PDA

View Full Version : Should we be thinking about coaching change?

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Of course D Coordinator has to go but should Gailey be worried?

EDS
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Gailey has nothing to worry about as long as Nix is GM.

Skooby
12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Gailey has nothing to worry about as long as Nix is GM.

This is the case in full effect.

Historian
12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
And replace him with who Thurm?

Nobody wants to work for Wilson and his inner circle of idiots.

Nobody.

Even the Canadians don't want to coach here.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Gailey deserves 3 years. If Dickless can get 3, then Gailey gets at least that. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

DraftBoy
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
He is definitely on the hot seat and if we don't win again his job is in real jeopardy. However I think he will get one more year but he needs a major turnaround next year.

Novacane
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Should he be worried? Yes but agree with others. Who else is going to want to come work for Ralph and his band of idiots? That will save Chans job.

OpIv37
12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Gailey will not get fired and it has nothing to do with whether or not he deserves it.

Remember, Ralph gave Jauron a huge contract extension shortly before he was fired.

We are lucky enough that Ralph is paying one guy to not coach the team. There is no way in hell that he will pay two guys to not coach the team.

Record, injuries, lack of talent provided by Nix... none of that matters. It comes down to Ralph's wallet.

RedEyE
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I think we've seen what Gailey is capable of doing when he has the right caliber of player and when the team is executing his plays to practiced perfection.

My biggest concern is that Gailey appears to not be much of a motivator.

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
And replace him with who Thurm?

Nobody wants to work for Wilson and his inner circle of idiots.

Nobody.

Even the Canadians don't want to coach here.
Yeah I hear you....

ublinkwescore
12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
this team could be sooooo damn awesome if we can somehow get Wade back as a d coordinator. let gailey focus on his offense, and let wade fix our D. but we need to draft some serious depth that actually belongs in the nfl. after we lost our big name starters is when the wheels came off. I still support gailey.

BillsFanCupp38
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Gailey stays for at least one more year... But man we need to do something about that horrific defense...

justasportsfan
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
I just hope that if Gailey starts turning things around early next season no extending of contracts mid season please. Everyone seems to disappearwhen we do.

Extremebillsfan247
12-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Of course D Coordinator has to go but should Gailey be worried?An Owner change would be nice. Lets face it, this team will never be good again as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner of it. I've been one of his biggest supporters on here, but enough is enough. Ralph has to go if this team is ever going to be relevant again. JMO

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
If the Bills lose out I don't see how they can't at least be strongly considering making a complete coaching change. Break the contract with Fitzputrid and use that money to pay 10 million dollars a year to Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher.

imbondz
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM
i'm still a Chan fan. If Edwards is still here next season, then they all need to go. Something ain't right if he's not fired

better days
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
If the Bills lose out I don't see how they can't at least be strongly considering making a complete coaching change. Break the contract with Fitzputrid and use that money to pay 10 million dollars a year to Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher.

Cowher already turned the Bills down. I would love to see Fisher in Buffalo. As much as I like Chan, I would cut bait with him in a heartbeat for Fisher.

I would not be surprised to see both coach in Fla next year with the Jags & Fins jobs both open.

Also the Chiefs have an opening & Giants may have an opening as well as the Cowboys & Eagles.

YardRat
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I'll stick with Chan for one more season at this point, unless he fails to properly address the DC position this off season, sooner rather than later.

The longer George Edwards is employed by the team, the closer I will get to demanding Gailey's head on a platter.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Cowher already turned the Bills down. I would love to see Fisher in Buffalo. As much as I like Chan, I would cut bait with him in a heartbeat for Fisher.

I would not be surprised to see both coach in Fla next year with the Jags & Fins jobs both open.

Also the Chiefs have an opening & Giants may have an opening as well as the Cowboys & Eagles.
I think everyone knows or should know Bill Cowher turned the Bills and everyone else down at that point in time in his life because his wife was dying of cancer. There is no telling whether or not he would be open to coaching the Bills currently.

better days
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I think everyone knows or should know Bill Cowher turned the Bills and everyone else down at that point in time in his life because his wife was dying of cancer. There is no telling whether or not he would be open to coaching the Bills currently.

Good point.

T-Long
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I would be floored if Gailey got canned...but he should get canned if the team loses 9 straight after a 5-2 start. That is flat out unacceptable.

