PDA

View Full Version : The Bills need to lose this game.

TacklingDummy
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
If the Bills lose this game there is a good chance they lose out. I doubt they beat Denver and they will mail it in against the Pats scrubs.

Looking at the standing there will be alot of teams around 5-11 and 6-10. Please don't screw this one up by winning another meaningless game. By losing out the Bills may be able to pick ahead of 8 other teams that have the same record or 1 less win. Beating the Dolphins this week almost guarantees the Bills to be picking outside of the top 10.

5-8

Bills: Mia/Den/NE (5-11)
Chiefs: GB/Oak/Den (5-11)
Eagles: Jets/Dal/Was (6-10)

4-9

Browns: ARI/Balt/Pitt (4-12 or 5-11)
Dolphins: Bills/NE/Jets (5-11)
Jags: ATL/Tenn/Indy (5-11)
Redskins: NYG/Min/Phil (5-11)
Panthers: Hou/TB/NO (5-11)
Bucs: Dal/Car/ATL (5-11)

Locks to be picking ahead of Bills.

1. Colts
2. Vikings
3. Rams

By my projections there could be 8 teams at 5-11. Does anyone know how they do the tie breaker? Would losing twice to Miami put the Bills ahead of them in the draft and does beating KC put the Bills behind them.

The King
12-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Chan needs to win, to CYA.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Same records pushes it to a strength-of-schedule tie breaker.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I never have EVER routed for the Bills to lose a game until this very game. I don't care ONE BIT if the Bills win this game.

This season was a complete failure.

TacklingDummy
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Same records pushes it to a strength-of-schedule tie breaker.

Miami played Houston and Cleveland
Bills played Cinci and Tenn.

The Bills would have the harder schedule so be behind Miami?

TacklingDummy
12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
This blows, ending NE 15 game win streak against the Bills might have cost them Barkley or Griffin.

YardRat
12-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I have a hard time rooting to lose, especially against Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage. If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

BillsFever21
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I could care less if we win another game this season either. This team is putrid and was fortunate enough to get off to a fast lucky start. All they had to do is play .500 football after the fast start with a win against the Jets and Titans during that span and we would've easily been in the playoffs as long as we didn't collapse these last 3 games.

Figure over these last 6 games had we even gone 3-3 and we won a game against the Jets, Titans and a lousy Miami team we would be 8-5 while they would all have 6 losses along with the Raiders and Bengals. We would be a game up and have the tiebreaker on all of them except the head-to-head against the Bengals.

If we would have won our next two home games we would have clinched the WC no matter what happened against the Patriots. Even if we only won one of the last 3 games it would have forced all of them other guys to win the rest of their games to take the last WC spot.

This is just another pathetic excuse of a season. The Bills get off to a good lucky start and still couldn't even capitalize on it. All we had to do was play average .500 football the rest of the season and we could have coasted to a WC spot.

What is even worse the 2nd Jets game we should have won(thanks Stevie) and the Titans game should've been a very winnable game especially at home if we were not such a lousy team.

Our finish to the season just proved even more we are still horrible and we were lucky enough to pull out a couple lucky games early in the season. We are only slightly better then last year and we won't be much or any better next season unless a lot of our young players finally start playing like NFL starters, we have a good draft/FA for some decent depth and we get better coaching. I don't see much of that happening and we will be about a 6 win team next year too.

My prediction at the start of the season was 6 games. After the fast start I was hoping myself and others would be wrong for once since I'm usually either right on with my prediction or off +/- one game. Unfortunately the Bills came down to earth and showed their true colors once again.

The hell with them and the rest of the season. Last week's game is the last one will see on TV anyway since the next two will be blacked out and the last game is on New Years Day.

I had season tickets and went to every game for 8 straight years and didn't miss a season without at least going to one game for 13 straight seasons up to a couple years ago. I made up my mind last season that I wasn't going to waste anymore money on this team until they show they are willing to put a good product on the field. By the lack of season ticket sales and overall ticket sales the past few years I'm not the only one.

It won't get any better next season either. The September/October games are almost always sure sellouts but the rest of them are a 50/50 chance at best. Even a fast start couldn't sell out the last few home games. Most people are going to hold off and see how they are doing when the time comes before they spend hundreds of dollars to watch a losing team in a meaningless game especially if the weather is bad.

dannyek71
12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I can never root for the Bills to loose, especially vs. the Fish, Cheatriots, or New Jersey Jets.

