PDA

View Full Version : Luck is in our grasp now

Skooby
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM
We're a few picks from the top 5 & I can see us betting future picks for him being a winner. No reason to not throw our next few years 1st picks on the table to step up after this debacle of a season, I believe.

Go Bills!!

BADTHINGSMAN
12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Buddy loves his draft picks. I don't see him spending a few first rounders to move up. Would love to land Luck, but just wont happen.

Skooby
12-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Buddy loves his draft picks. I don't see him spending a few first rounders to move up. Would love to land Luck, but just wont happen.

Their is no draft picks like Luck & we can't sell this trash to anyone. The people of Buffalo will buy all the tickets if Luck is on the field, not this junk.

ServoBillieves
12-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Uhm... Have you paid attention to any of the past drafts? Do you really think we're going to move up, waste almost all of our picks for one QB after we just wasted 5 years worth of money on our "franchize" QB. Now excuse me, I need to nail my fiancee.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
No doubt, but even if Buffalo gave up a bunch of picks, the Colts may not deal. Manning only has few years left and can't see the Colts giving up the pick on one of the best QB's in the draft in a while. Colts won't pass on drafting another franchise QB.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Not a chance! Polian will not gve that pick up for anything.

A more likely scenario is on Peyton Manning. HE WILL BE AVAILABLE. Anybody who is trading for him will need to get his contract re-done - no one is going to live with his existing contract. Because of that, Indy won't be asking mush, if at all.

However, it's hard for me to see that he's willing to come to Buffalo. At his age, I don't think he's looking for money. Probably one more shot at the ring. The Bills are far from a QB away to a championship.

I'd not be shocked a surprise Peyton sighting in New York (as in New York Jets) next year given the characters at the top of the food chain in that organization.

Novacane
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Forget Luck. I'm trying to figure a way we can get RG3 or Barkley.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM

A more likely scenario is on Peyton Manning. HE WILL BE AVAILABLE. Anybody who is trading for him will need to get his contract re-done - no one is going to live with his existing contract. Because of that, Indy won't be asking mush, if at all.

However, it's hard for me to see that he's willing to come to Buffalo. At his age, I don't think he's looking for money. Probably one more shot at the ring. The Bills are far from a QB away to a championship.

I'd not be shocked a surprise Peyton sighting in New York (as in New York Jets) next year given the characters at the top of the food chain in that organization.

Maybe even San Fran takes a look at snagging Manning.

Buddo
12-18-2011, 07:29 PM
You can only make that sort of a move, if you have most of the other required pieces in place. The Bills obviously haven't.
We have currently, precisely zero pass rush. That isn't going to get you very far, even with Peyton Manning as your QB.

Skooby
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
You can only make that sort of a move, if you have most of the other required pieces in place. The Bills obviously haven't.
We have currently, precisely zero pass rush. That isn't going to get you very far, even with Peyton Manning as your QB.

I don't believe that's the case, a great QB gets you near playoff level almost every season. If you could tell me the Colts would be 1-13 with Manning there, I'd call you crazy.

Don't Panic
12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Colts haven't locked the pick up yet. Rams and Vikes still have a slim chance. Rams get it and either the #1 or Bradford are up for grabs. May be hope against hope, but until that door slams shut I will believe there's a chance.

Raptor
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Luck is a lock to be a Colt

The draft starts at pick #2 people

Buddo
12-19-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't believe that's the case, a great QB gets you near playoff level almost every season. If you could tell me the Colts would be 1-13 with Manning there, I'd call you crazy.

You don't get it, do you.
Manning (P) is about the only QB around who could have that effect. Possibly Rodgers or Brees. Brady went down, and the Pats still went 11-5.
Look at the bunch of decent looking QBs who came from the draft this year. There's one team that has a winning record. The Bengals. They have a pretty good D.
For all that Newton has looked the next best thing since sliced bread, his team are still losing, regularly.
I'm not against taking a QB, I am against taking one that costs you the chance to fix the myriad other parts of the team, that are broken.
Guess what, now that there's a rookie deal in place, the top draft picks are going to be more valuable again. teams aren't going to trade them without increased compensation. Even if the stars and planets aligned and we could pick as high as 5th, it would cost us way too much to move up to #1.
Put simply, the whole idea is both dumb and impractical.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-19-2011, 06:28 AM
well its not dumb, just impractical and outside the relm of probable

but so is about 90 percent of what is discussed on an internet forum

this is about the only place you can dream of possibilities in the land of Bills :(

better days
12-19-2011, 08:08 AM
My brother & sister inlaw live in Indy & were just down here on vacation. The Colts practice facility is very close to where they live. Like a two minute drive.

