PDA

View Full Version : Bills RAISE parking prices!

Michael82
06-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Apparently, the Bills decided tp make more money from us Bills fans. Parking is going up to $15 per car and they are getting more strict with some of the rules for the lot.

http://buffalobills.com/facility/index.cfm?cont_id=62907&show_right_rail=no

Tailgating is permitted at all stadium parking lots. Stadium lots open four hours before the game and close approximately two hours following the game. Vehicles may occupy ONLY ONE parking space. Additional spaces may be purchased depending upon availability. For everyone to enjoy the tailgating experience, guests are asked to follow these guidelines:

1. No saving of parking spaces is allowed.
2. Guests should tailgate in front or behind their vehicle only.
3. Guests are asked to be considerate of other’s vehicles.
4. Guests are asked to dispose of all trash in proper receptacles and to extinguish their flames and grills.
5. Guests are asked not to block or impede other vehicles from exiting after a game.
6. Disorderly guests are subject to ejection from the parking lot premises and to criminal prosecution.

BillsFever
06-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Bastards

Michael82
06-30-2003, 05:52 PM
:snicker: :evil:

BillsFever
06-30-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm sure the people who have people park in their yards are loving it. They can all raise their prices now.

mikemac2001
06-30-2003, 06:01 PM
think about it do you really think they are gonna have people enforcing most of the rules.....the price Yes but the others i doubt it..

BillsFever
06-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Nobody cares what you do as long as you're not causing anybody else problems.

Michael82
06-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Nobody cares what you do as long as you're not causing anybody else problems.

Last year, someone actually had the gall to ask us to pay for another parking spot where our tent and grill was. We told them to shove it and look at the other people who are doing it. The next thing you know...they left and we didn't end up paying. :snicker:

BillsFever
06-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Last year, someone actually had the gall to ask us to pay for another parking spot where our tent and grill was. We told them to shove it and look at the other people who are doing it. The next thing you know...they left and we didn't end up paying. :snicker:

I can see where they should be mad at that. It pisses me off when I'm circling around the parking lot trying to find a space, and there's tons of them if there wasn't for people taking up 2 or 3 spaces.

It's ok if it's a BFZ tailgate though :D

Pride
06-30-2003, 06:22 PM
They are probably doing it expecting HUGE numbers this year for every home game. A championship caliber team does that. It will also promote people to carpool... which is a GREAT idea!

Michael82
06-30-2003, 06:23 PM
It was the BFZ squish the fish tailgate and there was so many other people taking up more than one spot. Plus there was some people blocking the driveway part, so cars couldnt get thru. Ally had to get around all these different tailgate people just to get to our party.

Dozerdog
06-30-2003, 06:39 PM
I hate to break it to you Mike, but The cost of Bills Season tix and the new costs for parking are still the cheapest in the league. Go pay $25-$30 to park at Gillette.

And I've always thought that tailgaters should be entitled to the parking spot for the car and 3-6 feet off the rear bumper for tailgating. If you are going to put up a tent, grill, lawn chairs, keg, barrel of burning wood, ect...ect... and take parking away from others you should pay extra.

Hmmm.... take a 25,000 car lot, but only put 10,000 cars in it because of selfish tailgaters taking up 2-3 spots, then your parking revenue goes down. If everyone takes up the space they are entitled to, then your 25,000 car lot will generate more parking money, thus no need to raise prices.

$15 is still an NFL basement price.

Michael82
06-30-2003, 06:50 PM
yeah, it is pretty cheap. But it is still pretty low for them to raise the tickets and parking all in one year. :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
06-30-2003, 06:52 PM
when was the last parking increase?

4-5 years ago? Why is it low and underhanded?

Michael82
06-30-2003, 06:53 PM
And Dozer...I hate to break it to you, too....but it we all did this last year. We took up an extra parking spot for the Miami game last season and didn't pay extra because of the fact that no one else is paying extra.

Dozerdog
06-30-2003, 06:55 PM
The only complaint I woulod have is that they should announce both increases simultaneously so you know the oulay out front.

Michael82
06-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
when was the last parking increase?

4-5 years ago? Why is it low and underhanded?

Because of the fact that they have to raise it another 5 bucks and raise the tickets another 3-5 bucks per ticket all on the same year. You wanna know why? They are taking advantage. All the excitement and all that stuff, plus with Drew Bledsoe...they figure they will sell more tickets now than they have for years.

Dozerdog
06-30-2003, 06:57 PM
And Dozer...I hate to break it to you, too....but it we all did this last year. We took up an extra parking spot for the Miami game last season and didn't pay extra because of the fact that no one else is paying extra.

I have had no issues paying the extra if we take up a spot - I have in the past and would expect to in the future

Michael82
06-30-2003, 06:58 PM

I have had no issues paying the extra if we take up a spot - I have in the past and would expect to in the future

as long as everybody else in the lot is forced to do the same thing. I agree.