SABURZFAN
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
my answer to the title of this thread....

**** THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
I can never root for the Bills to loose, especially vs. the Fish, Cheatriots, or New Jersey Jets.
Well said, Danny! :hi5:

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Even if I rooted for these bunch of losers they would still lose. So I'm going to root for a loss so the Bills get a better draft to with less chance of ****ing it up.

Albany,n.y.
12-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I never have EVER routed for the Bills to lose a game until this very game. I don't care ONE BIT if the Bills win this game.

There have been many late December games in the past decade that were meaningless & I rooted against the Bills winning. Last year was an example. The year before, the last game wasn't because a loss wouldn't improve their draft pick.

Once the playoffs are not possible, the season is a failure. The only positive thing that you can get out of a failed season is a better draft position.

There are too many fans who blur the line between having a fan mentality & having a participant (player or coach) mentality. The participants can't think of the benefits of losing. A fan, who in all likelihood was here before any player, coach or a lot of front office people, and will be here long after the last player is retired, the last coach, GM etc is fired, can think of ways to improve the team long term with detrimental short term results. I know I'm a fan & not a participant & once the season is down the drain, 5 wins are no better than 6 wins & can actually be better for the long term interests of the team.

don137
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Normally I am right there along with everyone saying you can't hope the Bills dont win but after 15 years of no franchise QB I am willing to throw in the towel and lose so we have a chance of landing a franchise QB.

The Bills need a franchise QB and if they do not land one of the big three then it will be the same old Bills next year. Barkley and RGIII are legit and cannot be passed on. Once we have a QB we will have an anchor on the DL and a franchise QB.

TacklingDummy
12-15-2011, 06:58 PM
People need to see the bigger picture. Winning this game only hurts the Bills future.

tampabay25690
12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry but I will never root for the Bills to lose to Miami........................

Novacane
12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
This blows, ending NE 15 game win streak against the Bills might have cost them Barkley or Griffin.

NE gets the last laugh once again. That loss cost them nothing and it probably cost us a shot at a possible franchise QB. Breaking the streak most likely guarantees we start another long losing streak to the Pats.

zone
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I hope our team shows enough heart to get some revenge for the ass whopping they handed us on the score board and physically.

Show some pride and beat the fish into the dirt. Finish strong, and resume the winning mentality and carry that into next season with a healthy core team and some new additions from the draft and FA.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Disgusting. Just lose baby.

Bangarang
12-15-2011, 08:33 PM
If Chan stays faithful to George Edwards after the last 2 seasons than he needs to get fired. We have no identity on defense and it's embarrassing to watch.

Skooby
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
If we draft 4th, he'll be a new scat back for our trick plays.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
People need to see the bigger picture. Winning this game only hurts the Bills future.

The Bills organization hurts the Bills future. Even if Buffalo does lose out, I have 0 confidence that they will make the right choices in the draft/FA to get Buffalo moving in the right direction.

BertSquirtgum
12-15-2011, 09:56 PM
The Bills organization hurts the Bills future. Even if Buffalo does lose out, I have 0 confidence that they will make the right choices in the draft/FA to get Buffalo moving in the right direction.

That's why they need to lose because the closer they pick to 1st the lesser chance they have to **** it up.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
i want the bills to lose. that sucks but its true. but who the hell cares anyway. the bills will just eff up the draft pick anyway so who the hell cares anymore.

Luisito23
12-16-2011, 05:09 AM
I not only want them to lose, but I want those bums to get blown out...There's no excuse for the garbage they have put on the field for the last whatever weeks.

Lose, and lose big.

jamze132
12-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Buffalo isn't drafting a QB is RD 1 whether we are picking #5 or #15. Get over it.

dannyek71
12-16-2011, 07:55 AM

This organization has not made the playoffs in the last 10+ years. If I recall correctly, we've only been in the playoff race once during the last week of the season.

This organization makes moronic decision after moronic decision. I have absolutely no confidence in the players, coaches or management of the organization.

That said, I love the Buffalo Bills.

