PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kelsay quote.

BertSquirtgum
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I got this from BBMB. Another user posted what he heard on the radio after the game.

"Not sure if this was posted already, but listening to the postgame on 96.9 and when asked about the teams struggles, Chris Kelsay said:

"We haven't expected to win in weeks"

This is the 24 million dollar man that Buddy said was the type of player that he wanted our team to be made of?"

BertSquirtgum
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
What a ****ing bunch of losers. Gailey needs to be shown the door.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
If any player says they haven't expected to win in a few weeks, then that goes on the Coaches. I'm interested to see how many other players think the same. Shows no faith in the coaching.

Bangarang
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
No problem Chris, we haven't expected you guys to win either.

TrEd FTW
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
I haven't expected Kelsay to make a play in nine years.

Ed
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not really surprised that a guy like Kelsay doesn't expect to win. He's spent his entire career playing on losing teams. Losing is all he knows.

I'm ready to see this team start purging itself of all the players that have never accomplished anything and just continue to build this team with young players like Dareus, K. Sheppard, and A. Williams who come from championship caliber programs where they expect to win every time they step out on the field. The Bills need to try and rid this culture of losing by only adding guys that know how to win and expect greatness all the time.

BertSquirtgum
12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Expecting to win? (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/12/19/expecting-to-win/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2011-12-19T00:16:22+0000">December 19, 2011 – 12:16 am </abbr></small>

One of the big successes of head coach Chan Gailey and his staff was eliminating the losing culture in the Bills locker room in 2010. He had his players develop an expectation of winning when they took the field, not hoping to win. Their current seven-game losing streak however, has robbed them of a lot of their confidence. Now one of their most respected veteran players is wondering if the collective expectation to win has taken a hit.
“It’s frustrating,” said Chris Kelsay. ”You know you put in a lot of time and it means a lot to guys and we started off the way we did and everybody’s excited, we had a lot of confidence. I haven’t really seen that confidence lately. Coach Gailey always preaches expect to win when you step on the field and those first six, seven games I think we expected to win every time we stepped on the field. I don’t think we expect to win now. That’s just kind of the feeling I get, I could be wrong, but we need to get back to that.”
Bills WR Stevie Johnson echoed Kelsay’s sentiments.
“I don’t know if people are getting used to this or when you are on the sideline or we get down feel like we’re out of it,” he said. ”I don’t know what it is, but we need to get back to whatever it was that we had in the beginning of the season when we were down and felt like we could play and win this game. I don‘t know, maybe because we’re not in the playoffs, but it’s kind of like the ‘oomph’ is gone.”

Billz_fan
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Thats sick :(

If I am on the team and I sense the guys out there with me are not expecting to win or are not up to par mentally Im gonna speak up when I see it. Im not going to wait 5 weeks down the road and say yeah we haven't expected to win for weeks. Nope, Im not going out there every week putting it on the line with a bunch of goofs who don't expect to win. I mean why are we even playing in the first place then ?? Oh yeah I forgot. To collect a paycheck.

I agree it's on the coaches to have some some awareness on the pulse of the team and the locker room, however if Im a player and I sense that Im saying something. Why am I risking my knees for a bunch of guys who don't expect to win ?

And Dang If I am buying tickets to watch guys who do not expect to win I am gonna be pissed :laughter:

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
It sounds to me like the coaches have lost the players.

trapezeus
12-19-2011, 08:37 AM
it also sounds like the team has lost faith in fitz. think about all the bad teams you've been on.

when key positions don't perform, you know that helpless feeling that it will never turn around.

in back to back weeks, fitz has just killed close games that, while boring, the bills are still in. it's hard to be a bad d and keep your team in it and put the helmet back on after an INt. it's hard to be the star receiver, that just can't get the ball.

don137
12-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I am sure the people spending their hard earn dollars traveling near and far to go see and support them love to hear this comment from one of the 'leaders' of this team

bf1
12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought Kelsay was resigned part because of his great leadership abilities. How about talking to the players Chrissy Boy, instead of airing the dirty laundry in the media.

NorthCarBills
12-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, at least they are proving this on the field.

ServoBillieves
12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Purge. Purge almost completely. This song and dance died with Vaudville, and if they have already given up, then they aren.t worth our time, money, or effort.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-19-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't expect Kelsay to make an NFL roster, but somehow, he manages to do so every year.