Dozerdog
06-30-2003, 07:01 PM

Because of the fact that they have to raise it another 5 bucks and raise the tickets another 3-5 bucks per ticket all on the same year. You wanna know why? They are taking advantage. All the excitement and all that stuff, plus with Drew Bledsoe...they figure they will sell more tickets now than they have for years.

Your point was that the Bills are chiseling the fans- I'm contending they are still charging less than most if not all clubs for seats, parking, and for that matter, refreshments.

The_Philster
06-30-2003, 07:08 PM
I don't like the rise in costs but it is still cheap compared to other stadiums so I guess we shouldn't complain much.

As far as the rules that you posted, Mikey...they have been in place for years. I've parked in the same spots for all 7 years I've had season tickets and no one has ever had a problem with saved spots as long as the cars show up before the rest of the lot fills up...and as far as the time guidelines...they said they'd enforce those tighter a few years ago...but Kenny still shows up at 6am and I show up at 8...with no problems.

Michael82
06-30-2003, 07:15 PM
True....I thought the rules were a little different, but I guess you are right Phil! :up:

Michael82
06-30-2003, 07:30 PM

Your point was that the Bills are chiseling the fans- I'm contending they are still charging less than most if not all clubs for seats, parking, and for that matter, refreshments.

I thought they had an article in the D&C or USA Today a couple weeks ago about this. The Bills are a little below average in ticket prices. They are now above average in parking prices. Also, the food is lower...however, their beer is a little higher than average. :D Let me find that article...BRB.

Demon
06-30-2003, 08:05 PM
I don't mind them raising parking tickets at all. I mean, it's not like Ralph Wilson is taking the money and using it on himself. I can keep paying more if they keep signing players like Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes.

If prices went up and we didn't try to improve on our roster in the off-season then i would have a problem with it.

WG
07-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Heck, I don't think it's that big a deal. Dozer's right, there are a lot of inconsiderate people in the lot saving spots for folks who don't get there until it's highly inconvenient to drive around looking for spots in a lot where partying is going on, or those who never show up altogether.

I just wonder how they're gonna enforce all that. It would be a shame if they "directed" everyone as to where to park and that's the one thing that would PO me. It would mean that you couldn't tell folks where you were ahead of time. Such an instruction I would probably ignore and just drive to where I wanted to and park in accordance w/ all the other guidelines. I have no trouble paying for a spot for at TG setup!

Actually, I'm thinkin' this year we drive over to the rail where we were last year and leave a spot between the cars and the rail for our set up. That way we have no one on the other side b/c the rail is there. Plus, we could use the rail to sit on. Nothin' like a nice frozen rail on a frozen mid-December day to sit on. :D

All-in-all, the NFL is still a great value for sports fans. Think about it; for ~ $45 or so (good seats), $5 for parking (split 3-ways w/ car occupants), and $15 more for food/drink, you spend ~ $65-70 for an entire day of fun w/ friends and fellow Bills fans!

For $70 I can get the worst Skins ticket if you can even get your hands on one for face value. Nothing else.

For $70 I can get a decent ticket to Caps game. The game, that's it. NO TGing. In and out for the game.

Same for the Wizards!

The O's now run ~$30-40 for halfway decent seats too, and I don't think I'll have any trouble convincing anyone that a single football game is ten times as exciting as a regular season baseball game.

So for $70 or so, plus another $5-10 inside for drinks, for an entire day from 7 a.m. until 7 or 8 p.m. after you get home, I think that's an exceptional value! That's on the high side for the Bills too. Costs can easily be trimmed to less than that for food/drink.

Lone Stranger
07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Parking is still cheap compared to most NFL cities. We are all caught in the captive market syndrome and might as well get used to it.

WG
07-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but the Bills also need to be careful! We can't compare Washington, D.C. and its metro area to Buffalo and UNY. Incomes are hugely different as are the amount of wealth here/there. UNY is largely depressed economically and has been for a while. D.C. is recession proof so they say and from what I've seen, they're not incorrect.

I'm sure there's a line where if the Bills cross it, it will have a negative impact than what they think it should have. As well, one thing in Buffalo that I've noticed moreso than in any other NFL city that I know people at or have been to, is that many Buffalonians/UNYs are perfectly content to simply watch the game at home on TV if given the opportunity! People here in D.C. and Baltimore prefer to go to it. It's reflective in the scalping prices. Outside the Ravens stadium, you can find tix at less than face, but it's not a gimme. At the Skins, if you can get them for face you're very lucky. In Buffalo, I can get $5 or $10 tix outside for any game I want including playoff games. That may change this year, but I'd still wager that PO tix for face can be easily acquired outside the stadium on game day.

The Bills FO needs to watch that "fine line." It could hurt them!

Which is why IMO a 10-6+ season is imperative. Fans are gonna lose hope if we're only 8-8 or 9-7 again.

