X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Todd Haley fired in KC

The losses kept mounting, the tension kept growing and ultimately Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli decided the status quo was no longer good enough.
    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 12-12-2011, 10:38 AM.
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Todd Haley fired in KC

The losses kept mounting, the tension kept growing and ultimately Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli decided the status quo was no longer good enough.

The Chiefs won the AFC West title last year but have stumbled to a 5-8 record this season. Quarterback Matt Cassel is out for the season with a hand injury and the team's offense has sputtered behind backup QB Tyler Palko.

Kansas City was 19-27 during Haley's tenure.
    So, KC wins their division last year, has a multitude of injuries and the KC front office doesn't hesitate to pull the plug. Meanwhile, Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey are 9-20, with an 8 game losing streak and a 6 game losing streak (and counting) on their resumes, yet, my bet is, even if the Bills finish 5-11, things will remain status quo...

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?

-Bill

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

Re: Todd Haley fired in KC

Why is this on a bills forum?

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

No not really. That's Buffalo Bills football. did you expect different ?

Comment

• Mike13
          • Aug 2005

well he's got the unemployed homeless guy look down.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

we could fire gailey and then hire haley, which is exactly the kind of move the bills would make.

at what point are the bills going to start canning their scouts. The team absolutely blows talent wise. and it has for 12 years. we keep moving around chairs on the titanic. the issue is the hole in the boat!

Fix the scouting. go ahead, can all the scouts, and just poach a team from NE, GREENBAY, etc.

Comment

• BLeonard
              BoB Sabermetrician
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
              we could fire gailey and then hire haley, which is exactly the kind of move the bills would make.

at what point are the bills going to start canning their scouts. The team absolutely blows talent wise. and it has for 12 years. we keep moving around chairs on the titanic. the issue is the hole in the boat!

Fix the scouting. go ahead, can all the scouts, and just poach a team from NE, GREENBAY, etc.
              Actually, this is the problem right here: http://getbillstickets.com/season_tickets

The fact that the Bills are running a promotion for 2012 season tickets... One of the perks of putting a deposit down? "Playoff Priority for 2011."

The marketing department, apparently, hasn't gotten the memo about the Bills and the 2011 playoffs yet...

-Bill

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

They have already fired the scouts that were here for the terrible drafts. Nix is a great scout & he has hired new scouts to replace the bad scouts the Bills have had.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

non dip**** owners don't fire two legendary GM's and their cast of awesomeness....TWICE.

I'm ready for the post wilson bills. if they move, so be it. sitting with these ****ty results year in and year are not worth it to me.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

non dip**** owners don't fire two legendary GM's and their cast of awesomeness....TWICE.

I'm ready for the post wilson bills. if they move, so be it. sitting with these ****ty results year in and year are not worth it to me.
                    Well, to be fair, Ralph wanted to give Butler a new contract & only fired him when Butler would not answer his phone or call back when Ralph called him.

Also, Ralph wanted to make Smith GM when Butler was fired, but he followed Butler to S.D. instead. And I would not call Butler a legendary GM. He was no Polian.

I think the Butler situation worked out well for the Bills in retrospect. Butler died & Smith does not look like a GOOD GM to me & he may be fired after this year. I am happy the Bills have Nix at GM rather than Smith myself.

Comment

• BLeonard
                      BoB Sabermetrician
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days
                      Well, to be fair, Ralph wanted to give Butler a new contract & only fired him when Butler would not answer his phone or call back when Ralph called him.

Also, Ralph wanted to make Smith GM when Butler was fired, but he followed Butler to S.D. instead. And I would not call Butler a legendary GM. He was no Polian.

I think the Butler situation worked out well for the Bills in retrospect. Butler died & Smith does not look like a GOOD GM to me & he may be fired after this year. I am happy the Bills have Nix at GM rather than Smith myself.
                      Personally, I would have rather just kept Bill Polian... But, that might have resulted in losing Jeff Littman...

And, to be honest, if the on-field results the past 12 years are any indication of what goes on in the front office at One Bills Drive (and I believe they are), I can't say that I blame Butler for ignoring or not returning Wilson's calls.

-Bill
                      Last edited by BLeonard; 12-12-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by better days

AJ smith is a complete *******, but he has his team in the playoffs year in and year out with a useless retread coach like norv turner.

in the meanwhile the bills have brought in retread coaches and done what exactly?

I hope that Wilson knows that whatever legacy he wants to build after his death, that everyone will just breath a sigh of relief and no one will remember him for what he thinks he's going to be remembered for.

He was an ego filled, prideful man who never understood football and will always go down as one of the great losers of our time.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

wow, how these fans are so quick to point the barrel of the gun at the coaching staff who lost their best players on both sides of the ball. I agree with the point of this falling on past crapshoot drafts. green bay had serious injury issues last season, but kept their pace and won the freaking superbowl. our depth is our problem. we have nothing to back up our starters. if we were healthy all year long (which will never happen), we would be in the playoff hunt right now probably at around 9-3, or 8-4 at the worst, and we would have beaten the dolphins twice, the jets at least once, and the chargers yesterday would have been the pad our resume for the playoff job game.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

*9-4...
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

AJ smith is a complete *******, but he has his team in the playoffs year in and year out with a useless retread coach like norv turner.

in the meanwhile the bills have brought in retread coaches and done what exactly?

I hope that Wilson knows that whatever legacy he wants to build after his death, that everyone will just breath a sigh of relief and no one will remember him for what he thinks he's going to be remembered for.

He was an ego filled, prideful man who never understood football and will always go down as one of the great losers of our time.
                              Aside from being a ******* which Smith is, the Chargers have not drafted well since Nix left & that is a fact.

I can't argue about your thoughts on Ralph.

Comment

Working...
                              X