But as long as Nix is the GM, Gailey will be the head coach. Edwards is as good as gone, with Wanny probably getting the promotion. I would rather see a true 3-4 coach with a good background get the gig from outside the organization...but I doubt that happens either.

I would like to see Whaley get the full-time GM gig

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Why do you think Gailey is so safe with Buddy as the GM?

T-Long
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Why do you think Gailey is so safe with Buddy as the GM?
Because he is the one who hired him and he is a "good ol' boy". Honestly, I would be absolutely stunned if Gailey gets canned after this season. Buddy is not going to try and rebuild a coaching staff when he still thinks Gailey is the guy. They will can Edwards and spin it that the defense was the major problem (which it really has been all year) and then vow that a full offseason will get this team over the hump.

better days
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Because he is the one who hired him and he is a "good ol' boy". Honestly, I would be absolutely stunned if Gailey gets canned after this season. Buddy is not going to try and rebuild a coaching staff when he still thinks Gailey is the guy. They will can Edwards and spin it that the defense was the major problem (which it really has been all year) and then vow that a full offseason will get this team over the hump.

Yeah, but I don't think it is really a spin to blame much of the Bills failures the last two years on Edwards, more like fact.

Lone Stranger
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
I think we've seen what Gailey is capable of doing when he has the right caliber of player and when the team is executing his plays to practiced perfection.

My biggest concern is that Gailey appears to not be much of a motivator.

Your last comment is worthy of much deliberation. When he states that his team has lost confidence, isn't that part of his job to instill same?
He has made several comments of a similar nature over the past few weeks which, though candid, reflect poorly on his ability to motivate this team.
I am losing confidence in him.

PTI
12-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Tony Sparano and Todd Haley did better than Chan Gailey and got canned. Gailey should be fired too.

cookie G
12-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, if he does, that makes a nice scape goat for Buddy.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Gailey and Nix should have never been hired.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Gailey should be fired for saying that he 100% still believes in Fitzputrid on the news today at 6. If that reallly is true he should be fired just for being a dumb ass.

OpIv37
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM

No one knows.

But, he's a SB winning coach. I'd be shocked if he'd be willing to risk his reputation by getting involved with this ****ing train wreck.

Cleve
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Gailey should be fired for saying that he 100% still believes in Fitzputrid on the news today at 6. If that reallly is true he should be fired just for being a dumb ass.

How can he 'believe' in him? he's a low 80s to high 70s rating QB. His stats, long term, will put him squarely in the bottom 1/3rd of starting QBs. Did he even look at the 'tape' of Fitzpatrick's performance yesterday? He had a QB rating of 31.4 In his last six games, Fitzpatrick has 3 games BELOW a rating of 50. That's abysmal.

What I believe is this... he will play at the level of a bottom 1/3rd quarterback - and that will NOT win you playoff games or championships, even if the rest of the team was superb.

Syderick
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
How can he 'believe' in him? he's a low 80s to high 70s rating QB. His stats, long term, will put him squarely in the bottom 1/3rd of starting QBs. Did he even look at the 'tape' of Fitzpatrick's performance yesterday? He had a QB rating of 31.4 In his last six games, Fitzpatrick has 3 games BELOW a rating of 50. That's abysmal.

What I believe is this... he will play at the level of a bottom 1/3rd quarterback - and that will NOT win you playoff games or championships, even if the rest of the team was superb.

Mark Sanchez and the Jets
Alex Smith and the 49ers

jamze132
12-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Gailey gets one more year. If we don't have a meaningful WK17 next year, he's gone. Probably Nix too.

RedEyE
12-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Your last comment is worthy of much deliberation. When he states that his team has lost confidence, isn't that part of his job to instill same?
He has made several comments of a similar nature over the past few weeks which, though candid, reflect poorly on his ability to motivate this team.
I am losing confidence in him.

In the same breath (and I could be wrong; but) it seems that NFL players are at a level in which they need to be motivating themselves. There are several players across the league that do not need to rely on coaching to instill motivation. The players have a job to do and therfore must perform to expectations.

There are also several key leaders on this team that have provided motivation simply by getting it done on the field. Fitz being one of them (though his performances have been significantly lack luster as of late). Jackson and Wilson are two others. Both sides of the ball seemed to deflate when both of these individuals went down with injury.

