PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley fired in KC

Albany,n.y.
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7344798/kansas-city-chiefs-fire-coach-todd-haley-struggling-team-5-8

BLeonard
12-12-2011, 10:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7344798/kansas-city-chiefs-fire-coach-todd-haley-struggling-team-5-8

The Chiefs won the AFC West title last year but have stumbled to a 5-8 record this season. Quarterback Matt Cassel is out for the season with a hand injury and the team's offense has sputtered behind backup QB Tyler Palko.

Kansas City was 19-27 during Haley's tenure.

So, KC wins their division last year, has a multitude of injuries and the KC front office doesn't hesitate to pull the plug. Meanwhile, Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey are 9-20, with an 8 game losing streak and a 6 game losing streak (and counting) on their resumes, yet, my bet is, even if the Bills finish 5-11, things will remain status quo...

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?

-Bill

mrbojanglezs
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Why is this on a bills forum?

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
No not really. That's Buffalo Bills football. did you expect different ?

Mike13
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
well he's got the unemployed homeless guy look down.

trapezeus
12-12-2011, 11:08 AM
we could fire gailey and then hire haley, which is exactly the kind of move the bills would make.

at what point are the bills going to start canning their scouts. The team absolutely blows talent wise. and it has for 12 years. we keep moving around chairs on the titanic. the issue is the hole in the boat!

Fix the scouting. go ahead, can all the scouts, and just poach a team from NE, GREENBAY, etc.

BLeonard
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
we could fire gailey and then hire haley, which is exactly the kind of move the bills would make.

at what point are the bills going to start canning their scouts. The team absolutely blows talent wise. and it has for 12 years. we keep moving around chairs on the titanic. the issue is the hole in the boat!

Fix the scouting. go ahead, can all the scouts, and just poach a team from NE, GREENBAY, etc.

Actually, this is the problem right here: http://getbillstickets.com/season_tickets

The fact that the Bills are running a promotion for 2012 season tickets... One of the perks of putting a deposit down? "Playoff Priority for 2011."

The marketing department, apparently, hasn't gotten the memo about the Bills and the 2011 playoffs yet...

-Bill

better days
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM

They have already fired the scouts that were here for the terrible drafts. Nix is a great scout & he has hired new scouts to replace the bad scouts the Bills have had.

trapezeus
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
non dip**** owners don't fire two legendary GM's and their cast of awesomeness....TWICE.

I'm ready for the post wilson bills. if they move, so be it. sitting with these ****ty results year in and year are not worth it to me.

better days
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
non dip**** owners don't fire two legendary GM's and their cast of awesomeness....TWICE.

I'm ready for the post wilson bills. if they move, so be it. sitting with these ****ty results year in and year are not worth it to me.

Well, to be fair, Ralph wanted to give Butler a new contract & only fired him when Butler would not answer his phone or call back when Ralph called him.

Also, Ralph wanted to make Smith GM when Butler was fired, but he followed Butler to S.D. instead. And I would not call Butler a legendary GM. He was no Polian.

I think the Butler situation worked out well for the Bills in retrospect. Butler died & Smith does not look like a GOOD GM to me & he may be fired after this year. I am happy the Bills have Nix at GM rather than Smith myself.

BLeonard
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Well, to be fair, Ralph wanted to give Butler a new contract & only fired him when Butler would not answer his phone or call back when Ralph called him.

Also, Ralph wanted to make Smith GM when Butler was fired, but he followed Butler to S.D. instead. And I would not call Butler a legendary GM. He was no Polian.

I think the Butler situation worked out well for the Bills in retrospect. Butler died & Smith does not look like a GOOD GM to me & he may be fired after this year. I am happy the Bills have Nix at GM rather than Smith myself.

Personally, I would have rather just kept Bill Polian... But, that might have resulted in losing Jeff Littman... :nervous:

And, to be honest, if the on-field results the past 12 years are any indication of what goes on in the front office at One Bills Drive (and I believe they are), I can't say that I blame Butler for ignoring or not returning Wilson's calls.

-Bill

trapezeus
12-12-2011, 01:03 PM

AJ smith is a complete *******, but he has his team in the playoffs year in and year out with a useless retread coach like norv turner.

in the meanwhile the bills have brought in retread coaches and done what exactly?

