• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Luck is in our grasp now

We're a few picks from the top 5 & I can see us betting future picks for him being a winner. No reason to not throw our next few years 1st picks on the table to step up after this debacle of a season, I believe.

Go Bills!!
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Re: Luck is in our grasp now

Buddy loves his draft picks. I don't see him spending a few first rounders to move up. Would love to land Luck, but just wont happen.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN
      Buddy loves his draft picks. I don't see him spending a few first rounders to move up. Would love to land Luck, but just wont happen.
      Their is no draft picks like Luck & we can't sell this trash to anyone. The people of Buffalo will buy all the tickets if Luck is on the field, not this junk.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Uhm... Have you paid attention to any of the past drafts? Do you really think we're going to move up, waste almost all of our picks for one QB after we just wasted 5 years worth of money on our "franchize" QB. Now excuse me, I need to nail my fiancee.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

No doubt, but even if Buffalo gave up a bunch of picks, the Colts may not deal. Manning only has few years left and can't see the Colts giving up the pick on one of the best QB's in the draft in a while. Colts won't pass on drafting another franchise QB.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Not a chance! Polian will not gve that pick up for anything.

A more likely scenario is on Peyton Manning. HE WILL BE AVAILABLE. Anybody who is trading for him will need to get his contract re-done - no one is going to live with his existing contract. Because of that, Indy won't be asking mush, if at all.

However, it's hard for me to see that he's willing to come to Buffalo. At his age, I don't think he's looking for money. Probably one more shot at the ring. The Bills are far from a QB away to a championship.

I'd not be shocked a surprise Peyton sighting in New York (as in New York Jets) next year given the characters at the top of the food chain in that organization.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Forget Luck. I'm trying to figure a way we can get RG3 or Barkley.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                Not a chance! Polian will not gve that pick up for anything.

A more likely scenario is on Peyton Manning. HE WILL BE AVAILABLE. Anybody who is trading for him will need to get his contract re-done - no one is going to live with his existing contract. Because of that, Indy won't be asking mush, if at all.

However, it's hard for me to see that he's willing to come to Buffalo. At his age, I don't think he's looking for money. Probably one more shot at the ring. The Bills are far from a QB away to a championship.

I'd not be shocked a surprise Peyton sighting in New York (as in New York Jets) next year given the characters at the top of the food chain in that organization.
                Maybe even San Fran takes a look at snagging Manning.

Comment

• Buddo
                  • Mar 2007

You can only make that sort of a move, if you have most of the other required pieces in place. The Bills obviously haven't.
                  We have currently, precisely zero pass rush. That isn't going to get you very far, even with Peyton Manning as your QB.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Buddo
                    You can only make that sort of a move, if you have most of the other required pieces in place. The Bills obviously haven't.
                    We have currently, precisely zero pass rush. That isn't going to get you very far, even with Peyton Manning as your QB.
                    I don't believe that's the case, a great QB gets you near playoff level almost every season. If you could tell me the Colts would be 1-13 with Manning there, I'd call you crazy.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Colts haven't locked the pick up yet. Rams and Vikes still have a slim chance. Rams get it and either the #1 or Bradford are up for grabs. May be hope against hope, but until that door slams shut I will believe there's a chance.

Comment

• Raptor
                        • Jan 2009

Luck is a lock to be a Colt

The draft starts at pick #2 people

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                          I don't believe that's the case, a great QB gets you near playoff level almost every season. If you could tell me the Colts would be 1-13 with Manning there, I'd call you crazy.
                          You don't get it, do you.
                          Manning (P) is about the only QB around who could have that effect. Possibly Rodgers or Brees. Brady went down, and the Pats still went 11-5.
                          Look at the bunch of decent looking QBs who came from the draft this year. There's one team that has a winning record. The Bengals. They have a pretty good D.
                          For all that Newton has looked the next best thing since sliced bread, his team are still losing, regularly.
                          I'm not against taking a QB, I am against taking one that costs you the chance to fix the myriad other parts of the team, that are broken.
                          Guess what, now that there's a rookie deal in place, the top draft picks are going to be more valuable again. teams aren't going to trade them without increased compensation. Even if the stars and planets aligned and we could pick as high as 5th, it would cost us way too much to move up to #1.
                          Put simply, the whole idea is both dumb and impractical.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                            • Feb 2005

well its not dumb, just impractical and outside the relm of probable

but so is about 90 percent of what is discussed on an internet forum

this is about the only place you can dream of possibilities in the land of Bills
                            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

My brother & sister inlaw live in Indy & were just down here on vacation. The Colts practice facility is very close to where they live. Like a two minute drive.

My brother-inlaw told me that the word is the injury to Manning has affected his arm strength & he can't throw with any velocity. He doubts very much that Manning will ever play again.

Comment

Working...
                              X