PDA

View Full Version : Bills up to 11th in draft

paladin warrior
12-15-2011, 12:37 AM
The Bills moved up in position for the NFL Draft from 13th to 11th after last weekend's games. Wins by San Diego (over the Bills) and Seattle (on Monday night) moved those teams behind the Bills in the draft order. The Bills still could move up if they lose out and finish 5-11. Indianapolis has a virtual lock on the top spot with an 0-13 record. Minnesota and St. Louis both stand 2-11. There are six teams at 4-9 -- Cleveland, Washington, Jacksonville, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Miami. The Bills, Eagles and Chiefs stand 5-8. Kansas City's schedule currently ranks more difficult than the Bills. Philadelphia's is easier than the Bills. That puts the Eagles at the 10th spot and Chiefs at 12th. Kansas City's foes have 110 wins, Buffalo's 107 and Philly's 102. Miami and Buffalo have almost identical schedules. Miami's foes have 109 wins. But if Miami beats the Bills on Sunday, that adds two more wins to the Bills' strength of schedule. If there is a tie in...http://www.yardbarker.com/images/blue_bullet.gifOriginal Story:http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/typepa... (http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/8702599)

Night Train
12-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Scanning the draft guides for 202 lb. OLB's with some past injury history.

Luisito23
12-15-2011, 05:41 AM
The real question is not who will we take, but how will we mess up this year?

Another scat back perharps?

X-Era
12-15-2011, 06:08 AM
The real question is not who will we take, but how will we mess up this year?

Another scat back perharps?Someone like DraftBoy would correctly point out that this team isn't strong enough at many positions and could go a whole host of directions.

On the other side of the coin, I'd say the priorities are:

OLB
ILB
CB
WR- 2X

To a lesser extent:

OT
Pass rush 3-4 DE
S
QB

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 07:09 AM
We need alot to get this team where it needs to be.
When the injury bug hit we saw what happens to the depth of this team.
Beginning of the year we could stop the run when Kyle and Dareus were out there.
It shows how important Kyle Williams is to this team.

We need outside pass rush bad............
CB
#1 WR
CB
QB
ILB
OLB

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Someone like DraftBoy would correctly point out that this team isn't strong enough at many positions and could go a whole host of directions.

On the other side of the coin, I'd say the priorities are:

OLB
ILB
CB
WR- 2X

To a lesser extent:

OT
Pass rush 3-4 DE
S
QB

Cant disagree with any of this....

jamze132
12-15-2011, 07:55 AM
It's too early in the game to determine who we should take. We have about 17 positions to fill though...

T-Long
12-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Team needs IMO:

OLB (Kelsay and Merriman are prob. done. Both could stay, but aren't answers anymore)
CB (With McGee prob gone and McKelvin more a #2 or #3, we need to address this. I do like Aaron Williams, however.)
WR: (Only if Stevie isn't re-signed. I like the combo of Johnson, Nelson, Smith..but do understand the thought process of wanting to get better here)
QB: (This regime needs to bring in a QB to develop, and not one on Day 3)

I think we are solid on the OL with what we have, so if they address those needs, it would be for depth.

No need for a safety either with Wilson, Byrd, and Searcy. I know Scott is a free agent, but I think they bring him back.

k-oneputt
12-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Scanning the draft guides for 202 lb. OLB's with some past injury history.

Check the Sunbelt Conference. They like using high draft picks from that league. Or Conference USA, or maybe go into James Madison and South Dakata St. We've found some real gems in all those places.

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 08:31 AM
If we stay at #11 here are a few prospects that I like as of today....

WR Alshon Jeffery
CB Dre Kirkpatrick
WR Michael Floyd
QB Landry Jones
DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, why not put a former teammate of Dareus next to him.

I think Stevie is gone so Jeffery and Floyd would be good assets.
I actually like Floyd better, very smooth runner

hemi13
12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Hey guys, you know this team. We will take a RB out of WTF U with our first pick and we will be told he was the best on the board.

