X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Chris Kelsay quote.

I got this from BBMB. Another user posted what he heard on the radio after the game.

"Not sure if this was posted already, but listening to the postgame on 96.9 and when asked about the teams struggles, Chris Kelsay said:

"We haven't expected to win in weeks"

This is the 24 million dollar man that Buddy said was the type of player that he wanted our team to be made of?"
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Chris Kelsay quote.

What a ****ing bunch of losers. Gailey needs to be shown the door.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
      • Oct 2002

If any player says they haven't expected to win in a few weeks, then that goes on the Coaches. I'm interested to see how many other players think the same. Shows no faith in the coaching.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

No problem Chris, we haven't expected you guys to win either.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
          • Sep 2008

I haven't expected Kelsay to make a play in nine years.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

I'm not really surprised that a guy like Kelsay doesn't expect to win. He's spent his entire career playing on losing teams. Losing is all he knows.

I'm ready to see this team start purging itself of all the players that have never accomplished anything and just continue to build this team with young players like Dareus, K. Sheppard, and A. Williams who come from championship caliber programs where they expect to win every time they step out on the field. The Bills need to try and rid this culture of losing by only adding guys that know how to win and expect greatness all the time.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

Expecting to win?

Posted by Chris Brown on December 19, 2011 – 12:16 am

One of the big successes of head coach Chan Gailey and his staff was eliminating the losing culture in the Bills locker room in 2010. He had his players develop an expectation of winning when they took the field, not hoping to win. Their current seven-game losing streak however, has robbed them of a lot of their confidence. Now one of their most respected veteran players is wondering if the collective expectation to win has taken a hit.
              “It’s frustrating,” said Chris Kelsay. ”You know you put in a lot of time and it means a lot to guys and we started off the way we did and everybody’s excited, we had a lot of confidence. I haven’t really seen that confidence lately. Coach Gailey always preaches expect to win when you step on the field and those first six, seven games I think we expected to win every time we stepped on the field. I don’t think we expect to win now. That’s just kind of the feeling I get, I could be wrong, but we need to get back to that.”
              Bills WR Stevie Johnson echoed Kelsay’s sentiments.
              “I don’t know if people are getting used to this or when you are on the sideline or we get down feel like we’re out of it,” he said. ”I don’t know what it is, but we need to get back to whatever it was that we had in the beginning of the season when we were down and felt like we could play and win this game. I don‘t know, maybe because we’re not in the playoffs, but it’s kind of like the ‘oomph’ is gone.”

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Thats sick

If I am on the team and I sense the guys out there with me are not expecting to win or are not up to par mentally Im gonna speak up when I see it. Im not going to wait 5 weeks down the road and say yeah we haven't expected to win for weeks. Nope, Im not going out there every week putting it on the line with a bunch of goofs who don't expect to win. I mean why are we even playing in the first place then ?? Oh yeah I forgot. To collect a paycheck.

I agree it's on the coaches to have some some awareness on the pulse of the team and the locker room, however if Im a player and I sense that Im saying something. Why am I risking my knees for a bunch of guys who don't expect to win ?

And Dang If I am buying tickets to watch guys who do not expect to win I am gonna be pissed
                Last edited by Billz_fan; 12-19-2011, 12:51 AM.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

It sounds to me like the coaches have lost the players.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

it also sounds like the team has lost faith in fitz. think about all the bad teams you've been on.

when key positions don't perform, you know that helpless feeling that it will never turn around.

in back to back weeks, fitz has just killed close games that, while boring, the bills are still in. it's hard to be a bad d and keep your team in it and put the helmet back on after an INt. it's hard to be the star receiver, that just can't get the ball.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I am sure the people spending their hard earn dollars traveling near and far to go see and support them love to hear this comment from one of the 'leaders' of this team

Comment

• bf1
                        • Oct 2010

I thought Kelsay was resigned part because of his great leadership abilities. How about talking to the players Chrissy Boy, instead of airing the dirty laundry in the media.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                          • Jan 2006

Well, at least they are proving this on the field.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

Purge. Purge almost completely. This song and dance died with Vaudville, and if they have already given up, then they aren.t worth our time, money, or effort.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

I don't expect Kelsay to make an NFL roster, but somehow, he manages to do so every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X