A draft pick slot here or there isn't going to change the long term future for this team. Aside from Dareus, this team hasn't had a real hit on virtually ANYONE in the top 3-4 rounds in the last 10 years. There is no use rooting for losses and "draft positions." You are like a starving man passing up a big bowl of rice and chicken because you want to save room for Lobster.

BEAT THE FISH AND CHEATERS!

dannyek71
12-16-2011, 07:57 AM
I not only want them to lose, but I want those bums to get blown out...There's no excuse for the garbage they have put on the field for the last whatever weeks.

Lose, and lose big.

Go watch Oprah and get ready for the NBA then.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2011, 09:33 AM

A draft pick slot here or there isn't going to change the long term future for this team. Aside from Dareus, this team hasn't had a real hit on virtually ANYONE in the top 3-4 rounds in the last 10 years. There is no use rooting for losses and "draft positions." You are like a starving man passing up a big bowl of rice and chicken because you want to save room for Lobster.

I'm not even sure Dareus is a hit. I'd much rather have Peterson or Green. That being, I don't want the Bills picking around 9th, that's where we end up with the Whitners, Maybins, McKelvin, Lynch, and Spillers of the draft.

OpIv37
12-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Uggh, just win the game.

The Bills will botch the pick regardless if we pick #1 overall or #32.

PTI
12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
So, it would appear head to head does not matter in drafting? Makes no sense if Miami is 5-11 and would draft higher than Buffalo and beat buffalo twice.

Night Train
12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
The game will run it's course..win or lose.

Rooting for draft position ( with our poor track record ) is beyond ******ed.

mikemac2001
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM

im going to thw game ill have thw same level of disappoint win or lose

if they win its for pride but now we lose that stud in first and 2nd rd

if we lose **** got swept by phins lost 7 str8 and just embarrassing but hey still have a shot at a top player in both rds

i wont root for the phins but i want an entertaining game not a 9-6 bore fest

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
This organization has not made the playoffs in the last 10+ years. If I recall correctly, we've only been in the playoff race once during the last week of the season.

This organization makes moronic decision after moronic decision. I have absolutely no confidence in the players, coaches or management of the organization.

That said, I love the Buffalo Bills.

BEAT THE FISH AND CHEATERS!

No thanks. Just lose baby.

THRILLHO
12-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Really don't see how you can be a fan while rooting for a loss. It makes ZERO sense and I hate reading it this time of year, every year.

Winning is the best thing you can do to help you for next year. It gives the team confidence and can teach a ton about "how" to win. Just because you draft higher does not mean you get a better player.

Who have we drafted in the first round that has been an "excellent" player so far?

If you want us to lose then dont bother watching and then we can talk again in February when draft talk begins ramping up again. Makes me sick.

Bill Cody
12-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Buffalo isn't drafting a QB is RD 1 whether we are picking #5 or #15. Get over it.

no

Bill Cody
12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Winning is the best thing you can do to help you for next year. It gives the team confidence and can teach a ton about "how" to win. Just because you draft higher does not mean you get a better player.

1) I see no reason to believe the outcome of this game will have a carry over effect next year win lose or draw. There are a bunch of other factors that will matter more.

2) Drafting 5th makes it much more likely you'll have an impact player available than 12th. No guarantees but significantly better chance.

3) I think the Bills have quit on Fitzpatrick. So we will lose no matter how hard you root.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Really don't see how you can be a fan while rooting for a loss. It makes ZERO sense and I hate reading it this time of year, every year.

Because its about the bigger picture. A meaningless win could set us back years. It's already done so quite a few times in the past.

ddaryl
12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I never route for a loss, but I would be happier if they lose at this point

bf1
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
What difference does it make? One single draft pick?

THRILLHO
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Because its about the bigger picture. A meaningless win could set us back years. It's already done so quite a few times in the past.

Just like blowing a pick can set you back years. Just because you draft higher does not guarantee you a good pick.

This team needs some confidence going into the off season and next year. You don't get confident by losing.

THRILLHO
12-16-2011, 01:35 PM
1) I see no reason to believe the outcome of this game will have a carry over effect next year win lose or draw. There are a bunch of other factors that will matter more.

2) Drafting 5th makes it much more likely you'll have an impact player available than 12th. No guarantees but significantly better chance.

