• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Favre Was "dead Set" On '02 Retirement

Packers quarterback Brett Favre recently said that, at this time last year, he was "dead set" on retiring after the 2002 season.

According to the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald, Favre says that he changed his mind at the conclusion of the season, which ended with a stunning home playoff loss to the Falcons.

"In some ways, I have thought about retirement," he said. "I know I can play three more years, but I don't now if that's what I want.

"My wife, Deanna, and I talk about retirement and she tells me to walk away when I am ready. I think retirement will be a lot like the off-season for me. In the off-season, I don't like to travel: I would rather stay home in Hattiesburg and cut my grass."

Favre says that he wouldn't mind getting into coaching after his playing days end. "After so long, we are all has-beens. Coaching and helping kids would be nice when I've become a has-been."

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
Working...
X