PDA

View Full Version : We paid Fitz and Pears... now let's pay Stevie!

OpIv37
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Fitzpatrick has been awful ever since he got the extension. His accuracy is atrocious and he can't handle pressure at all. I thought he could be one of those "caretaker" QB's but apparently even that is too much to ask from him. 14 years after Kelly retired and we are STILL looking for a decent QB.

Pears responded to his contract by giving up a sack and committing two penalties IN THE FIRST QUARTER. He got manhandled by Wake all game. We just gave this guy an extension, and he clearly can't handle a DE that we have to play 2x a year. Great.

Now, we need to pay Stevie as well. Anyone see him give up on that INT? We already know he's not clutch.

Yeah, I know the argument: "if we don't pay these guys, then we'll just have even more holes!" The flaw in that argument is that these positions are holes even WITH these guys.

Thanks Buddy. Two full years into "rebuilding" and we're no better off than we were when we started.

ServoBillieves
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
We should re-sign Heard and Urbik while we're at it.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Agreed! To many holes and when the hole is "filled" its a square peg in round hole.

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
We can't always let everyone go though either. Weird situation.

I like Johnson to a degree but he isn't worth top tier money. Hopefully they can work something out in between.

Pears is making nothing on his extension.

Fitz's is decent but not top tier money that we can get out of over half. Fitz is now nothing more than a stop gap.

kingJofNYC
12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Hahahahahaha

Too funny

We should trade dareus and spiller for a fourth, both dont do much. Run d is **** and we have fred. All we need is Fred.

The Jokeman
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
We can't always let everyone go though either. Weird situation.

I like Johnson to a degree but he isn't worth top tier money. Hopefully they can work something out in between.

Pears is making nothing on his extension.

Fitz's is decent but not top tier money that we can get out of over half. Fitz is now nothing more than a stop gap.
We lose Stevie we're in big trouble. Yes, someone might step up next year but why make a hole when we don't have to? Franchise him and giving a long term contract. I'm sicking of us letting guys like McGahee, Lynch go because their "too expensive" and/or considered bad seeds. Meanwhile I see them start with other teams meanwhile we end replacing them with guys like Jackson and/or Spiller as it feels like we're just spinning our tires. Keep Stevie and bring in someone that can start opposite him to help this offense. Then shore up the defense with a pass rusher or two and maybe just maybe we could make the playoffs next year.

madness
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Pears didn't give up a sack. Fitz apparently forgot he called a screen.

Nix's young guys were the only reason this game was watchable.

bf1
12-18-2011, 04:53 PM
We need significant upgrades, not simply replacing average with average which seems to be bumbling buddy nix's forte.

The Jokeman
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
We need significant upgrades, not simply replacing average with average which seems to be bumbling buddy nix's forte.
Are you saying we should trade Fred Jackson and sign Matt in UFA?< /SARCASM >.

bf1
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Is buddy's hairbrained plan to keep "building through the draft"? Seems they have to do something a little more significant to get the organization out of the rut that buddy drove further in.

OpIv37
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
We lose Stevie we're in big trouble. Yes, someone might step up next year but why make a hole when we don't have to? Franchise him and giving a long term contract. I'm sicking of us letting guys like McGahee, Lynch go because their "too expensive" and/or considered bad seeds. Meanwhile I see them start with other teams meanwhile we end replacing them with guys like Jackson and/or Spiller as it feels like we're just spinning our tires. Keep Stevie and bring in someone that can start opposite him to help this offense. Then shore up the defense with a pass rusher or two and maybe just maybe we could make the playoffs next year.

Here's the problem: #1 WR is a hole even with Stevie.

We are forced to choose between a glaring hole and a minor hole.

kingJofNYC
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
We should draft Floyd, comes up small against better competition, inconsistent hands, he'll hate buffalo and would get himself in trouble. We can then trade him for a 4th in a couple of years.

OpIv37
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Is buddy's hairbrained plan to keep "building through the draft"? Seems they have to do something a little more significant to get the organization out of the rut that buddy drove further in.

Building through the draft= perpetual rebuilding. Even if every draft pick is a home run, we'll never fill all this team holes through the draft without new holes opening up in the meantime.

Buddy is like a puppy chasing its' own tail. He's trying so hard but lacks the mental capacity to realize why he'll never be successful.

X-Era
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Building through the draft= perpetual rebuilding. Even if every draft pick is a home run, we'll never fill all this team holes through the draft without new holes opening up in the meantime.

Buddy is like a puppy chasing its' own tail. He's trying so hard but lacks the mental capacity to realize why he'll never be successful.I agree this would happen if we don't re-sign our own. That's the issue. We need to keep the good players we develop. Stevie is an example.

BigZ
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
If we sign Stevie now he'll probably not catch another pass this year.

This is based on what Fitz and Pears have done since they signed.

The Jokeman
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
If we sign Stevie now he'll probably not catch another pass this year.

This is based on what Fitz and Pears have done since they signed.
It's not like we're playing for this year anyway.

OpIv37
12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
I agree this would happen if we don't re-sign our own. That's the issue. We need to keep the good players we develop. Stevie is an example.

The problem is none of our players that we develop are good. They're good enough.

Good enough to get by- not good enough to win.

DMBcrew36
12-19-2011, 07:11 AM
I'd like the Bills to resign Stevie - but not for #1 receiver money. A guy who isn't a #1 receiver shouldn't be given #1 receiver money. The Bills don't have a #1 receiver. If that's what he wants then let him walk. The team sucks with or without him.

clumping platelets
12-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Franchise him and trade him ala Peerless Price

DraftBoy
12-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Franchise him and trade him ala Peerless Price

What do you expect the market to be a for a WR who is young but is yet to learn how to catch the ball in the clutch?

better days
12-19-2011, 08:30 AM
What do you expect the market to be a for a WR who is young but is yet to learn how to catch the ball in the clutch?

Whatever it is, it is better than letting him walk for NOTHING.

OpIv37
12-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Whatever it is, it is better than letting him walk for NOTHING.

but if we franchise him, and no one takes the trade bait, then we end up paying $10+ million.

The Bills won't give him $9 million now. I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph lets him walk for nothing to save a million dollars.

better days
12-19-2011, 08:47 AM
but if we franchise him, and no one takes the trade bait, then we end up paying $10+ million.

The Bills won't give him $9 million now. I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph lets him walk for nothing to save a million dollars.

I think the franchise tag is closer to $9 than $10. I hope the Bills get him signed for between $8 & $9. He is a young guy that likes Buffalo & has the potential to be very good for a number of years.

The only WR that never dropped the ball was Jerry Rice.