• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

The Bills need to lose this game.

If the Bills lose this game there is a good chance they lose out. I doubt they beat Denver and they will mail it in against the Pats scrubs.

Looking at the standing there will be alot of teams around 5-11 and 6-10. Please don't screw this one up by winning another meaningless game. By losing out the Bills may be able to pick ahead of 8 other teams that have the same record or 1 less win. Beating the Dolphins this week almost guarantees the Bills to be picking outside of the top 10.

5-8

Bills: Mia/Den/NE (5-11)
    Chiefs: GB/Oak/Den (5-11)
    Eagles: Jets/Dal/Was (6-10)

4-9

Browns: ARI/Balt/Pitt (4-12 or 5-11)
    Dolphins: Bills/NE/Jets (5-11)
    Jags: ATL/Tenn/Indy (5-11)
    Redskins: NYG/Min/Phil (5-11)
    Panthers: Hou/TB/NO (5-11)
    Bucs: Dal/Car/ATL (5-11)

Locks to be picking ahead of Bills.

1. Colts
    2. Vikings
    3. Rams

By my projections there could be 8 teams at 5-11. Does anyone know how they do the tie breaker? Would losing twice to Miami put the Bills ahead of them in the draft and does beating KC put the Bills behind them.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Bills need to lose this game.

Chan needs to win, to CYA.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Same records pushes it to a strength-of-schedule tie breaker.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I never have EVER routed for the Bills to lose a game until this very game. I don't care ONE BIT if the Bills win this game.

This season was a complete failure.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
          Same records pushes it to a strength-of-schedule tie breaker.
          Miami played Houston and Cleveland
          Bills played Cinci and Tenn.

The Bills would have the harder schedule so be behind Miami?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

This blows, ending NE 15 game win streak against the Bills might have cost them Barkley or Griffin.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I have a hard time rooting to lose, especially against Miami.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING
              1. Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
              2. The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
              3. The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
              4. The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
              5. The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
              If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

I could care less if we win another game this season either. This team is putrid and was fortunate enough to get off to a fast lucky start. All they had to do is play .500 football after the fast start with a win against the Jets and Titans during that span and we would've easily been in the playoffs as long as we didn't collapse these last 3 games.

Figure over these last 6 games had we even gone 3-3 and we won a game against the Jets, Titans and a lousy Miami team we would be 8-5 while they would all have 6 losses along with the Raiders and Bengals. We would be a game up and have the tiebreaker on all of them except the head-to-head against the Bengals.

If we would have won our next two home games we would have clinched the WC no matter what happened against the Patriots. Even if we only won one of the last 3 games it would have forced all of them other guys to win the rest of their games to take the last WC spot.

This is just another pathetic excuse of a season. The Bills get off to a good lucky start and still couldn't even capitalize on it. All we had to do was play average .500 football the rest of the season and we could have coasted to a WC spot.

What is even worse the 2nd Jets game we should have won(thanks Stevie) and the Titans game should've been a very winnable game especially at home if we were not such a lousy team.

Our finish to the season just proved even more we are still horrible and we were lucky enough to pull out a couple lucky games early in the season. We are only slightly better then last year and we won't be much or any better next season unless a lot of our young players finally start playing like NFL starters, we have a good draft/FA for some decent depth and we get better coaching. I don't see much of that happening and we will be about a 6 win team next year too.

My prediction at the start of the season was 6 games. After the fast start I was hoping myself and others would be wrong for once since I'm usually either right on with my prediction or off +/- one game. Unfortunately the Bills came down to earth and showed their true colors once again.

The hell with them and the rest of the season. Last week's game is the last one will see on TV anyway since the next two will be blacked out and the last game is on New Years Day.

I had season tickets and went to every game for 8 straight years and didn't miss a season without at least going to one game for 13 straight seasons up to a couple years ago. I made up my mind last season that I wasn't going to waste anymore money on this team until they show they are willing to put a good product on the field. By the lack of season ticket sales and overall ticket sales the past few years I'm not the only one.

It won't get any better next season either. The September/October games are almost always sure sellouts but the rest of them are a 50/50 chance at best. Even a fast start couldn't sell out the last few home games. Most people are going to hold off and see how they are doing when the time comes before they spend hundreds of dollars to watch a losing team in a meaningless game especially if the weather is bad.
                Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-15-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• dannyek71
                  Drink Responsibly
                  • Dec 2004

I can never root for the Bills to loose, especially vs. the Fish, Cheatriots, or New Jersey Jets.
                  [

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

my answer to the title of this thread....

**** THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
                      I can never root for the Bills to loose, especially vs. the Fish, Cheatriots, or New Jersey Jets.
                      Well said, Danny!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Even if I rooted for these bunch of losers they would still lose. So I'm going to root for a loss so the Bills get a better draft to with less chance of ****ing it up.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          I never have EVER routed for the Bills to lose a game until this very game. I don't care ONE BIT if the Bills win this game.

This season was a complete failure.
                          There have been many late December games in the past decade that were meaningless & I rooted against the Bills winning. Last year was an example. The year before, the last game wasn't because a loss wouldn't improve their draft pick.

Once the playoffs are not possible, the season is a failure. The only positive thing that you can get out of a failed season is a better draft position.

There are too many fans who blur the line between having a fan mentality & having a participant (player or coach) mentality. The participants can't think of the benefits of losing. A fan, who in all likelihood was here before any player, coach or a lot of front office people, and will be here long after the last player is retired, the last coach, GM etc is fired, can think of ways to improve the team long term with detrimental short term results. I know I'm a fan & not a participant & once the season is down the drain, 5 wins are no better than 6 wins & can actually be better for the long term interests of the team.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Normally I am right there along with everyone saying you can't hope the Bills dont win but after 15 years of no franchise QB I am willing to throw in the towel and lose so we have a chance of landing a franchise QB.

The Bills need a franchise QB and if they do not land one of the big three then it will be the same old Bills next year. Barkley and RGIII are legit and cannot be passed on. Once we have a QB we will have an anchor on the DL and a franchise QB.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

People need to see the bigger picture. Winning this game only hurts the Bills future.

Comment

Working...
                              X