PDA

View Full Version : Lindy needs a pink slip

Skooby
12-17-2011, 08:06 PM
There is no Stanley Cup with this guy on the bench, he loses the team too easy during the game. I for one think he and Miller need a ticket out of town, regardless of injury excuses.

Pegula gave him Carte Blanche & he's giving us a near .500 season, bye bye.

Cleve
12-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Yep. All the losses at home point to an inability to lead and motivate the team. The fact that the team did NOT come to the defense of Miller during the Bruins game pointed to MAJOR locker-room problems with the team. Right there showed to me that Ruff couldn't get it done.

Lindy has created a soft finesse team, that doesn't hit much, and that is constantly outclassed by smash-mouth hard-charging, hard hitting teams like Boston and Pittsburgh.

However, if Ruff goes, then Regier should go too. He more than Ruff is responsible for populating the team with pansies.

Michael82
12-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Darcy needs to go first! He's the one that built this mediocre team!

ddaryl
12-18-2011, 07:00 AM
clean house.

even after all that money they spent this offseason. We are actually a worse team then last year

tampabay25690
12-18-2011, 07:42 AM
WOW I just got done watching the game this AM.......

WORST performance I may have seen in a few years. Ryan Miller looks lost out there...

Dont be surprised if there is a shakeup about to happen. Im gonna make a call to my buddy today or tomorrow and find out what is going on upstairs....

k-oneputt
12-18-2011, 07:43 AM
No surprise last night. That's what this team is.
SOFT and GUTLESS

PTI
12-18-2011, 11:23 AM
This team currently has a flat out crap HC and no one in net at all,I would see if we could even get a young goalie in a 1 for 1 trade for Miller.

SabreEleven
12-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Lindy and Darcy won't be fired until the season is over

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-19-2011, 05:42 AM
Pegula's problem is that he is a fan first.

Crisis
12-19-2011, 06:16 AM

Yes it's the owner's fault who hasn't even owned the team for a full season yet

G Wolly
12-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Yea. Because that obviously gets in the way of him doing what is necessary to see the team do well.

trapezeus
12-19-2011, 10:25 AM
clean house.

even after all that money they spent this offseason. We are actually a worse team then last year

it's like a wall street bank. Put more money in, get less results out.

Sabres need a rude awakening. until that comes with someone getting shipped out or shown the door, it'll be more Blo-news articles about them talking about getting better.

a little fear for your position helps.

Skooby
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
it's like a wall street bank. Put more money in, get less results out.

Sabres need a rude awakening. until that comes with someone getting shipped out or shown the door, it'll be more Blo-news articles about them talking about getting better.

a little fear for your position helps.

I think that the boys there are a little too comfortable, so this statement makes so much sense.

SkateZilla
12-19-2011, 02:16 PM
uck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHVPjE1GJo

Mr. Pink
12-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I've been saying it for years that the Sabres will never win anything with those 2 clowns, Regier and Ruff, in charge.

I'm not a Sabres fan, but it would be nice for the city of Buffalo to actually celebrate a championship in a major meaningful sport.

The Sabres are a pretty good team with talent, Ruff just isn't the coach to get them over that final hurdle AND Regier isn't the GM to acquire that pivotal last piece to the puzzle at the deadline to get them over that hurdle.

At some point hopefully for the sake of Buffalo sports and Sabres fans, Pegula realizes that something has to be done to get the team over that final hurdle.

OpIv37
12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
uck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHVPjE1GJo

Joke #1: Lindy Ruff teaching a kids' team how to pass? Oh, the irony.

Joke #2: I think a couple of those kids skate better than Derek Roy.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Rumblings for Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff to be fired grow louder every year. They're the longest tenured GM-coach combination in the NHL.

In fact, there could come a time when one or both are sent packing. But if anyone is expecting a few more losses to lead them toward the door, think again. It's not happening any time soon.

"We haven't had an adequate sample size to find out how good our team can be," Black said. "Is there any thought of getting rid of Darcy or Lindy right now? No. None."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article676991.ece

Mski
12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article676991.ecei think thats why they'll be here atleast untill the off season... Pegula is a fan on Lindy, but he's also a smart buisness man, and i dont believe he'll let the first get in the way of the second... they want to see how a full season with them turns out before making a decision. If this team doesnt make it out of the first round of the playoffs again, i think one of the two are gone, and it will likely be Lindy before Darcy

SkateZilla
12-20-2011, 12:11 PM
i think thats why they'll be here atleast untill the off season... Pegula is a fan on Lindy, but he's also a smart buisness man, and i dont believe he'll let the first get in the way of the second... they want to see how a full season with them turns out before making a decision. If this team doesnt make it out of the first round of the playoffs again, i think one of the two are gone, and it will likely be Lindy before Darcy

he'll keep them another year and claim "we didnt have the roster we wanted for an entire year due to injuries."

