PDA

View Full Version : Where is RGIII projected to go in the draft?

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I want the Bill's to get this guy so bad!

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Top 10 from what Im seeing.
I think after the comibine he will be 2nd or 3rd qb GONE.

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
I want the Bill's to get this guy so bad!

I dont think we will have a chance for him, but I like everything about this guy.....

better days
12-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Top 10 from what Im seeing.
I think after the comibine he will be 2nd or 3rd qb GONE.

I have heard the same. I would love the Bills to get him as well, but I agree I doubt he will be there when the Bills pick.

Mski
12-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I want Barkley, i could honestly see all three "top" qb's going in the top 5

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 09:42 AM
I want Barkley, i could honestly see all three "top" qb's going in the top 5

SO could I but it depends on who lands in the top 5 team wise...
ST Louis won't, Carolina won't......

don137
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Indy and Washington will take QBs. Miami will most likely take a QB as well. All currently pick ahead of Buffalo. I truly think we have to stop having average to below average QBs and need to get one of the top three (Luck, Barkley and RGIII) even if it means trading up.

better days
12-15-2011, 09:48 AM
SO could I but it depends on who lands in the top 5 team wise...
ST Louis won't, Carolina won't......

I'm not so sure St Louis won't. With things being shaken up there, Bradford is like a lame duck. So far he has only shown himself to be an injury prone average QB at best. It would not surprise me at all to see the Rams get another QB to give him some competition.

Ickybaluky
12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
He seems ticketed for the top-5, but a lot could change between now and the draft. There are so many QB-needy teams that they will go higher than expected. Just look at last year.

He could get de-railed during the draft process, though. For instance, he is listed at 6-2, but he if measure at the combine an inch or two shorter than that he might drop. Short QB tend to be de-valued in the NFL, even if they are as athletic as him. That is why Drew Brees fell into the top of the 2nd round.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-15-2011, 11:13 AM
One before Buffalo.

TigerJ
12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I like him too. I think he could go as high as #3 but no lower than #10. Depending on how the Bills finish, they could easily have a top 10 pick, but not top 3. I'm guessing Buffalo will probably end up with 6 wins and draft somewhere around 7 or 8. Where RG3 goes may depend in part on whether or not Barkley declares. If Barkley stays in school, that leaves only Luck and RG3 as top 10 QBs. Landry Jones has dropped down to where he's being looked at as a mid first round pick. In that scenario, there's alomost no chance Griffin is there when Buffalo picks. If Barkley declares for the draft, some teams may prefer him over Griffin because Barkley is more polished and comes from a pro style offense. Thus, Buffalo's best shot at Griffin will be by losing out (obviously) and Barkley declaring for the draft.

TigerJ
12-15-2011, 11:26 AM
He seems ticketed for the top-5, but a lot could change between now and the draft. There are so many QB-needy teams that they will go higher than expected. Just look at last year.

He could get de-railed during the draft process, though. For instance, he is listed at 6-2, but he if measure at the combine an inch or two shorter than that he might drop. Short QB tend to be de-valued in the NFL, even if they are as athletic as him. That is why Drew Brees fell into the top of the 2nd round.

Brees also suffered from the fact that he lacks a cannon for an arm, and was not seen as terribly athletic.

I had heard about fears that Griffin might be shorter than his listed height, but on the Heisman show, standing next to the 6'4" Andrew Luck, he did not look much shorter than Luck. So unless Luck is shorter than his listed height I think Griffin's listed height might be legit.

CoolBreeze
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Agreed The more I watch clips of Griffin, the more I drool over that possibility. I personally think he could be the best QB of the three in the NFL. I know I might get slammed for saying that, but honestly why? Barkley comes from USC, and I'm sorry everyone but when I think of USC QBs I get a little sick. I mean Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer....Rob Johnson! Enough said lol. I guess You could say Palmer, and Sanchez are adequate, but nah we all know they suck. Luck on the other hand is most definately talented, but i do believe Luck plays in an easier conference and might be a little overhyped. Then RG3, the man seems to have it all. Athletic, incredibly fast, raised in a military family so disipline will be no problem for him. Also a very smart guy, good grades, good record. I believe he will be top 10.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
One before Buffalo.
Probably right! :(

jamze132
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Buffalo isn't drafting a QB on day 1 or day 2 of the 2012 draft. They are sticking with Fitz for $24 mil worth of guaranteed reasons. We need a flipping OLB!

better days
12-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Dan Patrick had him on his show not too long ago. He asked him if he was REALLY 6'2". Dan said "I don't want to hear at the combine that your really only 6' " RGIII replyed "6'2", every bit of that."

MattyNH
12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Probably right! :(

I'm thinking more like one AFTER Buffalo

Figster
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I still think the Jags go QB despite Gabbert and the Skins are going QB so the top three prospects will be gone before the 7th pick in my opinion.

RG3 would be a great fit for Chan Gailey and the Buffalo Bills...

imbondz
12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
I thought I read that Kiper said he'd go top 10-15.

TigerJ
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Dan Patrick had him on his show not too long ago. He asked him if he was REALLY 6'2". Dan said "I don't want to hear at the combine that your really only 6' " RGIII replyed "6'2", every bit of that."Good to hear. As I said, he passed the eyeball test on the Heisman show.

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm not so sure St Louis won't. With things being shaken up there, Bradford is like a lame duck. So far he has only shown himself to be an injury prone average QB at best. It would not surprise me at all to see the Rams get another QB to give him some competition.