Mr. Pink
12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
If what Kelsay is saying is true, it means the coaching staff has lost the entire team and this coaching staff won't win jack here regardless of what players Buddy acquires to add to the mix.

Skooby
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM

Kelsay has pictures or something, just saying.

YardRat
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Pretty disappointing to hear something like that.

DynaPaul
12-19-2011, 02:33 PM
That's like showing up to work and saying, "I haven't expected to accomplish anything here for weeks." In the real world we'd say - YOU'RE FIRED!

BertSquirtgum
12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
This coaching staff needs to be shown the door.

ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM

Ummm, I remember him causing a fumble that Moats recovered yesterday.

I think his comment is about a lack of confidence that seems to be permeating through the team. I don't think he meant it to be taken that he didn't think they could win.

ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I got this from BBMB. Another user posted what he heard on the radio after the game.

"Not sure if this was posted already, but listening to the postgame on 96.9 and when asked about the teams struggles, Chris Kelsay said:

"We haven't expected to win in weeks"

This is the 24 million dollar man that Buddy said was the type of player that he wanted our team to be made of?"

Out of context.

BertSquirtgum
12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Out of context.

There was a reason why I posted the Chris Brown blog post.

djjimkelly
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
u think the players dont know they have 1 nfl level wr

or that we have no nfl level OLBs

pretty hard to get pumped when u know you cant create pressure

and hard to get pumped that pnly 1 wr on your team can get separation

bf1
12-19-2011, 09:22 PM
u think the players dont know they have 1 nfl level wr

or that we have no nfl level OLBs

pretty hard to get pumped when u know you cant create pressure

and hard to get pumped that pnly 1 wr on your team can get separation

No NFL level DEs either.

djjimkelly
12-19-2011, 10:04 PM
No NFL level DEs either.

i wont say that dwan edwards is a very solid player not a star but he isnt the reason the front 7 is lacking

ServoBillieves
12-19-2011, 10:25 PM
No NFL level DEs either.

Marcell Dareus and Dwan Edwards aren't NFL caliber DE's? Spencer Johnson hasn't been causing some penetration?

Yeah... no.

bf1
12-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Dareus from the middle is all I'm seeing.

Cleve
12-19-2011, 10:51 PM
What a crybaby pansy Kelsay is. Over-paid wimp/sissy. Guy needs to turn in his man-card and get a binky and security blanket from Gailey.

unpaid_bills
12-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Blame coaches, Blame Coaches, Blame Front Office. Its a CULTURE of losing. Football is a business. A company with good hard working employees, but poor management only goes so far. Who wants to work and give 100% (or more) to a company that just seems to not care? You can say the players should be playing with pride, they are making millions of dollars, etc. but when you CONTINUE TO LOSE week after week in the fashion we do - it goes alot deeper than a couple guys

It's not too hard to disect the Bills woes;

1) We dont have enough character guys that is obvious. We have some but not enough when we need them. We lack leadership on the field in the locker room.

2) We have way too many un-drafted or late round draft picks that are the stars of the team. Our #1, #2 draft picks are doing little or nothing or even arent on the team. We don't draft well or keep our players see #3, #4, #5. Take into consideration we have been drafting in the top 15 for how many years now? We have missed on so many picks.

3) Second (or bottom of the barrel) tier coaching. Face it if any of them were fired today they would struggle to find any other job in the NFL

4) Front office - arguably one of the worst in the NFL. They do marketing well got to give it to them there - they continue to sell tickets, merchandise and sell us fans on the Bills year after year. They do a horrible job evaluating players, contracts, football decisions. But then again See #5 who would want the job?

5) Small market, 12 years no playoffs, bad weather, old stadium Buffalo is not a big draw for potential Free-Agents or big name coaches.

6) the ONLY think the Bills have going for them is a loyal fan base holding on to some memories (from the SuperBowl) years.

As a Bills fan for over 30 years I am at my wits end with this franchise. Yet despite all this I like many others will be back next year for more punishment. Buffalo Bills football is like crack, despite how bad things get how many times you say you are going to "quit" you just keep coming back for more. We all try to get clean but end up back at the "crack-house" (aka the Ralph, your favorite sports bar or couch where ever you watch the games). The Quality of the product is not the issue, we are all hooked. Some will come clean and move on - but most of us will remain on Skid Row:help!: Funny my 3 boys 12, 10, 4 say "Daddy why do root for the Bills they suck, they have never one a Super Bowl and lose every week" All I have is some rambling excuse nothing of substance.