paladin warrior
12-12-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=33V0hSri6BM

I hate Tom.B . That was yesterday. Pats vs Pigskin

Skooby
12-12-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhILYM9p9I&feature=player_embedded

I hate Tom.B . That was yesterday. Pats vs Pigskin

Now now Tommy, one rattle at a Tom for you.

paladin warrior
12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Now now Tommy, one rattle at a Tom for you. :kid:

:monkeyp: Tom.B

better days
12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I can't wait to see Miller plant Brady next Sunday. Tebow time.

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 02:01 PM
New England is gonna slap the Bronco's good.

better days
12-12-2011, 02:10 PM
New England is gonna slap the Bronco's good.

I think you will be in for a shock. The Broncos have a GOOD defense that can get to the QB & Brady hates to be pressured. Tebow will make the Pats* defense look as bad as it is.

I'm calling it, Tebow Time. The Pats* go down.

k-oneputt
12-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Personally I like watching Tebow and pull for him.
The Pats are a different beast. They will score in the 30's and I don't think the Bronco's can keep up.

imbondz
12-12-2011, 02:16 PM
i'm over bashing Brady. At least him and his coach care enough to flip out on each other. I respect him for firing back at his coach like that.

Ickybaluky
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
i'm over bashing Brady. At least him and his coach care enough to flip out on each other. I respect him for firing back at his coach like that.

Wow. The losing must have really beat you down pretty badly if you can't even generate a little hate for Brady. I mean, if that isn't a sign of how tough things are around here, I don't know what is.

Crisis
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
wow, i watched that entire thing and i'm actually way more interested in Underwood's hair now.

better days
12-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Personally I like watching Tebow and pull for him.
The Pats are a different beast. They will score in the 30's and I don't think the Bronco's can keep up.

Well, the Broncos kept up with the Vikings a couple weeks ago & the Vikings have a better defense than the Pats* IMO. I agree Brady will put points on the board, but I think the Broncos can as well against the Pats* defense.

The Broncos should have beaten the Bears badly Sunday, but the Bronco receivers dropped the ball all game long until the end. They will need to hang on to the ball this week for the Broncos to have a chance to win.

imbondz
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Wow. The losing must have really beat you down pretty badly if you can't even generate a little hate for Brady. I mean, if that isn't a sign of how tough things are around here, I don't know what is.

true that-

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I have too much respect to hate on Brady anymore, I still think he is secretly gay though. Watching him play just makes me more pissed off at the the Bills' organization and how they don't care about winning.

Ickybaluky
12-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Well, the Broncos kept up with the Vikings a couple weeks ago & the Vikings have a better defense than the Pats* IMO. I agree Brady will put points on the board, but I think the Broncos can as well against the Pats* defense.

Not for nothing, but as bad as the Pats defense has played they have let up 4 more points than the Jets and 4 less than Green Bay this season. Minnesota has given up 90 more points than the Patriots this season, or about a touchdown a game.

Last time I checked, it isn't about how it "looks", it is about points scored vs. points allowed. The Broncos have given up 302 points this season, 31 more than the Pats.

Oaf
12-12-2011, 06:41 PM
:kid:

:monkeyp: Tom.B
Patriots won, Paladin. :ill:

paladin warrior
12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Patriots won, Paladin. :ill: Ya I know:teary: , But freakin Pats:nono: won't make it in superbowl this year .. Pitts or Raven can beat freakin Pats and also Pitts or Raven can beat Jets too

better days
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Not for nothing, but as bad as the Pats defense has played they have let up 4 more points than the Jets and 4 less than Green Bay this season. Minnesota has given up 90 more points than the Patriots this season, or about a touchdown a game.

Last time I checked, it isn't about how it "looks", it is about points scored vs. points allowed. The Broncos have given up 302 points this season, 31 more than the Pats.

Well, the Vikings gave up 33 & 45 points to the Packers. They gave up 26 & 34 to the Lions. They gave up 35 to the Broncos. They gave up 39 to the Bears.

The Pats* gave up 3 to the Chiefs. They gave up 19 to the Raiders. They gave up 21 & 16 points to the Jets. They gave up 16 points to the Cowboys in N.E.