Cleve
12-20-2011, 02:16 PM
he'll keep them another year and claim "we didnt have the roster we wanted for an entire year due to injuries."

Why not? That excuse has worked for the Bills for about a decade now. LOL

SkateZilla
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
at least we havent lost 7 straight or in our case if you look at the SeasonLength/GPRatio, 31.5 losses straight...

Mski
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
he'll keep them another year and claim "we didnt have the roster we wanted for an entire year due to injuries."is that really just as "excuse" at this point... i think we had more call ups playing yesterday than regular starters

SkateZilla
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
is that really just as "excuse" at this point... i think we had more call ups playing yesterday than regular starters

we should call up the coach to replace lindy for a few games and see what happens.:biggrin:

don137
12-22-2011, 07:21 AM
The team needs a shake up like trading Stafford, Roy or something along those lines. Wake this team up.

Historian
12-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Agreed Don.

Too many guys at the same talent level, who have gotten comfortable here.

I've supported Lindy through thick and thin. Especially after he was told by the Rigases that he was going to get the players to put them over the top.

That was like, 11 years ago, and not much has changed.

It's time for a change at GM and HC.

(And neither of them should be Larry Quinn)

rbochan
12-23-2011, 06:24 AM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5348/leafssabres2.jpg

SkateZilla
12-23-2011, 10:07 AM
THAT'S EPIC!!! IM GONNA Steal this and post it on the Sabres Facebook.. hahaha.

Skooby
12-23-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm rolling on the floor here, oh man this is classic.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5348/leafssabres2.jpg

Skooby
12-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Is Lindy really going to remain the coach with this puke being put on the ice??

Cleve
12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Is Lindy really going to remain the coach with this puke being put on the ice??

One of the commentators on NHL network the other night after the loss to the Devils was very critical of the Sabres play. He said - "This does not look like a Lindy Ruff coached team"

That comment seems very damning about Lindy Ruff - either he's burned out, or doesn't care or something. The team is listless and unmotivated. A motivated team would have never let Lucic take out Miller like he did with no consequences.

The team is very wrong - and their poor play reflects poorly on Ruff. If this continues for much longer, I would have to think Ruff's job will be in jeopardy.

Skooby
12-30-2011, 10:59 PM
One of the commentators on NHL network the other night after the loss to the Devils was very critical of the Sabres play. He said - "This does not look like a Lindy Ruff coached team"

That comment seems very damning about Lindy Ruff - either he's burned out, or doesn't care or something. The team is listless and unmotivated. A motivated team would have never let Chara take out Miller like he did with no consequences.

The team is very wrong - and their poor play reflects poorly on Ruff. If this continues for much longer, I would have to think Ruff's job will be in jeopardy.

The Sabres have an owner who wants a cup & has unlimited resources, so why make a Canadian guy feel comfortable at his job? Tell the F-er that if the Sabres don't play .700 hockey for the next 10 games, you're a goner.

You make anyone feel too comfortable at a job, they'll have no reason to work. We're 2-6-1 in the last 9 games, it's time for a change.

SkateZilla
01-01-2012, 12:59 PM
it was time before the end of november.

SkateZilla
01-01-2012, 09:13 PM

That comment seems very damning about Lindy Ruff - either he's burned out, or doesn't care or something. The team is listless and unmotivated. A motivated team would have never let Lucic take out Miller like he did with no consequences.

watch a game from 2-3 years ago... different team, with the same core players.

its obvious they are trying to get ruff out, and they aren't getting it through their heads that he isnt going no where, and they are making themselves look bad in the process.

If the Defense Played up to par, Miller wouldnt have 3+GAA, and the offense would have more chances.

If the Offense Played up to Par, they would bury alot of these "close calls" and the scores of most of these lost games would be reversed.

Cleve
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Why do you think the team turned against Lindy?

Electrici
01-02-2012, 01:37 AM
and why is it "obvious" a group of professionals are trying to get their head coach out/fired?