YEA but that was in the OLD football when BRADFORD got paid a trillion $$$$, they are stuck with him like it or not....
They will not draft a QB

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I still think the Jags go QB despite Gabbert and the Skins are going QB so the top three prospects will be gone before the 7th pick in my opinion.

RG3 would be a great fit for Chan Gailey and the Buffalo Bills...

Come on man.....
JAGS are not drafting a QB

k-oneputt
12-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Wash, Miami, Cleveland, Colts are the teams currently ahead of the Bills that will be looking qb.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Colt mccoy would be good if he had any help around him.

don137
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
This upcoming draft reminds me of the draft a few years ago when Big Ben, Eli and Rivers came out. The Bills drafted just far enough away to miss out on them. We end up with JP. Ugh....

better days
12-15-2011, 03:42 PM
YEA but that was in the OLD football when BRADFORD got paid a trillion $$$$, they are stuck with him like it or not....
They will not draft a QB

Great point about the contract. The Rams are on the hook for $50 Mill guaranteed. I doubt he is ever worth that kind of money. That GM should be fired.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2011, 03:50 PM
If the Bills have the chance to draft one of the top three quarterbacks and don't, I will choose another team to follow.

The Jokeman
12-15-2011, 06:11 PM
This upcoming draft reminds me of the draft a few years ago when Big Ben, Eli and Rivers came out. The Bills drafted just far enough away to miss out on them. We end up with JP. Ugh....
We could have not traded up and gotten Matt Schaub in Round 3.

Ground Chuck
12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
No. We jhave bigger problems than QB. We need a LT or the best passrusher in the draft

B-DON
12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
If the Bills have the chance to draft one of the top three quarterbacks and don't, I will choose another team to follow.
Do us all a favor and choose another team now please

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Great point about the contract. The Rams are on the hook for $50 Mill guaranteed. I doubt he is ever worth that kind of money. That GM should be fired.

Hard to say that when he was rated the best player coming out.
We can go back before that draft and I said there is no WAY in hell Bradford will stay healthy.......
But ST Louis is stuck with him like it or not.....

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 07:45 PM
No. We jhave bigger problems than QB. We need a LT or the best passrusher in the draft

Sorry but LT is not a major priority IMO..
Bills are rated 1 of the best in the NFL for sacks.
The OL IMO did a pretty damn good job this year.

DraftBoy
12-16-2011, 07:22 AM
He's a top 5-10 QB depending on how the final order shakes out and if he declares.

Right now we are sitting at 11th overall at 5-8, right now Miami, Cleveland, and Washington all sit a game ahead of us at 4-9.

Bert102176
12-17-2011, 12:42 AM
def. top 10

Bert102176
12-17-2011, 01:02 AM
He's a top 5-10 QB depending on how the final order shakes out and if he declares.

Right now we are sitting at 11th overall at 5-8, right now Miami, Cleveland, and Washington all sit a game ahead of us at 4-9.

when Miami beats us this weekend will that move them past us being they beat us twice or will it be a coin flip?

jimbohastle51
12-17-2011, 01:32 PM
If he comes out he should be the 2nd or 3rd QB taken. he will project to the first round. he is a top 10 talent.

YardRat
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Indy and Washington will take QBs. Miami will most likely take a QB as well. All currently pick ahead of Buffalo. I truly think we have to stop having average to below average QBs and need to get one of the top three (Luck, Barkley and RGIII) even if it means trading up.

Hell no.

YardRat
12-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Sorry but LT is not a major priority IMO..
Bills are rated 1 of the best in the NFL for sacks.
The OL IMO did a pretty damn good job this year.

I disagree.

LT is a priority.
Stats are for losers, obviously by the correlation implied.
Smoke and mirrors, thanks mostly to the chuck-and-duck and Freddie.

DraftBoy
12-17-2011, 05:50 PM
when Miami beats us this weekend will that move them past us being they beat us twice or will it be a coin flip?

I believe we will move past them.

Mike13
12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Come on man.....
JAGS are not drafting a QB

They gave up alot for Gabbert. They wont give up on him now.

Ickybaluky
12-17-2011, 07:04 PM
I believe we will move past them.

The first tie-breaker is strength of schedule (the team that played the toughest schedule picks first), in this case it is easy to follow.

The Bills and Dolphins play the same teams other than 2 games:

- Buffalo plays Cincinnati and Tennessee, now a combined 14-12

- Miami plays Houston and Cleveland, now a combined 14-12

After that it would go to the divisional tie-breakers, so Buffalo would hold the 2nd tie-breaker.

So, if Miami wins this weekend and you want the Bills to pick ahead of them in the draft, root for Cincinnati and Tennessee to win while Houston and Cleveland lose.

DraftBoy
12-18-2011, 09:12 AM
The first tie-breaker is strength of schedule (the team that played the toughest schedule picks first), in this case it is easy to follow.

After that it would go to the divisional tie-breakers, so Buffalo would hold the 2nd tie-breaker.

So, if Miami wins this weekend and you want the Bills to pick ahead of them in the draft, root for Cincinnati and Tennessee to win while Houston and Cleveland lose.

A better explanation...

The Natrix
12-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't rule out Tampa Bay going QB.

PTI
12-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Bills should cut Fitz, fire Gailey, sign Jason Campbell and draft RG III

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Bills should cut Fitz, fire Gailey, sign Jason Campbell and draft RG III
Why Cut fitz to get Campbell???? Just keep Fitz.... Makes no sense.

Novacane
12-18-2011, 03:31 PM

We want a weaker SOS. Wouldn't that mean we want Cinci and Tenn to lose and Houston and Cleveland to win?