PDA

View Full Version : Taking first-team QB reps for Miami today ...

Philagape
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Pat Devlin!

Losman let it slip that he actually didn’t take the majority of practice reps Wednesday, saying those actually went to Pat Devlin, the practice squad rookie from Delaware.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_seasonticket/2011/12/miami-dolphins-qb-j-p-losman-prepares-for-his-long-awaited-return-to-buffalo.html

BertSquirtgum
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow Losman, you really blow.

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2011, 07:19 AM
What? How can a practice squad player take first team reps? Is that allowed? Don't they have to be activated to the roster?

Johnny Bugmenot
12-15-2011, 08:02 AM
What? How can a practice squad player take first team reps? Is that allowed? Don't they have to be activated to the roster?

It's a practice squad. They can do anything they want-- in practice. Of course, having a guy who isn't on the active roster assuming the role of the first-string quarterback, even in practice, is kind of stupid. Then again, this is Miami.

Philagape
12-15-2011, 08:08 AM
I would think they have to activate him if Moore can't go because Losman's their only other healthy QB.

trapezeus
12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
this whole thing is so tragic. the fact that losman or a practice squader are going to lead their team to a win hurts. Why can't moore just play and hand the ball off. he won't get touched, they'll run for 200 yards and win.

We'll get the lower seeding like we like, and not have our pathetic lows beaten down even further. status quo beatings are in order.

better days
12-15-2011, 09:32 AM
It's a practice squad. They can do anything they want-- in practice. Of course, having a guy who isn't on the active roster assuming the role of the first-string quarterback, even in practice, is kind of stupid. Then again, this is Miami.

It would be pointless to waste practice time with the 1st string unless they plan to activate him.

DolfanTom
12-15-2011, 10:21 AM
I would think they have to activate him if Moore can't go because Losman's their only other healthy QB.
This

DolfanTom
12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm conflicted for this game. On one hand, I'm making my annual trip, and I want to see the Dolphins win. On the other, if they lose this, they ain't winning again this year as currently constituted (Pats, Jets), so we'd be 4-12, and in a much better draft position.

So, basically, it's the difference between 4-12 and 5-11, which can mean a 4-5 draft spot difference.

I guess I'll root for the win in what I'm certain will be a pathetic game, but won't get all that torn up about losing if they do (which they do most of the time when I'm there ... so hey, good news for you guys!).

SquishDaFish
12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
They are just preparing him in case i imagine

Mike13
12-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Either way this is not going to be a fun game to watch.

TigerJ
12-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Miami can activate Devlin any time before the game, and can use practice squad players in practice any way they want.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Of course, practice-squadders are free agents, so the Bills could offer Devlin a contract at any time, too... *snickers*

Bill Cody
12-15-2011, 11:19 AM
It would be pointless to waste practice time with the 1st string unless they plan to activate him.

Maybe they only stand to watch Losman for so long.

DolfanTom
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
From one of the Phin beat writers:

Benjamin Volin @BenVolinPBP 4m Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Matt Moore was back at #Dolphins practice today, which reinforces our reporting all week that he will start Sunday vs #Bills

trapezeus
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM
this is lining up to be the 6-3 browns game from a few years ago. no one wanted to see it. worst football game ever. two bad teams outbadding each other. only difference, that browns game was early enough in the season that their fans wanted to win. this one is late enough that bills fans want the dolphins to win and the dolphins want the bills to win.

Historian
12-15-2011, 01:04 PM
SQUISH DA FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!Papacrunk!
12-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Matt Moore took most if not all first team snaps today, from what I've read. Barring some setback most expect Moore to start Sunday.

Mad Bomber
12-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Pat Devlin will look like Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady against this defense.

SABURZFAN
12-15-2011, 03:05 PM
they didn't want Lossman to break a nail.

better days
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm conflicted for this game. On one hand, I'm making my annual trip, and I want to see the Dolphins win. On the other, if they lose this, they ain't winning again this year as currently constituted (Pats, Jets), so we'd be 4-12, and in a much better draft position.

So, basically, it's the difference between 4-12 and 5-11, which can mean a 4-5 draft spot difference.

I guess I'll root for the win in what I'm certain will be a pathetic game, but won't get all that torn up about losing if they do (which they do most of the time when I'm there ... so hey, good news for you guys!).

Well, if the Fins win this game, I guarantee the Bills will not win another this year & the Bills will be drafting ahead of Miami.

PTI
12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Well, if the Fins win this game, I guarantee the Bills will not win another this year & the Bills will be drafting ahead of Miami.

I am fine with the Bills losing out at this point. To be honest I actually hope Fitzpatrick remains his same putrid play and the Bills have no option but to take a QB if they want to sell season tickets next year.

better days
12-15-2011, 04:06 PM
I am fine with the Bills losing out at this point. To be honest I actually hope Fitzpatrick remains his same putrid play and the Bills have no option but to take a QB if they want to sell season tickets next year.

When I am watching the game I will root for the Bills to win, but if they lose I won't be upset at all at this point, I will look forward to the higher pick in the draft.