I'll be the first to admit, I haven't seen many of the games this season, due to time zone differences and having to work during the games... But man this has been rough following the team online everyday and seeing continuous losing. I can understand all the upset fans, however, I am optimistic they can still turn it around. The addition of Myers from injury should definitely help and it would be nice to get some secondary scoring from the rest of the team. Getting Gerbe and Ennis back would ideally rectify that(in theory). Once that happens, the kids that are up from the Amerks can be sent back down and continue to learn in the minors. Miller has got to be better. There are so many things wrong with the team right now and in my [glass half full] eyes, most stem from injuries, not the head coach(easy way out, i know). I think the most discouraging part is that we are finally getting healthier, and are still losing, but I really think our fortunes will turn... it is a long season. If injuries keep coming up, we might be in trouble.. but I still say Sabres will make the playoffs, and I won't back down until mathematically impossible.

As a side note, the OP started a Fire Chan Gailey thread today in the main section, which IMO is ridiculous and refuse to agree with his sentiments in this particular fire so and so thread, as it's clear he feels firing the head coach fixes all the problems instantaneously. sigh

Skooby
01-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Whatever it was, it's pretty freaking evident that they're not in concert together.

SkateZilla
01-02-2012, 01:22 PM

He didnt come to Miller's Wedding?... I dont know.

Mski
01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Whatever it was, it's pretty freaking evident that they're not in concert together.i'll keep saying it... its Derek Roy, something about him kills the team, even last year when he was a 1+ppg player the team was ten fold better with him not in the lineup... i dont know what it is, last year it was something off the ice he was doing... and this year its on and off the ice

PTI
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Unforgiveable beginng of period 1 last game versus Oilers too, I mean, how do the Sabres not just pound the Oilers who played late the night before and are a really young team.

Skooby
01-10-2012, 06:48 PM
........it continues......

Skooby
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Team stopped playing for Ruff, it's time for a change.

SkateZilla
01-16-2012, 10:21 PM
NHL Network and ESPN agree.

Cleve
01-17-2012, 06:36 AM
One of the NHL on the Fly commentators mentioned, when they replayed the first Detroit goal, just how badly the Sabres look as a team. He said there's no way the team will be able to put on a 2nd half of the season run for the playoffs like last year's team did. And that they've now got one of the worst road records in the NHL

And that was before the Sabres lost two more points, and the game, last night.

PTI
01-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Well, blow the team if they want to keep Ruff. One or the other. I would even make Pommer available. Only Vanek, Myers, Enroth and Kassian are off limit.

Cleve
01-17-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd keep Gerbe too. He's one of the few players with some heart - he chased down the puck to prevent an icing last night, and then immediately started mixing it up with the RedWings player he beat to that puck. One of the very few highlights for me, of that game.

OpIv37
01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I'd keep Gerbe too. He's one of the few players with some heart - he chased down the puck to prevent an icing last night, and then immediately started mixing it up with the RedWings player he beat to that puck. One of the very few highlights for me, of that game.

I don't think Gerbe is the problem with this team. He's a very good 3rd liner who can be a part-time 2nd liner to fill in for injuries, and he goes hard every night. So the Sabres shouldn't be in any rush to get rid of him.

That being said, he's not good enough to be off-limits. If some other team makes the right offer, Darcy should take it.

PTI
01-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Kings are 8-1-5 since coaching change, were 15-14-4 before the change.

Capitals are 12-9-1 after the change, were 12-9-1 before the change.

I know the Ducks are doing better this year with the change. So is Carolina.

I think Sabres have enough to get a Kings like turnaround with a new coach.

Cleve
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
The GM also has to go. It's Regier who, as GM, is responsible for the dearth of talent on the team, and keeping guys like Stafford and Roy in the Sabres lineup for years. He's just TOO patient, and doesn't make enough moves.

Skooby
01-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Kings are 8-1-5 since coaching change, were 15-14-4 before the change.

Capitals are 12-9-1 after the change, were 12-9-1 before the change.

I know the Ducks are doing better this year with the change. So is Carolina.

I think Sabres have enough to get a Kings like turnaround with a new coach.

If we can get anywhere near a Kings bounce, it's a must do.

SkateZilla
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
no coaching change, and we are still land sliding...

peggy needs to get ruff from behind the bench, promote him or something.

bring back the guy that coached us t o a top 5 PP unit.