My brother-inlaw told me that the word is the injury to Manning has affected his arm strength & he can't throw with any velocity. He doubts very much that Manning will ever play again.

better days
12-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Colts haven't locked the pick up yet. Rams and Vikes still have a slim chance. Rams get it and either the #1 or Bradford are up for grabs. May be hope against hope, but until that door slams shut I will believe there's a chance.

Well, if the Rams get the #1 pick, I for one do NOT want Bradford. I don't think he will ever be any better than Fitz. I did not like him coming out of college, I was not all that impressed with his play last year & I like him even less this year.

trapezeus
12-19-2011, 08:32 AM

though one could argue peyton has been playing with a bills team all along and just made them what they were. he might just be interested to prove that he alone can make a team great. it's the only acheivement he hasn't completely earned yet. all the other accolades are his.

Think about it. he has the records, he has a ring, and he arguably is the best qb of all time. but if he comes back to a crappy team and erases 15 years of some of the worst football with almost no upgrades elsewhere, he will earn a status that no other QB has ever earned.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-19-2011, 09:53 AM
No, Luck is not in our grasp. Unless somebody has some serious dirt that could cost the Colts the #1 draft pick, and the Bills somehow manage to trade up to #2 before that happens, there's no way they can get Andrew Luck.

Besides, he couldn't even win the Heisman, and this is supposed to be the franchise quarterback of the future? He wasn't even the best of his year!

Figster
12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
RG3

Historian
12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Even if we drafted him, he would probably opt for Canada.

Maybe even baseball.

k-oneputt
12-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Barkley

justasportsfan
12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Besides, he couldn't even win the Heisman, and this is supposed to be the franchise quarterback of the future? He wasn't even the best of his year!

Leinart won it and Peyton never did. Just saying

Skooby
12-23-2011, 02:37 AM
Colts win!! One more win for the Colts & the Vikings / Rams who will not need a QB will pick first. I don't care what Ralph said, the season ticket base would nearly double if the Bills took Luck. We have zero else to look forward to as well.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-23-2011, 05:51 AM
colts may win at jags.... who knows
but still luck will be taken 1 by whoever trades up into it if viks or rams are there cause they will trade it due to the fact that other then luck there is no clear number 1
and bills will not get a sniff

Jaydog57
12-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Unless Gailey is fired, I don't see you guys drafting a 1st round qb. Everything I've read about Gailey says he still believes in Fitz. Although if I'm wrong, a little Tebow magic this weekend would help your chances.:peace:

Meathead
12-23-2011, 10:54 AM
it would take at least three firsts to get the top pick, and with all the teams desperate for a qb ahead of the bills it would likely take four firsts or three firsts and three seconds or something like that from the bills

of course i would be thrilled if the bills managed to pull that off but theres no way they are going to do it. buddy loves his picks and i dont see him as the kind of guy to surrender his best ones for one qb. plus they would have to give up on fitz, which is possible considering his dramatic regression, but still would have to forfeit all those prime picks that could have filled gaping holes at DE OLB WR2 and CB2 among others

chance the bills manage to get luck: 1.36%

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2011, 11:00 AM
I have a better chance of growing an arm out of my ass.

TigerJ
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
No, he is not.

Skooby
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
it would take at least three firsts to get the top pick, and with all the teams desperate for a qb ahead of the bills it would likely take four firsts or three firsts and three seconds or something like that from the bills

of course i would be thrilled if the bills managed to pull that off but theres no way they are going to do it. buddy loves his picks and i dont see him as the kind of guy to surrender his best ones for one qb. plus they would have to give up on fitz, which is possible considering his dramatic regression, but still would have to forfeit all those prime picks that could have filled gaping holes at DE OLB WR2 and CB2 among others

chance the bills manage to get luck: 1.36%

So what you guys are saying is, there is a chance.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Leinart won it and Peyton never did. Just saying
And how has Leinart's competition fared? Vince Young and Jay Cutler haven't exactly been franchise quarterbacks, either. Young's a backup in Philly and Cutler's a mediocre QB in Chicago. Leinart was the result of weak competition, lots of help around him (Reggie Bush, Lendale White) and USC's culture of cheating. Luck has had two opportunities to be the best player in college football and can't even beat competition at his own position. How is that going to translate at the pro level? It took Manning over a decade to win his first Super Bowl. Buffalo can't wait that long anymore. I want ****ing winners.

Don't Panic
12-23-2011, 04:11 PM

That would be something... you could wipe without trying.

kishoph
12-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd give up the 3 or 4 first round picks easily to get a "franchise QB" for the next 10 years.

Extremebillsfan247
12-24-2011, 07:35 AM
We're a few picks from the top 5 & I can see us betting future picks for him being a winner. No reason to not throw our next few years 1st picks on the table to step up after this debacle of a season, I believe.

Go Bills!!The Bills have a better chance of winning the rest of their games this season than they do of drafting Luck in 2012. It's not going to happen.