:shelby:

HAMMER
12-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, you know this team. We will take a RB out of WTF U with our first pick and we will be told he was the best on the board.

:shelby:

Enough, how many times do I have to hear this lame attempt at humor?

Beebe
12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
:lolabove:

Skooby
12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
We could draft Gidrah from the Godzilla movies, it won't mean a thing until the ownership changes. The Bills have zero motivation to build a winner right now, all they want is profit & to sell local suckers that things have changed.

We will not build a winner in Buffalo, we cannot win even when we are close. Even if there was a hurricane behind Norwood, the winds would temporarily shift to make it wide right. It seems like we're cursed until I see different & different left.

BillsFever21
12-15-2011, 09:15 PM
We have so many holes and undeserving starters on this team there several positions where they need to take the best available player at that position of need. I'd rather have a great player at our #2 or #3 need then reach for an average player at our #1 need.

In no particular order these are our biggest areas of need for the present and future.

OLB
CB
QB
DE

If there is still a franchise QB on the board at that spot we have to take him. If there isn't much of a dropoff from the QB's left and what we could get in the 2nd round then draft the BPA at any of the other positions and get a QB in the 2nd round. Either way we need to come out of this draft with a QB prospect to groom for the future and to give some competition for Fitzpatrick in the meantime because he clearly isn't the answer. He's an average QB that you can win with if you have a Top 10 defense who can consistently hold teams to under 20 points a game but that's about it. The Bills jumped the gun after 3 good games just like they did with Jauron in 2008.

If we can't re-sign Johnson to a fair contract then we need to franchise him and grab a viable WR in the first couple rounds or 3rd at the latest to groom for a year or two. If we end up keeping Johnson after that then it only upgrades that position.

Assuming we end up re-signing both Wood and Levitre when their contracts are coming up we need to look for depth on the OL or possible competition on the line in the middle rounds. Either that or some experienced guys in FA. There are definitely injury concerns with Wood seeing that he's ended up on IR shortly after halfway through the season two out of his 3 seasons. We need to draft or sign a FA Center/Guard who is versatile enough to play either positions as depth. We could also use another LT to compete with Hairston and also add depth to our tackle spot.

This team is so bad and there are so many holes to fill we are still years away as usual. It's just the same old for the Bills. That's what happens when you keep drafting busts or average players in the first couple rounds every year.

A lucky start has too many people thinking we are a close team just like back in 2008 but in reality we are just as bad as last year or at best we are only slightly better. Our defense has been even worse then last year and our offense is about the same as it was at the end of last year.

A team that is close doesn't lose 6 in a row(and 7 of 8) and possibly counting a year after losing 8 games in a row. We played 2 great 2nd halves against the Patriots and Raiders and got a lucky win we were fortunate to hold onto against the Eagles which were also all home games. Had we not been lucky enough to hold onto the Eagles game we would be looking at a 1-9 record since our 3-0 start instead of 2-8 which isn't any better but you get the point.

Our other 2 wins were against teams who couldn't beat anybody at that time. We have only beat 2 teams with a winning record and by the end of the year it's possible that it could only be one team depending on how the Raiders finish. This is a bad team.

You can blame injuries all you want but our major injuries which were Wood and Jackson didn't occur until after we were 5-5 and already on a freefall. This is just a bad team. Don't try and blame injuries as the reason why we suck again and won't be a 10-6 team in the playoffs. The fact is after our 3-0 start our offense slowed down and showed that it was average and our defense never got any better. We had one more game where we got some turnovers against the Eagles or we would be 4-9.

Over them other 4 games until after the Eagles game we were playing towards the best of our capabilities and went 2-2 over that span. The first few games were just a fluke. We played 2 great second halves and that's it. After the Eagles game we totally collapsed and were playing as badly as we did in the 1st half of the Patriots/Raiders game. The only difference was we can only get so many lucky sparks in one season.