I think you have to look at who they played & what players were injured to get a true picture.

I guess we will find out what kind of defensive genius Belicheck is on Sunday.

Ickybaluky
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, the Vikings gave up 33 & 45 points to the Packers. They gave up 26 & 34 to the Lions. They gave up 35 to the Broncos. They gave up 39 to the Bears.

Right, because they suck.

At the end of the day, it comes down to points. Not team in the AFC has a better point differential than the Pats (Houston is tied). It comes down to points scored vs. points allowed, and the Pats overall this year are as good as anyone at that.

The Broncos have a negative point differential. Even since Tebow took over, they are only a +2 in point differential. The Pats are +122 for the season.

Look at the standings, and the best teams have the best point differential. Good teams may play bad games, and bad teams may play well in one game, but over the course of the season the best teams score more points than they let up. The Pats are +122 to Tebow's +2.

There is no doubt who the better team is. However, any given Sunday.

better days
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Right, because they suck.

At the end of the day, it comes down to points. Not team in the AFC has a better point differential than the Pats (Houston is tied). It comes down to points scored vs. points allowed, and the Pats overall this year are as good as anyone at that.

The Broncos have a negative point differential. Even since Tebow took over, they are only a +2 in point differential. The Pats are +122 for the season.

Look at the standings, and the best teams have the best point differential. Good teams may play bad games, and bad teams may play well in one game, but over the course of the season the best teams score more points than they let up. The Pats are +122 to Tebow's +2.

There is no doubt who the better team is. However, any given Sunday.

Well, I would like to see how many points the Pats* would give up to the Packers or Lions probably north of 50.

There is no question Brady is a better QB than Tebow.........for NOW. There is a BIG question which TEAM is better the Pats* or the Broncos. I would say the Broncos have the better defense. The Pats* have the better offense.

Ickybaluky
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Well, I would like to see how many points the Pats* would give up to the Packers or Lions probably north of 50.

There is no question Brady is a better QB than Tebow.........for NOW. There is a BIG question which TEAM is better the Pats* or the Broncos. I would say the Broncos have the better defense. The Pats* have the better offense.

You can "say" what you want. The Pats defense has given up a lot fewer points than the Broncos. Points is what it is all about.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I still hate the Patriots. I hope the planes landing wheel break and the plane crashes on the runaway. Then hopefully all the players are hurt bad enough to not make it to the game this week in Denver.

better days
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
You can "say" what you want. The Pats defense has given up a lot fewer points than the Broncos. Points is what it is all about.

Yes points is what it is all about. Since Tebow has started, the Broncos have scored more points than their opponents 7 times out of 8.

The only other team the Pats* have played that won as much as the Broncos since Tebow has started is the Steelers & the Pats* lost to them.

Ickybaluky
12-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I actually expect Tebow to throwing for yardage. The Pats always play guys like him the same. They will play all their big bodies up front and rush slow, keeping him in the pocket. There will be little pressure on the QB and they will invite him to throw. The question is, does Denver fall for that and let him throw?

The Pats will invite Tebow to throw because they don't think he is accurate enough to beat them. Denver are at their best when they run the ball. If they get into a throwing contest, it plays to the Pats hand. Even if they hit some plays and get some yardage, they aren't efficient enough to eat clock and control tempo. Ultimately, the Pats will cede plays and allow him to throw the ball, but will try to stop the run and force FG. That is their game.

In the end, they know Tebow will make some plays, but will he make enough to keep up with the NE offense? That is not his game.

For Denver to win they need to shorten the game. If it is an 8-9 possession game they can win, but that means running and stringing together drives. If it is a 12-possession game they lose, because that tempo plays to what the Pats do well. I like Tebow, but I don't think he can win that type of game.

better days
12-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I actually expect Tebow to throwing for yardage. The Pats always play guys like him the same. They will play all their big bodies up front and rush slow, keeping him in the pocket. There will be little pressure on the QB and they will invite him to throw. The question is, does Denver fall for that and let him throw?

The Pats will invite Tebow to throw because they don't think he is accurate enough to beat them. Denver are at their best when they run the ball. If they get into a throwing contest, it plays to the Pats hand. Even if they hit some plays and get some yardage, they aren't efficient enough to eat clock and control tempo. Ultimately, the Pats will cede plays and allow him to throw the ball, but will try to stop the run and force FG. That is their game.