I hope that Wilson knows that whatever legacy he wants to build after his death, that everyone will just breath a sigh of relief and no one will remember him for what he thinks he's going to be remembered for.

He was an ego filled, prideful man who never understood football and will always go down as one of the great losers of our time.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
wow, how these fans are so quick to point the barrel of the gun at the coaching staff who lost their best players on both sides of the ball. I agree with the point of this falling on past crapshoot drafts. green bay had serious injury issues last season, but kept their pace and won the freaking superbowl. our depth is our problem. we have nothing to back up our starters. if we were healthy all year long (which will never happen), we would be in the playoff hunt right now probably at around 9-3, or 8-4 at the worst, and we would have beaten the dolphins twice, the jets at least once, and the chargers yesterday would have been the pad our resume for the playoff job game.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
*9-4...

better days
12-12-2011, 01:21 PM
AJ smith is a complete *******, but he has his team in the playoffs year in and year out with a useless retread coach like norv turner.

in the meanwhile the bills have brought in retread coaches and done what exactly?

I hope that Wilson knows that whatever legacy he wants to build after his death, that everyone will just breath a sigh of relief and no one will remember him for what he thinks he's going to be remembered for.

He was an ego filled, prideful man who never understood football and will always go down as one of the great losers of our time.

Aside from being a ******* which Smith is, the Chargers have not drafted well since Nix left & that is a fact.

I can't argue about your thoughts on Ralph.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
wow, how these fans are so quick to point the barrel of the gun at the coaching staff who lost their best players on both sides of the ball. I agree with the point of this falling on past crapshoot drafts. green bay had serious injury issues last season, but kept their pace and won the freaking superbowl. our depth is our problem. we have nothing to back up our starters. if we were healthy all year long (which will never happen), we would be in the playoff hunt right now probably at around 9-3, or 8-4 at the worst, and we would have beaten the dolphins twice, the jets at least once, and the chargers yesterday would have been the pad our resume for the playoff job game.

no they wouldn't

Crisis
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I bet Hammer is happy.

Syderick
12-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Al Davis never put up with crappy coaches. He maybe criticize for having alot of coachs over the last 10 years, but accepted losses. You suck your out, even in a year 1 or 2.

BillsFever21
12-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Close your eyes and come back down to reality. Even before we lost any main core players outside of Williams we were on a 3 game losing streak and were outscored by around 90 points in them 3 games. After that Wood, Jackson and Wilson got injured which didn't help the fact much but we still wouldn't have won the past 3 games. We even had Wilson back last week and we see how much of a difference that made. In the 2nd Jets game Spiller played great too so we can't blame much of the loss on Jackson on that one.

This team isn't any better then last year. We just won some lucky games early on instead of our wins coming in the middle or later in the season like last year. It's a 16 game season. At some point in the year an average to below average team is going to win a few games or so. Our wins just happened to come at the start of the season instead of later on like last year. And even them wins were lucky. We played 2 incredible 2nd halves in 2 straight games and ended up with wins that might happen once a year if you're lucky.

Most realistic fans could see and stated that the run wasn't going to continue. It took us getting multiple turnovers in the games with many of them being gimmies, us not turning the ball over ourselves, an incredible RZ efficiency which was never going to last and some other fortunate bounces just to squeak out the victories. Eventually the laws of averages were going to even themselves out and we were going to fade away. No team can keep that pace going and normally with them kind of stats a decent team would have blown out their opponents instead of squeaking by. I stated maybe an 8-8 record when we were 5-2. Just didn't think it would get this bad.

A good HC doesn't have a 9-20 record with an 8 game losing streak his first year and a 6 game losing streak(and 7 out of 8) and counting his second season. A good HC would at least found a way to win a couple of them games at the least.

better days
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Al Davis never put up with crappy coaches. He maybe criticize for having alot of coachs over the last 10 years, but accepted losses. You suck your out, even in a year 1 or 2.

Yeah, that worked out great for him. He got rid of Gruden & LOST the Super Bowl to him. Gruden was the last good HC that the Raiders had until now.