PDA

View Full Version : RGIII

DrGraves
12-18-2011, 04:02 PM
!!! that is all.

keep losing baby!

Ed
12-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I would love RGIII, but I'm just not convinced that the Bills are going to give up on Fitz. If we end up picking 5-10, I think we're more likely to end up with a defensive player like Claiborne.

kingJofNYC
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Unless we have the number two pick we won't sniff Griffins jock.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Does not matter where bills pick... they will screw it up anyway

Borosai
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
The Bills will need to lose out and some additional luck, but if he's there, they'll pick him.

wozrob11
12-18-2011, 04:56 PM
i love it!!!! super man socks here we come

DraftBoy
12-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Would love it!

The Natrix
12-18-2011, 06:32 PM
The Bills will need to lose out and some additional luck, but if he's there, they'll pick him.

And if they don't take him, it might be the worst passing of a player in the Bills draft history. Topping HN and BO.

djjimkelly
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
dont want nothing to do with RGIII

i still want a guy who is a pure passer thats what wins championships

Figster
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
RG3 would be a real good fit for Chan Gailey and the Buffalo Bills

justasportsfan
12-19-2011, 12:37 PM
how much muscle does Fitz have to put to make a throw like this and still unerthrow his wr's?

http://youtu.be/hMm2qGMGV8Q

Mski
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
i would still prefer barkley over RGIII but if he's there when the bills pick, i dont know how you can pass up on him

Philagape
12-19-2011, 01:05 PM
I haven't liked a QB prospect this much in years.
In addition to being a great athlete, he's got the more important intangibles: accuracy, leadership, versatility, intelligence on and off the field.
Serious temptation to break my never-root-for-a-loss rule.

tampabay25690
12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
He is good.
Would luv it.
I think it will be hard for us to win any of the next 3 games anyway....

trapezeus
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
I would love RGIII, but I'm just not convinced that the Bills are going to give up on Fitz. If we end up picking 5-10, I think we're more likely to end up with a defensive player like Claiborne.

in some ways, you'd be helping fitz if you put some competition for him. he knows thigpen isn't unseating him, so he can walk to the sidelines all disappointed every time.

put a young guy that wants that job, fitz's short term production might pick up. and the second he's fading next year, you'll have an athletic guy who can make the plays fitz just can't.

kishoph
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
I'd take Griffin in a heartbeat.

ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2011, 05:01 PM
All three QB's will be gone by pick 5. We will just miss out.... again. Then, we'll pass on the next great pass rusher and take a CB.

YardRat
12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
And if they don't take him, it might be the worst passing of a player in the Bills draft history. Topping HN and BO.

Pffft. If you think those are the worst, I've got some eye-openers for you from the good old days.

Tom Cousineau over Dan Hampton.
Terry Miller over James Lofton and Ozzie Newsome.
Phil Dokes over AJ Duhe and Raymond Claiborn.
Booker Freakin' Moore over Mike Singletary, Howie Long AND Rickey Jackson.

That's just from about a six year span in the late 70's / early 80's.

jimbohastle51
12-20-2011, 02:11 AM
if RG3 comes out and declares for the draft and the Bills have a top 10 pick that he falls to there is no way they pass him up.

cgbm
12-20-2011, 07:19 AM
RG3 IS BUST. BARKLEY WOULD BE BUST IF HE WAS EVER GOOD.

and passing on RG3 would not be anywhere close to our bigest pass up ever. it would be the best move we made ever.

Jeff1220
12-20-2011, 07:46 AM
I don't watch much college football. But when I do, it is to look at possible draft picks.
RGIII looks like the real deal to me, but I'm no scout.

DraftBoy
12-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Put it this way, Rob Rang of CBS Sports and NFL Draft Scout reported the other day that RGIII has made such an impact on scouts that some teams are debating he and Luck at #1 overall.

k-oneputt
12-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Put it this way, Rob Rang of CBS Sports and NFL Draft Scout reported the other day that RGIII has made such an impact on scouts that some teams are debating he and Luck at #1 overall.

Good. I'd rather have Barkley or Jones anyways.

DraftBoy
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Good. I'd rather have Barkley or Jones anyways.

Not going to have the option on either imo. One isn't coming out and if the other does he's still a top 7 pick.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2011, 11:49 AM
What about Keenum? Does he lose stock because he's a 6 year player and he plays some pretty weak competition?

kingJofNYC
12-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Landry Jones, the crossing route king. No thanks. Not big on Barkley either, but he's grown on me this year, played well down the stretch.

Would love a QB like RG, but he's going to Cleveland, they have the pieces to move up and take him if he doesn't fall into their laps.

We should start a thread on pass rushers, we need an Aldon Smith.

DraftBoy
12-20-2011, 11:51 AM
What about Keenum? Does he lose stock because he's a 6 year player and he plays some pretty weak competition?

Undersize, average arm, and older player. He's a 4th-5th Round prospect who I like a lot but only in this offense.

DraftBoy
12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Landry Jones, the crossing route king. No thanks. Not big on Barkley either, but he's grown on me this year, played well down the stretch.

Would love a QB like RG, but he's going to Cleveland, they have the pieces to move up and take him if he doesn't fall into their laps.

We should start a thread on pass rushers, we need an Aldon Smith.

Then you're looking at Vinny Curry, Ronnell Lewis, or Brandon Jenkins assuming the latter two declare.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Undersize, average arm, and older player. He's a 4th-5th Round prospect who I like a lot but only in this offense.

That's what I mean, he seems to be almost a perfect fit for Gailey's scheme. Smart, a bit of a gunslinger, very accurate. I'd rather the Bills took him in mid rounds than trying to mortgage this years and next years drafts trying to get one of the big name QBs. There's way too many holes on this team to be trading multiple picks for one.

kingJofNYC
12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Then you're looking at Vinny Curry, Ronnell Lewis, or Brandon Jenkins assuming the latter two declare.

Right, but what about Nick Perry and Bruce Irvin, both are intriguing athletes. This draft seems like it may have a lot of names but not many that jump out to rise above the rest. Seems like the 10 draft in many ways, lost of pass rushers but no one really stood out.

DraftBoy
12-20-2011, 12:01 PM
That's what I mean, he seems to be almost a perfect fit for Gailey's scheme. Smart, a bit of a gunslinger, very accurate. I'd rather the Bills took him in mid rounds than trying to mortgage this years and next years drafts trying to get one of the big name QBs. There's way too many holes on this team to be trading multiple picks for one.

I would have to believe that Keenum is on the Bills radar as a mid-round developmental option.

DraftBoy
12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Right, but what about Nick Perry and Bruce Irvin, both are intriguing athletes. This draft seems like it may have a lot of names but not many that jump out to rise above the rest. Seems like the 10 draft in many ways, lost of pass rushers but no one really stood out.

I just dont see the suddeness in Perry's game to say I want him at 34 OLB, and Irvin I like a lot but if you read my last 7 Round mock draft thread you'll see that our fellow zoners hate it.

jimbohastle51
12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
if we pick between 6-8 which is where i predict we end up in the draft. we are 10th now but week 17 could help us a bit as some good teams will not be playing starters and i believe we could possibly be in play for one of the top 2 qbs. DRAFTBOY is spot on about RG3. anytime a qb is as accurate as he is with the cannon he has and quick release like him you are not going to be around long in the draft. also he has done all this with mediocore talent around him on offense. oh by the way 4.2 speed at the qb position and his ability outside the pocket is something Luck cannot offer on a level near RG3. IMO Luck is the better QB for a pocket passing team like the skins, colts, ect. BUT for teams with more of a spread attack like buffalo RG3 is a better option for the offense.