3) I think the Bills have quit on Fitzpatrick. So we will lose no matter how hard you root.

You can screw up a fifth pick just as easily as a twelve pick.

This team needs to feel good about it's self. Its impossible to do so with a loss. Winning fixes everything.

Ed
12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Right now the Bills SOS is .503. The only other 4 or 5 win teams with a higher SOS are Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa. Jacksonville's could drop significantly since they play the Colts the last week. Tampa may not win another game, keeping them ahead of us. Playing the Broncos and Pats is only going to increase our SOS. So even if we lose out, we could still see a lot of other 5 win teams picking ahead of us.

I don't think the Bills are going to draft a qb regardless of where we pick. And you can get great players at any point in the draft. You just have to pick the right ones. I think this team would be a lot better served if the young players on our team showed significant improvement over the last few weeks and we won a couple games then finishing the season on a 9 game losing streak and gaining a few spots in the draft.

imbondz
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
obviously momentum from the previous year means nothing. I still would never root for the Bills to lose.

Bill Cody
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
What difference does it make? One single draft pick?

It could mean everything. What was the difference between the 1st pick and the 2nd for the Indianapolis Colts? And how are the Colts doing this year without that one player?

HAMMER
12-16-2011, 03:18 PM
No thanks. Just lose baby.

This post is a loser, as is any other that roots for their team to lose.

Joe Fo Sho
12-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I can't root for the Bills to lose, it's impossible for me. I can understand the benefits of losing versus winning, but once the Bills are on that field I can't root against them.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
You can screw up a fifth pick just as easily as a twelve pick.

the Bills braintrust (oxymoron) has been proving that for the last decade.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I can't root for the Bills to lose, it's impossible for me. I can understand the benefits of losing versus winning, but once the Bills are on that field I can't root against them.
I won't be rooting against them but I don't care about this game at all.

If I didn't have a 10 year attendance streak on the line I would not be going to the game at all.

Joe Fo Sho
12-16-2011, 03:32 PM
I won't be rooting against them but I don't care about this game at all.

If I didn't have a 10 year attendance streak on the line I would not be going to the game at all.

Yup.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2011, 05:50 AM
What difference does it make? One single draft pick?Patrick Willis or Marshawn Lynch. Michael Huff or Donte Whitner. Jerod Mayo or Leodis McKelvin.

Jonathon Vilma/Ben Roethisberger or Lee Evans.

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2011, 06:17 AM
I never said I was rooting for them to win or lose. I don't care what happens. It would be better for them to lose so I would rather they lose but I won't be rooting one way or the other.

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Patrick Willis or Marshawn Lynch. Michael Huff or Donte Whitner. Jerod Mayo or Leodis McKelvin.

Yepp. One pick can mean a world of a difference.

cookie G
12-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Patrick Willis or Marshawn Lynch. Michael Huff or Donte Whitner. Jerod Mayo or Leodis McKelvin.

Donte Whitner or Ngata
Marshawn Lynch or Revis, Timmons, Dwayne Bowe or Ben Grubbs
McLovin or Ryan Clady or Joe Flacco
Maybin or Orakpo, Cushing or Michael Oher

By simply staying where we were, we could have had an offensive line consisting of Clady, Levitre, Wood, Grubbs and Oher.

Plus a D line of Ngata, Dareus and Kyle Williams.

Talk about rebuilding your trenches. That would easily be the best oline in the business, and a pretty damn good D line.

Or a D-line of Ngata, Dareus and Williams, backed by Timmons, Barnett and Orakpo. Not a bad front 7.

or had SJ opposite Dwayne Bowe.

Every year someone starts one of these "we-have-to-lose-so-we-can-get-a- better-draft-slot-because-we're-missing-out-on-impact-players" threads, as if the reason we are where we are is that impact players always get drafted before we have a chance to get them.

The problem is that they've been swinging for impact players and missing, or doing no more than hitting the warning track.

They thought Whitner was supposed to be the next Troy P;
They thought Maybin was going to be a Robert Mathis;
McLovin was going to be the "shut down corner".
Spiller was going to be the Percy Harvin/Chris Johnson hybrid.

