PDA

View Full Version : Bell and Hairston Alternating at LT?

Ed
12-18-2011, 01:22 PM
So what's the idea or point of having them switch out every series?

YardRat
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Neither one has outplayed the other enough to secure the job outright.

Chan said on the radio this AM that Bell played well enough last week to earn the start, but Hairston would see time also.

EDS
12-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Chan is a genius! I expect every team to be rotating their offensive linemen next week to copy the Bills success. Remember, it is a copy cat league.

The Jokeman
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Chan is a genius! I expect every team to be rotating their offensive linemen next week to copy the Bills success. Remember, it is a copy cat league.
Or maybe Chan is trying to see if we need to re-sign Bell or not this offseason. As if he shows that he plays better than Hairston than we keep him and I doubt we'd have to break the bank on him if we do. I have no problem with us trying to see what talent we have on this team now that there's no hope for the playoffs.

EDS
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Or maybe Chan is trying to see if we need to re-sign Bell or not this offseason. As if he shows that he plays better than Hairston than we keep him and I doubt we'd have to break the bank on him if we do. I have no problem with us trying to see what talent we have on this team now that there's no hope for the playoffs.

After two years they should know what they have in Bell. Either they want him back or they need to start grooming Hairsten to play next season.

X-Era
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Bell is a FA and this is a move to evaluate whether we want him on the team going forward.

I think he's gone and Hairston is our long term starter. But like DB, Id like him much better on the right side.

DraftBoy
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Hairston on the left side hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be but it hasn't been good. He's a RT only prospect, similar to Bell in every way though a bit stronger.

Mahdi
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Bell is a FA and this is a move to evaluate whether we want him on the team going forward.

I think he's gone and Hairston is our long term starter. But like DB, Id like him much better on the right side.
Not so sure, Hairston has struggled a bit since he came back from injury.