In the end, they know Tebow will make some plays, but will he make enough to keep up with the NE offense? That is not his game.

For Denver to win they need to shorten the game. If it is an 8-9 possession game they can win, but that means running and stringing together drives. If it is a 12-possession game they lose, because that tempo plays to what the Pats do well. I like Tebow, but I don't think he can win that type of game.

Well, good post except "guys like him" There is no other guy in the NFL like Tebow. He is unique.

I think you will see Sunday he is more accurate than he has been given credit for. Now if his receivers can just hold on to the ball when it hits them in the hands.

Oh & the only QB that is better than Tebow in the red zone is Brady. And Tebow is not far behind him. The Broncos won't settle for field goals unless they are long ones & they have a good kicker.

Ickybaluky
12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Well, good post except "guys like him" There is no other guy in the NFL like Tebow. He is unique.

I think you will see Sunday he is more accurate than he has been given credit for. Now if his receivers can just hold on to the ball when it hits them in the hands.

Oh & the only QB that is better than Tebow in the red zone is Brady. And Tebow is not far behind him. The Broncos won't settle for field goals unless they are long ones & they have a good kicker.

By "guys like him" I meant running QB. Tebow still has a long way to go as a thrower, his accuracy still sucks. I've watched all his games this year and he is getting more comfortable, but is not an efficient thrower.

However, he gets a lot of credit in my book for Denver's resurgence. The key to Denver's playing better is not just on defense. Their defense hasn't been as great as everyone thinks, although they have been good.

The key in Denver is the running game. Tebow deserves a lot of credit for that, not only because of his ability to run but because of how he runs that offense and makes the rest of the runners better. The Denver run game would not be as effective without Tebow.

The other key, which Tebow also deserves a lot of credit for, is avoiding turnovers (although he had a couple last week). Denver hasn't been making mistakes to get themselves beat, and that has kept them in games. They play the field position very well and keep games close, and Tebow's knack for playing big down the stretch has allowed them to win games in the end.

Tebow, as a thrower, has been at his best outside the pocket. He has shown the ability to get the ball downfield, and has a stronger arm than people give him credit for. That matches up well with the bigger receivers he has in Decker and Thomas.

He still isn't efficient as a thrower, in that his ball placement, accuracy and timing need a lot of work. Teams aren't even going to try and pressure him as much in the future, because the important thing is keeping him in the pocket. When Denver gets a lead and runs the ball well they control the tempo and play very well. When they don't do those things, they are very beatable.

I think the things Tebow has done as a QB in that offense are very tangible and a big part of why Denver is winning. That said, to have staying power in the NFL he has to improve a lot as a thrower in the pocket. Otherwise, his success won't last long-term. Teams are going to adjust and keep him in the pocket. He won't last if he keeps playing like he does now.

better days
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
By "guys like him" I meant running QB. Tebow still has a long way to go as a thrower, his accuracy still sucks. I've watched all his games this year and he is getting more comfortable, but is not an efficient thrower.

However, he gets a lot of credit in my book for Denver's resurgence. The key to Denver's playing better is not just on defense. Their defense hasn't been as great as everyone thinks, although they have been good.

The key in Denver is the running game. Tebow deserves a lot of credit for that, not only because of his ability to run but because of how he runs that offense and makes the rest of the runners better. The Denver run game would not be as effective without Tebow.

The other key, which Tebow also deserves a lot of credit for, is avoiding turnovers (although he had a couple last week). Denver hasn't been making mistakes to get themselves beat, and that has kept them in games. They play the field position very well and keep games close, and Tebow's knack for playing big down the stretch has allowed them to win games in the end.

Tebow, as a thrower, has been at his best outside the pocket. He has shown the ability to get the ball downfield, and has a stronger arm than people give him credit for. That matches up well with the bigger receivers he has in Decker and Thomas.

He still isn't efficient as a thrower, in that his ball placement, accuracy and timing need a lot of work. Teams aren't even going to try and pressure him as much in the future, because the important thing is keeping him in the pocket. When Denver gets a lead and runs the ball well they control the tempo and play very well. When they don't do those things, they are very beatable.

