Why is a guy with a 72.7 QB rating getting $11 million + a year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Why is a guy with a 72.7 QB rating getting $11 million + a year?

This guy is AWFUL. Plain and simple. Today was Fitzpatrick's best game in weeks, and yet his rating of 72 would put him in the bottom 5 starting QBs in the league.

Why did we sign this guy to a lucrative fat, juicy contract? Because Ralph Wilson Jr. is calling the shots and making these bizarre outlandish decisions, and Nix and Gailey are just Yes Men killing time until retirement.

Not one thin dime of taxpayer money to the Bills unless the taxpayers get a say in how this team is run via a committee of experts such as Jim Kelly.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why is a guy with a 72.7 QB rating getting $11 million + a year?

And his 72 rating was a joke. It was in the 30s when Miami was trying. He put up a ton of garbage time stats to bring that rating up.

Comment

• Cleve
      • Oct 2004

Three picks is just terrible. Every other team in the league would be firing people tomorrow for a collapse this epic - 8 losses in the last 9 games, and 7 in row.

The best record this team could achieve is now 7-9 - which was the typical Dick Jauron-coached team record. And it's very likely we WON'T win another game this season.

How have the Bills gone forward with Nix and Gailey? We'll be lucky if don't have two seasons back to back worse than the last full season that Jauron coached!!!

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

You know it is bad when you long for the days of a Dick Jauron type 6-10 or 7-9 season.

Wow Buddy and Chan are bad.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cleve
          This guy is AWFUL. Plain and simple. Today was Fitzpatrick's best game in weeks, and yet his rating of 72 would put him in the bottom 5 starting QBs in the league.

Why did we sign this guy to a lucrative fat, juicy contract? Because Ralph Wilson Jr. is calling the shots and making these bizarre outlandish decisions, and Nix and Gailey are just Yes Men killing time until retirement.

Not one thin dime of taxpayer money to the Bills unless the taxpayers get a say in how this team is run via a committee of experts such as Jim Kelly.
          I'm not sure the grass is greener as Kelly did a great job running that night club downtown er that management team that had Michael Vick er had that great commercial for that pyramid scheme er wait.

Going into today's game Fitz was playing at about the same level he was last season. Yet what did we do this offseason to improve the offense? Umm Scott Chandler and Brad Smith? I see both as depth guys. Re-sign Stevie and bring in another starting caliber player on offense and we might see some improvement. My vote goes to JerMichael Finley as think he might be willing to leave Green Bay as he seems to be a forgotten man by Aaron Rodgers.

I know I cry that Wilson is a horrible owner, the truth is he isn't bad from a financial standpoint it's just he doesn't seem to bring in the right football people with the exception of Polian/Butler/AJ Smith which was more dumb luck than anything.
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-18-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• jimmacie
            • Dec 2008

Has anyone noticed that Fitzpatrick always seems to lock onto a receiver and never goes through a progression to see who is open like most QB's do. All teams know he cannot through the deep ball accurately (as evidenced several times today) and they also seem to know that they can read his eyes and know what receiver he is going to since he seldom, if ever, looks off a receiver and throws elsewhere. I think that is why there are usually 2 or 3 defenders around the intended receiver. They know where brilliant Mr Harvard is going to throw. He is a joke and must also go. I wish I could grab him by that ugly beard and tug really hard! Fitz, here's a revelation for you - NOBODY "fears the Beard" in the NFL - SO SHAVE ALREADY! (And give back some of the money - You suck!)

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by jimmacie
              Has anyone noticed that Fitzpatrick always seems to lock onto a receiver and never goes through a progression to see who is open like most QB's do. All teams know he cannot through the deep ball accurately (as evidenced several times today) and they also seem to know that they can read his eyes and know what receiver he is going to since he seldom, if ever, looks off a receiver and throws elsewhere. I think that is why there are usually 2 or 3 defenders around the intended receiver. They know where brilliant Mr Harvard is going to throw. He is a joke and must also go. I wish I could grab him by that ugly beard and tug really hard! Fitz, here's a revelation for you - NOBODY "fears the Beard" in the NFL - SO SHAVE ALREADY! (And give back some of the money - You suck!)
              Yes. I too have noticed he is very robotic on the field. If Gailey tells him to throw to receiver A, he gets fixated on throwing to receiver A, and fails to see other opportunities that may be available. For being a Harvard guy, he really isn't 'brilliant' after the ball is snapped.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Yes. I too have noticed he is very robotic on the field. If Gailey tells him to throw to receiver A, he gets fixated on throwing to receiver A, and fails to see other opportunities that may be available. For being a Harvard guy, he really isn't 'brilliant' after the ball is snapped.
                It seems every time Fitz throws that there is at least one usually there are two defenders NEAR the WR. Just about every other team seems to have much more separation 90% of the time between the WR & defenders when the QB throws the ball than the Bills & Fitz do.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Because, when it comes to starting quarterbacks, his contract is neither lucrative, fat, nor juicy. It's average. That's the price of a starting NFL QB these days, and even that is below the playoff line.

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Pay Manning whatever it takes to bring him here.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by zone
                      Pay Manning whatever it takes to bring him here.
                      The time for that was last year, when he was a free agent, unless Ralph plans on giving him an ownership stake.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

ROTFLMAO

Comment

Working...
                        X