X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Stevie Johnson lmost done in Buffalo?

Stevie Johnson could be down to playing his final games with the Buffalo Bills after contract talks broke off a few weeks ago.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Stevie Johnson could be down to playing his final games with the Buffalo Bills after contract talks broke off a few weeks ago.

Though the team's top receiver -- and most colorful player -- would prefer re-signing with the Bills, Johnson is now left pondering the future after the team rejected his last offer.

Based on how negotiations ended, Johnson said the ball is essentially in the Bills' court because there's no reason for him to re-open talks before he's eligible to become a free agent this offseason.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Stevie Johnson lmost done in Buffalo?

OMG ! ( fake concern over an ESPN blog blurb )
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills have the franchise tag. They will not let him go for nothing

Comment

• dannyek71
        Drink Responsibly
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        Bills have the franchise tag. They will not let him go for nothing

With the decisions this organization has made, nothing would surprise me.
        [

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

If they can't come to an agreement with Stevie, I would be fine with franchiseing him. The Bills need to spend some money & keep this guy.

The Pats* wasted over $6 Mill on Ocho this year & he has caught something like 13 passes. I would hate to see Stevie in N.E.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

like i said before, if the bills walk from stevie, i most likely will not watch next season. it's just proof that they want to stay on this stupid circle of developing 3 players off a 52 man roster and let them go for nothing.

with the cap space they have, it's inexcusable if they don't sign him.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by better days
              The Pats* wasted over $6 Mill on Ocho this year & he has caught something like 13 passes. I would hate to see Stevie in N.E.
              The Pats need to re-sign or franchise Welker, so I doubt they sign a big-money FA WR.

That said, if they don't franchise him I would guess he would attract some interest from some WR-needy team. Franchising seems the best option if they can't extend him.

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

The real sad part of this story won't be that we let Stevie sign w/ another team, but the sad part of the story will be who we will replace him with.

This organization pisses me off so much!!
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

My guess is he will get top 15 receiver money. Stevie earned a ton by publicly beating Revis
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Stewie
                    My guess is he will get top 15 receiver money. Stevie earned a ton by publicly beating Revis
                    And that jet crashing thing had to be worth a couple mil right?

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

Stevie is worth $6-8 mil per IMO. I would offer him that for 6 years with easily attained escalators based on games played. Obvious bonus for awards etc.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                        Stevie is worth $6-8 mil per IMO. I would offer him that for 6 years with easily attained escalators based on games played. Obvious bonus for awards etc.
                        And that would be a very fair contract that myself and others have stated numerous times on this board. Some people are willing to give him whatever it takes to keep him even if it means giving him a 6yr-70 million dollar contract with 25-30 million guaranteed money which he obviously isn't worth at this point. I'd love to negotiate a deal for a house, car or pawn shop with them. They would just take the first offer given if they wanted it bad enough.

I would offer him 7-8 million a year and if he isn't willing to accept it then use the franchise tag on him. That would give us a chance to still negotiate with him, find a replacement for him while still having him on the team next year or trade him for a 2nd round draft pick. Either way you get something out of him.

If he thinks he is worth more then that right now or in the future I'd give him 10 million a year on average for a short contract for 2-3 with around 30-35% of it guaranteed.

If he is the real deal he is still very young that when that contract was up he would still be young enough at 27 or 28 years old to get a lucrative long-term deal for even more money on the next deal and would make out from it. If he isn't then we're not tied up in that much guaranteed money and years for him and he loses out on the extra guaranteed money.

We have the upperhand in the negotiations. If he is asking for more then fair market value and isn't willing to budge then we can just franchise him and go from there. It would hurt him more because he would be prolonging his chance to get a substantial amount of guaranteed money and if he gets hurt then he is SOL. So more less the ball is in your court Stevie and not ours. You don't have a say in the matter whether you are here next year or not since we can use the franchise tag on you.
                        Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-15-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

He's looking for nine.

Now play the GM...do you cave and overpay, franchise, or cut loose?
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                            He's looking for nine.

Now play the GM...do you cave and overpay, franchise, or cut loose?
                            Exactly. Is he worth $9M/year? I say no. But do you (over)pay him because he's a talented young WR and his loss creates another hole?

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Well, like I said, the Pats* paid Ocho over $6 Mill this year for about 13 catches so I think the starting price for Stevie is at least $8 Mill. He is both MUCH younger & better than Ocho at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
                              X