Ozzie Newsome must really have fun on draft day. He waits for the Bills to pick, grins, then takes the guy the Bills should have taken.

SABURZFAN
12-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I never said I was rooting for them to win or lose. I don't care what happens. It would be better for them to lose so I would rather they lose but I won't be rooting one way or the other.

you're full of $h!t!!!!!!!!!!!! post #12 says different.

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2011, 10:10 AM
you're full of $h!t!!!!!!!!!!!! post #12 says different.

you got me there. forgot I said that. I changed my stance. Don't care either way.

THRILLHO
12-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Donte Whitner or Ngata

Every year someone starts one of these "we-have-to-lose-so-we-can-get-a- better-draft-slot-because-we're-missing-out-on-impact-players" threads, as if the reason we are where we are is that impact players always get drafted before we have a chance to get them.

Boom. When you consistently miss on drafting, it does not matter what position you draft in.

I always hope for a win. If you say you don't care, we don't need to hear about it.

bluerosekiller
12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
After jumping aboard the happy rain for the first seven weeks of the season only to get kicked in the teeth & thrown off, I'm not investing another moment of my time or energy in The Bills. This total collapse is already a worse one than 2008 was IMO & there are still 3 games left to play.
So, what should I do?
Refocus & hope for an 8 - 8 or 7 - 9 finish, because it's what a good fan would do?
Or, do my best to ignore them while hoping for another 3 straight losses?
For the first time ever this year, I'm going with the "more losses the merrier" approach, as another win or two would just give the powers that be more excuses to stay with the status quo & blame the injuries for everything wrong with the team. And, if that's the case, then next year will be a toal waste of time as well.

bf1
12-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Donte Whitner or Ngata

By simply staying where we were, we could have had an offensive line consisting of Clady, Levitre, Wood, Grubbs and Oher.

Plus a D line of Ngata, Dareus and Kyle Williams.

Talk about rebuilding your trenches. That would easily be the best oline in the business, and a pretty damn good D line.

Or a D-line of Ngata, Dareus and Williams, backed by Timmons, Barnett and Orakpo. Not a bad front 7.

or had SJ opposite Dwayne Bowe.

The problem is that they've been swinging for impact players and missing, or doing no more than hitting the warning track.

They thought Whitner was supposed to be the next Troy P;
They thought Maybin was going to be a Robert Mathis;
McLovin was going to be the "shut down corner".
Spiller was going to be the Percy Harvin/Chris Johnson hybrid.

Ozzie Newsome must really have fun on draft day. He waits for the Bills to pick, grins, then takes the guy the Bills should have taken.

:bow:

TacklingDummy
12-19-2011, 05:50 AM
This was a good loss for the future yesterday. With KC, Eagles, Carolina, Washington, San Diego, and Miami all winning

TacklingDummy
12-19-2011, 06:24 AM
5-8

Bills: Mia/Den/NE (5-11)
Chiefs: GB/Oak/Den (5-11)
Eagles: Jets/Dal/Was (6-10)

4-9

Browns: ARI/Balt/Pitt (4-12 or 5-11)
Dolphins: Bills/NE/Jets (5-11)
Jags: ATL/Tenn/Indy (5-11)
Redskins: NYG/Min/Phil (5-11)
Panthers: Hou/TB/NO (5-11)
Bucs: Dal/Car/ATL (5-11)

Locks to be picking ahead of Bills.

1. Colts
2. Vikings
3. Rams

By my projections there could be 8 teams at 5-11. Does anyone know how they do the tie breaker? Would losing twice to Miami put the Bills ahead of them in the draft and does beating KC put the Bills behind them.

Updated

Locks

1. Colts
2. Vikings
3. Rams

4-10

Cleveland (Balt/Pitt) Browns need to win both. Their SOS will be higher than Bills with a Tied record.
Jags (Indy/Tenn) Jags need to beat Indy
Tampa (Car/Atl) TB needs to beat ATL in week 17 meaningless game

5-9

Bills (Den/NE) Bills need to lose out.
Miami (NE/NJJ) Miami needs to win 1.
Skins (Min/Phil) Skins need to beat Minn.
Panthers (TB/NO) Panthers need to beat TB

We may be looking at 5,6, or 7th pick overall if things play out for us. The key to this is the Bills losing the next 2.