way too high already and Ponder has struggled in Minnesota early. Tennessee is very smart in sitting Locker which was exactly what I said needed to happen.

Landry Jones is not a first round caliber QB right now, his confidence is shaken, he doesn't have Broyles and he's being exposed. He's an NFL QB but he's more of a 2nd-3rd Rounder that you need to see what you have in a year or two.

That TE's name is Ladarius Green, he's widely considered to be one of the top TE's amongst the senior class.

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Yeah I know who the te is. He's right up the Bills alley for overdrafting.

You told me Locker wasn't 1st rd. either and he goes 8th overall.

i'll explain it to you again, Qb's always go early. It's a qb league and if you don't have one they get taken early.

Yes Gabbert and Ponder are struggling, what did you expect ? They are rookie qb's on bad teams. You can throw Dalton into that mix to as his true colors are coming out.

Whenever Jones comes out I will look for him in the first rd.

better days
12-12-2011, 07:58 AM

i'll explain it to you again, Qb's always go early. It's a qb league and if you don't have one they get taken early.

Yes Gabbert and Ponder are struggling, what did you expect ? They are rookie qb's on bad teams. You can throw Dalton into that mix to as his true colors are coming out.

We all know the Bills need a QB. The problem is FEW GOOD QBs are ever available. It makes no sense to draft a mediocre QB early with all the needs the Bills have.

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 08:19 AM
It depends who you think is mediocre.

I would take Barkley, Griffen, or Jones at the 10th or so pick when the Bills will draft if they are there.

If not, maybe Foles in the 2nd.

Or we can just ride Fitz again next season and go 6-10 again if he stays healthy again for the whole season.
The point is it's time to make the move on a qb and start developing him.

Or we can take the "were smarter then you pick" which I've already noted the t-end from Loisiana-Laf. He's a Bills scout's wet dream.

better days
12-12-2011, 08:23 AM

I would take Barkley, Griffen, or Jones at the 10th or so pick when the Bills will draft if they are there.

Or we can just ride Fitz again next season and go 6-10 again if he stays healthy again for the whole season.

Or we can take the "were smarter then you pick" which I've already noted the t-end from Loisiana-Laf. He's a Bills scout's wet dream.

I would expect both Barkley & Griffen to not be available when the Bills pick & Jones looks mediocre.

superbills
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
What's the word on Nick Foles these days? "Up and comer" last year and I think he's sort of fallen off the radar a bit. Draft Boy or anyone else who's privy please advise :up:

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 11:31 AM

I said he wasn't first round value, you need to differentiate and gow ith what I actually say. You look ridiculous when you make claims these claims that I said something I never did. I did say I wouldn't take him in the first (and stand by that) and I didn't mock him that high. The jury is still very much out on Locker.

You can explain it all you want and I'll continue to show you teams like Chicago and Cincinatti who reach for QB's in Round 1 and suffer the same fate that you seem to want this team to suffer.

The Bengals finally learned, which should tell you something.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM

Barkley or Griffin I completely agree but if you take Jones you're setting us back.

Foles in the 2nd is too high as well, plus this fan base won't like him.

Again its Ladarius Green, if you know his name then use it.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 11:33 AM
What's the word on Nick Foles these days? "Up and comer" last year and I think he's sort of fallen off the radar a bit. Draft Boy or anyone else who's privy please advise :up:

Questionable arm strength, smart with the football, and very accurate. He'd likely fit well in our scheme but he checks down a lot.

He's not going to be a down the field open it kind of guy and he's not a gun slinger. He's a tough kid who can make all the throws but he does not have the great deep balls like Rodgers, or Stafford have.

TacklingDummy
12-12-2011, 12:03 PM
The Steelers and Cowboys can afford to take a chance on a QB in the early goings because their front offices has shown they can find talent later in the draft and/or an ability to retain or bring in key free agents that can help their team. The Bills haven't. While it's nice to think in an early QB will guarantee the Bills success it's just not true. I'll say it until the cows come home but we need to build this franchise up before we'll ever find a franchise QB ever again. Which means retaining Stevie Johnson, finding another threat in the passing game and finding a legitimate pass rusher to start. Once that happens then I could see looking for a QB.