BillsNYC
07-01-2003, 12:17 PM

hes simply taking advantage of a business opportunity

WG
07-01-2003, 12:37 PM
$15 is not unreasonable for parking. Presumably there are 3 or 4 people in every car, and if not, there should be. That's only a few bucks a head.

SoCalBillsFan
07-01-2003, 01:25 PM
whiners! If I could pay 15 bucks to go to a game, you better believe i'd be there. :D

G. Host
07-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
$15 is not unreasonable for parking. Presumably there are 3 or 4 people in every car, and if not, there should be. That's only a few bucks a head.
Really? So if I need only a single ticket for a game I should buy an additional two or three just to make it right? Usually when I am not going to opener I am flying in and have no one to go with.

What justifies the raise in cost?
The market will bear it?

If Buffalo and Bills provided dependable metro transportation as they had promised quite a long time ago you would not need to drive but they don't. Very odd since Buffalo transit authority is spending money to advertise at games.

LtBillsFan66
07-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm riding my bike to the game.

Dozerdog
07-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by G. Host

Really? So if I need only a single ticket for a game I should buy an additional two or three just to make it right? Usually when I am not going to opener I am flying in and have no one to go with.

What justifies the raise in cost?
The market will bear it?

If Buffalo and Bills provided dependable metro transportation as they had promised quite a long time ago you would not need to drive but they don't. Very odd since Buffalo transit authority is spending money to advertise at games.

Where do you park the plane? :jk:

MDFINFAN
07-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Hey Wys, maybe we should invite them down here and take them to a skins games, provided we get the tickets and let them see how life is in this area is..YOU guys are getting off cheap if what I'm reading about your ticket prices and parking is what you're saying, plus some of you have actually blowed off the attendances when asking to pay for 2 spaces...Man ol Man, come here and try that. If you want to enjoy the Skins game, for one person you're talking a $80-100 for ticket and parking, that doesn't include the food. And the skins still have a 15 year waiting list on season tickets.

chubluv
07-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm riding my bike to the game.

Me to !!!!!!!!!

BillsFever
07-02-2003, 04:09 AM
I usually average about $125 a game.

Ticket- $48
Half of Gasoline and Parking- $13
Alcohol and Buds- $50-sometimes more :snicker:
Food- $15

Watching the Bills game with 75,000 of your closest friends...PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voltron
07-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Well this will be only my second game EVER on opening day. I will be at 3 others besides that. Where is the spot to be for parking? What time do you all get there? I am driving from Rochester how long does it take? I have lots of questions about all of this :D

Ð
07-02-2003, 09:57 AM
You gotta hit the general parking off of big tree road, look for Kenny's red pinto, just be careful for the flying ketchup, and people who want to touch your helmet.

Michael82
07-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
Well this will be only my second game EVER on opening day. I will be at 3 others besides that. Where is the spot to be for parking? What time do you all get there? I am driving from Rochester how long does it take? I have lots of questions about all of this :D

Wys and I usually meet up at the Tops Store in Henrietta, right next to 590. If you contact me or him before the game...we can meet with you to go to the game. We usually get there by 9am or so and park right in lot #1, I think. It's right on the visitors side of the stadium. When we get closer to the game, directions will be given. :D

Dozerdog
07-02-2003, 01:41 PM
BTW- my buddy Chuck just bought & Built a new home approx 1.5 miles from the stadium right over the town line in Hamburg. EWe'll probably meet up there and consolidate vehicles / party stuff and move in to the lots from there.

Typ0
07-02-2003, 03:00 PM

as long as everybody else in the lot is forced to do the same thing. I agree.

I don't think that is a very good attitude really. Forget about what other people are doing and worry about what you are doing.

And I was at the game where they made us pay for the extra spot and I was quite upset. But I wasn't upset about paying for the spot we were using it so paying for it is not big deal. But I have been going to games for years and never had to pay before. Don't come over to me suddenly after we have a deep fryer, two grills, a tent and a whole bunch of other **** set up and suddenly tell me we have to pay for that spot. Then we have no choices. What if we didn't have the extra ten bucks? Then what are we going to do with a 400 degree bucket of pending burns? That's what I didn't like about it. Let us know there has been a policy change so we can chose how we want to work with the change. No problem.

doug45
07-03-2003, 06:46 AM
A 50% increase in a sigle year!! That's nuts!! It already cost too much for someone to see any athletic event these days and they wonder why people don't go to the games.

If you go to all the games like I do you are talking $150.00 just to park your car. When I got out of High School it cost $80.00 a year for a season ticket in the end zone. In the last 5 years my sesaon ticket has increased by almost $200.00 a YEAR. How much more do these multi millionaires need.

The same thing happened to the Sabers, you go now and the place is half empty. You had to fight to get a seat in the past.

Bills Managment:badboy: