Good signing. He has played well. More stability is a good thing

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Re: Erik Pears signs extension

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
      Good signing. He has played well. More stability is a good thing
      may not be the best lineman in the world but has been as solid as anyone else on the line this year, so may as well keep the ones who are playing the best.

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

I like the signing hopefully this starts the resigning time and we can lock up Chandler and Stevie and maybe some depth players.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Oh good. The FO now has their excuse to not spend money on a more talented but more expensive offensive lineman in FA.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Oh good. The FO now has their excuse to not spend money on a more talented but more expensive offensive lineman in FA.
            Pears played pretty well for us this season.

Profootballweekly had him rated as the 3rd highest right tackle in terms of pass pro and run block.

I agree there are better tackles, but at least we know we will not be drafting a RT early.

I am hoping Bell plays well these last three games and earns one more year in BLO, so we do not have to draft a OT early.

I want us to go defense hard and early and get another interior OL and late OT to compete with Sam Young for the 4th tackle spot.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I think Pears has played good for the most part. Him and Levitre are the least of the worries on the O-line, IMO.

Comment

• User Manuel
                The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                • Nov 2003

So, we criticize them for signing a stable part of the line? If you can, in any way, point to Erik Pears as one of the problems on this team, I would listen.

Come on OP at least make sense with the criticism.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I'd rather we spend it on an FA at a position of greater need.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    I think Pears has played good for the most part. Him and Levitre are the least of the worries on the O-line, IMO.
                    Agreed, along with Wood.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Pears was going to be a UFA after this year. Do we really want to let him walk and have yet another hole to fill??? Some people here are just ******ed...he needed to be signed. He's played decent and we have large holes to fill on defense. The last thing we need is another hole elsewhere to have to fill.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        I'd rather we spend it on an FA at a position of greater need.
                        A good FO would sign Pears then either sign another RT and use Pears as depth or let Pears stay at RT and find an upgrade at RG.

But, the Bills will sign Pears and use injuries as the excuse for the OL problems this year so they don't have to spend any money beyond that.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

A good FO would sign Pears then either sign another RT and use Pears as depth or let Pears stay at RT and find an upgrade at RG.

But, the Bills will sign Pears and use injuries as the excuse for the OL problems this year so they don't have to spend any money beyond that.
                          The original 5 Olinemen weren't the problem. Not having depth was. X-era and I brought this up back in July/August. That's a valid criticism. But criticizing them for signing a Tackle who's playing decent is NOT!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            The original 5 Olinemen weren't the problem. Not having depth was. X-era and I brought this up back in July/August. That's a valid criticism. But criticizing them for signing a Tackle who's playing decent is NOT!
                            Yeah, well, everyone on this board wants to re-sign every FA that we have. I just wonder how we're going to win by re-signing the same old guys.

We have two seasons' worth of Gailey and Nix drafts with very little to show for it. In terms of FA's that they've brought in, Barnett and Chandler have been good, Dwan Edwards and Brad Smith have been decent, that's about it.

What this team should do is lock up the talent they have, then add talent through FA while using the draft to build depth and get talent for the future. What will actually happen as long as Ralph is pulling the strings is that they will re-sign a young guy like Pears and use that as an excuse to not do anything else about the position in FA.

Then, one of two things will happen: Pears will either hit a slump, or someone on the OL will get injured, forcing a re-shuffling of the entire OL because we have no depth. If Pears isn't the one who gets hurt, he'll be held back because he's getting moved all over the place.

It's the Buffalo way. Thanks Ralph.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

I am glad we got Pears back, and we should assume Urbik will be back since he is a restricted FA. That leaves us with 4 starters returning.

What happens at LT remains to be seen.

I also want them to draft another interior OL and OT as well, but later.

We need defensive help BAD.

The OL was great till Wood went down. We all saw what happened to the Jets when they did not have Mangold they lost the three games without him.

Center is an important position and we have a good one as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X