The Bills have had good linemen over the years, good WR's, good RB's, good LB's, good CB's, good DE, etc...what they haven't had is a franchise QB.

Lets take the approach a little different this time and not draft a RB, secondary player, LB, DT, with the first round pick.

better days
12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Questionable arm strength, smart with the football, and very accurate. He'd likely fit well in our scheme but he checks down a lot.

He's not going to be a down the field open it kind of guy and he's not a gun slinger. He's a tough kid who can make all the throws but he does not have the great deep balls like Rodgers, or Stafford have.

If he does not have a strong arm, he probably does not have the ability to throw in the winds in Buffalo.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 12:11 PM
If he does not have a strong arm, he probably does not have the ability to throw in the winds in Buffalo.

He has the arm to make the throws, but he's not going to be heaving 50 yard bombs down the field.

Arm strength is so relative its hard to be accurate when describing it. He can make the 15 yard out route to the far sideline, the pace isn't great but it gets there.

paladin warrior
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Jones sucks. NO you SUCKS

better days
12-12-2011, 01:43 PM
He has the arm to make the throws, but he's not going to be heaving 50 yard bombs down the field.

Arm strength is so relative its hard to be accurate when describing it. He can make the 15 yard out route to the far sideline, the pace isn't great but it gets there.

But can it get there in the cross winds of Buffalo late in the year? I don't know, what do you think?

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Barkley or Griffin I completely agree but if you take Jones you're setting us back.

Foles in the 2nd is too high as well, plus this fan base won't like him.

Again its Ladarius Green, if you know his name then use it.

Yeah yeah. jones will go in the 1st and I wouldn't be pissed if they take him. Way more upside then Fitz.
Why should I use his name, what difference does it make ? most don't know him anyways. But he is a Bills "I'm smarter then you pick". He fits the profile perfectly on the Bills overdrafted players. Look for him in the 2nd.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 02:08 PM
But can it get there in the cross winds of Buffalo late in the year? I don't know, what do you think?

It can get there it just won't have much zip on it.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah yeah. jones will go in the 1st and I wouldn't be pissed if they take him. Way more upside then Fitz.
Why should I use his name, what difference does it make ? most don't know him anyways. But he is a Bills "I'm smarter then you pick". He fits the profile perfectly on the Bills overdrafted players. Look for him in the 2nd.

You or I have more upside than Fitz, that's not a ringing endorsement by any stretch.

Because it makes you look like you don't know his name when you don't use it and why would anybody want to make themselves look like they don't know who or what they are talking about?

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Anyone can gooogle him if they like. Or watch for him on Sat.

I see Jones differently then you then. He had some bad games to end the year but he has the physical goods to play in the NFL.

better days
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
The Bills have had good linemen over the years, good WR's, good RB's, good LB's, good CB's, good DE, etc...what they haven't had is a franchise QB.

Lets take the approach a little different this time and not draft a RB, secondary player, LB, DT, with the first round pick.

If the Bills could get a FRANCHISE QB, I am sure it would make this entire board happy. The Problem is drafting a QB in the 1st RND like Losman that is NOT a franchise QB.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Anyone can gooogle him if they like. Or watch for him on Sat.

I see Jones differently then you then. He had some bad games to end the year but he has the physical goods to play in the NFL.

He had some bad games to start the year to. He was less than impressive v. Tulsa and was out preformed by Kinne in that game.

He has the tools to succeed physically its the mental part I don't see. Reminds me a ton of Gabbert, though Gabbert is more athletic.

better days
12-12-2011, 03:40 PM
He had some bad games to start the year to. He was less than impressive v. Tulsa and was out preformed by Kinne in that game.

He has the tools to succeed physically its the mental part I don't see. Reminds me a ton of Gabbert, though Gabbert is more athletic.

Will Gabbert get the mental part eventually, who knows? So far, he has looked TERRIBLE. Dalton looks MUCH better.