It seems that Gailey is responsible of igniting a spark under this team when facing adverse situations. But it's inevitably up to the players to respond positively. And there in lies the problem.

I think that Gailey can get a positive reponse out of his defense if he were to let Edwards go and promote Wanny today. It could also send a message to the offense that Gailey is serious about winning and anyone that stands in the way of preventing it from happening can find the door.

Jan Reimers
12-13-2011, 06:17 AM
No coach could win consistently with the Bills' current level of talent and depth, coupled with our injuries.

Chan did well to win 5 games early, given our situation.

That being said, if I were the owner and had Terry Pagula's money, I would do a thorough house cleaning of the FO, coaching staff and team, if only to remove all remnants of the last, disastrous 12 years.

Historian
12-13-2011, 06:20 AM
You know...I'm sorry...but if that idiot Norv Turner can still have a HC position after he's been a perrennial loser everywhere he's ever coached...Wanny can at least be promoted to DC.

One day this league is going to figure out that Turner is a fraud.

I sometimes wonder if he has naked pictures of George Halas and Vince Lombardi together in a turkish bath.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2011, 06:26 AM
No coach would win with the lack of talent provided to them. That being said, the coach is the 1st person held accountable. He should be fired.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I could be ok with Chan staying on as Head coach but the defense must be addressed.....

mysticsoto
12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
No coach would win with the lack of talent provided to them. That being said, the coach is the 1st person held accountable. He should be fired.

Firing the coach would probably set us back another decade. We had snips of progress early in the season before all the injuries. Let's get a pass rush and people back from injuries and then make a better judgement.

better days
12-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Gailey and Nix should have never been hired.

Who would you have hired instead? Or would you have kept things status quo with your boy Dickie Jauron?

Figster
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Myself personally, As long as everyone is on the same page going into the 2012 season I'm happy with our current GM/HC. In my opinion the bigger is better mentality is a big step in the makings of a better Football team. I would however make a change at DC. ( Wanny )

When I say on the same page I mean the Buffalo Bills still need a franchise QB...

Jan Reimers
12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Myself personally, As long as everyone is on the same page going into the 2012 season I'm happy with our current GM/HC. In my opinion the bigger is better mentality is a big step in the makings of a better Football team. I would however make a change at DC. ( Wanny )

When I say on the same page I mean the Buffalo Bills still need a franchise QB...
I'm not at all convinced that Chan/Buddy are on the "Buffalo Bills still need a franchise QB" page, or that Ralph will even allow them to open that book.

Figster
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm not at all convinced that Chan/Buddy are on the "Buffalo Bills still need a franchise QB" page, or that Ralph will even allow them to open that book.

If Cam Newton would have been available at #3, NIx/Gailey pull the trigger,

nothings changed...

mysticsoto
12-13-2011, 10:10 AM

Fitz has by no means played great since his contract. But there have also been an inordinate amt of dropped passes by receivers too.

That being said, I still think we need to be a run first team. I've been advocating this since before Mularkey claimed he was going to turn us into a smash mouth football team - still waiting for it...

Bill Cody
12-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Gailey gets another year. But I really hope we draft the QB of the future in the 1st round next year. Then when we do fire Gailey we will actually be able to give a talented coach some hope that we can win someday.

mrbojanglezs
12-13-2011, 11:12 AM
He is definitely on the hot seat and if we don't win again his job is in real jeopardy. However I think he will get one more year but he needs a major turnaround next year.

False. He will finish out his contract

BertSquirtgum
12-13-2011, 08:01 PM
False. He will finish out his contract

Good to know we have people on the inside at OBD. Who told you that Buddy Nix himself?

Canadian'eh!
12-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Been saying it for years. Bills need an organizational enema.

Ralph all the way down to that midget trainer need to be gone.

Cleve
12-14-2011, 10:09 AM
We're stuck with GaIley for at least 3 years. Ralph Wilson seems to like these 3 year cycles of futility. The only reason Mularkey didn't last 3 was he left on his own.

There was a reason Jim Rome, back in January of 2010, played a 'losing' musical cue from a game show when he said that Chan Gailey was Buffalo's new coach. Most national-level sports authorities were not on board with the hiring.