I think the things Tebow has done as a QB in that offense are very tangible and a big part of why Denver is winning. That said, to have staying power in the NFL he has to improve a lot as a thrower in the pocket. Otherwise, his success won't last long-term. Teams are going to adjust and keep him in the pocket. He won't last if he keeps playing like he does now.

Good post. If you have been watching every game, you have seen Tebow improve his passing just about every week. I expect that to continue.

John Elway said he plans to work with Tebow in the off season. I have faith Tebow will make great strides in his passing by next year.

k-oneputt
12-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Icky,
on this game I know the Pats will score but the defense ??? Do you think Beli. will straighten out this defense for this game ? What type of injuries are the Pats dealing with on their defense. What type of mindset do the Pats have coming into this game. Is the back to back road games and travel going to be a factor. What about the Brady/Obrien blowup.

Bottom line, do you think they cover the -6 ?

Any more insight then already given is appreciated.

SABURZFAN
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
will somebody tell yordad, aka better days, to wipe Tebow's DNA off of his face. :rolleyes:

better days
12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
will somebody tell yordad, aka better days, to wipe Tebow's DNA off of his face. :rolleyes:

Will somebody tell SABURZFAN to KMA- better days

HAMMER
12-13-2011, 04:07 PM
I still hate the Patriots. I hope the planes landing wheel break and the plane crashes on the runaway. Then hopefully all the players are hurt bad enough to not make it to the game this week in Denver.

Now that's pure class.

Ickybaluky
12-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Icky,
on this game I know the Pats will score but the defense ??? Do you think Beli. will straighten out this defense for this game ? What type of injuries are the Pats dealing with on their defense. What type of mindset do the Pats have coming into this game. Is the back to back road games and travel going to be a factor. What about the Brady/Obrien blowup.

Bottom line, do you think they cover the -6 ?

Any more insight then already given is appreciated.

I wouldn't touch the game. I could see the Pats beating the 6 if they get an early lead and force Denver out of what they do well, but Denver is at home and it will probably be a close game.

I do think the Pats can move the ball on Denver, who has improved against the run but you can pass the ball on them. Denver has been hurt by TE and slot receivers, so I think the Pats match up pretty well there. Denver's defense has played well and they can rush the passer, but they have allowed 63% completions against and 22 passing TDs. I think the Pats will score a pretty good amount of points, especially if Denver doesn't dominate the clock. Unless Brady goes on an interception streak or something, which happens at times but I don't see it now.

That said, if Denver runs well they can control the clock and tempo. That would mean a close game or even an outright Denver win. I expect them to load up against the run and stay disciplined in their pass rush, trying to keep Tebow in the pocket. Tebow may hit some plays in the passing game, but they probably don't see him sustaining drives that way. If Tebow throws for 300+ yards the Pats can win, but if Denver runs for 150+ they have a good chance of the upset.

I don't really have a good feel either way. The Pats defense may get Patrick Chung back this week, which is a huge bonus. Brandon Spikes may return as well, which would help. That said, they played poorly last week in Washington, even by their standards, so I don't feel great about them shutting down Denver.

HAMMER
12-13-2011, 07:25 PM
NE is going to crush Denver, get real people.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Tebow = Vick in his first year starting basically.

I have to admit I was wrong about the guy, he just wins. I'm sure Denver would like more consistency out of him than just the last 10 minutes of games but if it's working, it's working.

Against a team like NE though, I don't think 10 minutes of him showing up is enough for the Broncos to win.

Canadian'eh!
12-13-2011, 09:12 PM
wow, i watched that entire thing and i'm actually way more interested in Underwood's hair now.

Seriously.... is he bringing back the hightop fade? Is going to keep it going to Kid N' Play levels? I need to know these things.

better days
12-13-2011, 11:14 PM
NE is going to crush Denver, get real people.

Well, I heard the Jets were going to crush Denver. Then I heard the Chargers were going to crush Denver. Then I heard the Bears were going to crush Denver.

But why don't you bet your next 6 months mortgage money on the Pats* to beat Denver Sunday?