X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Why I feel Bills will go QB in first round if one of top 3 QBs available

It is all common knowledge the Bills were going to draft Cam Newton if he fell to #3 in the draft. He was taken so the Bills stuck with Fitz and not address QB since no one worthy of a pick. Fitz played well early in season and was given a contract extension with basically an out clause to cut him and not lose a whole lot. Since Fitz has sucked royally since contract extension it is apparent to everyone he is not the answer at QB. If they were willing to go QB at last year's draft the Bills brass have to be convinced more than ever that Fitz is not the answer and QB is a strong need.

Today's loss not only put them in better draft position for one of top 3 but was final nail in coffin for Fitz. Please note, I don't have anything against Fitz other than convinced he is not the answer for the Bills.
    Last edited by don137; 12-18-2011, 03:31 PM.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why I feel Bills will go QB in first round if one of top 3 QBs available

Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

They have to go QB if they can get one of the top 3.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'd still rather have a defensive player or offensive lineman.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          • May 2009

I would rather the Bills draft a qb and find lineman in free agency.

Comment

• cgbm
            • Jan 2011

THANK YOU.

and yardie would want to still go lineman.

because its obvious that our problem isnt fitz, its our line............

HMMMMMM
            a decent qb can win a fluke super bowl. but a franchise qb makes a perennial powerhouse.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by cgbm
              THANK YOU.

and yardie would want to still go lineman.

because its obvious that our problem isnt fitz, its our line............

HMMMMMM
              Our offensive line sucks, and has all season.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

We need so many things we may as well start with the most important position on the team.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Novacane
                  We need so many things we may as well start with the most important position on the team.
                  Well, that would be LT
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Yepp. Quarterback is definitely the most important position on the team.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Yea RG3 or Barkley look good in a Bills uniform...
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                        Yepp. Quarterback is definitely the most important position on the team.
                        Why do we fans know this, the columnists know this, the sports writers know this, the sports analysts know this, but yet somehow the management at One Bills Drive seems to think it isn't that important and hasn't made it a priority? Why did we waste so many years on Losman, Edwards, and now Fitzpatrick when none of them clearly had the talent to be top notch starting QBs?

The Bills have need for years to draft or hire via free agency a franchise QB and build the team around him.

That's the strategy that nearly every other successful NFL franchise has followed, but somehow the Bills think they can take a different road to success than everyone else. 13 seasons of FAIL proves otherwise.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                        per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                          Our offensive line sucks, and has all season.
                          Fitz has played far worse than the line during the collapse.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                            They have to go QB if they can get one of the top 3.
                            I'm convinced one of the top 3 will be there; I think we will pick at 7. But, I'd be shocked if we took one. I can't see us dropping that much coin into a position where only one will play.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                              Fitz has played far worse than the line during the collapse.
                              Can't argue against Fitz sucking as well.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X