X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

2 Positives: Justin Rogers and CJ Spiller

I don't care to talk about the loss, or how anybody else played. These two are impressing the hell out of me. Rogers looks like he's going to be the return threat the Bills have missed since McGee was returning kicks and Parrish punts.

CJ, to me anyways, is proving that he can be a legitimate running back in the NFL. He's not a gadget back. He looks just as dangerous, at times, as FJ did early this season. Spiller still has a lot to learn about getting down hill faster, but he looks eons better than he did last season. He might not be such a bust afterall.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: 2 Positives: Justin Rogers and CJ Spiller

Ill agree with this, for sure. Spiller has looked much much better, which is a good sign. I just hope they dont take this sign as "oh lets allow Freddie to walk".

Rogers and Aaron Williams have both been around the ball a lot, Williams had another shot at a pick yesterday, but needs to capitalize on those opportunities as it seems hes let a couple picks slip through his hands.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Rogers is also one of the only CB's I've seen on our team who undercuts routes. Williams did it once yesterday as well, but Rogers did it multiple times as soon as he got playing time.

And yeah, Spiller is showing everyone why they drafted him. Kid looks pretty good.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
        I don't care to talk about the loss, or how anybody else played. These two are impressing the hell out of me. Rogers looks like he's going to be the return threat the Bills have missed since McGee was returning kicks and Parrish punts.

CJ, to me anyways, is proving that he can be a legitimate running back in the NFL. He's not a gadget back. He looks just as dangerous, at times, as FJ did early this season. Spiller still has a lot to learn about getting down hill faster, but he looks eons better than he did last season. He might not be such a bust afterall.
        Agreed and I am going to add Williams to that list.

I also have been pleasantly surprised by the fire Choice has played with.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

However, now that they've shown promise, they'll get some season-ending injuries next year and completely suck after that.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
            Ill agree with this, for sure. Spiller has looked much much better, which is a good sign. I just hope they dont take this sign as "oh lets allow Freddie to walk".

Rogers and Aaron Williams have both been around the ball a lot, Williams had another shot at a pick yesterday, but needs to capitalize on those opportunities as it seems hes let a couple picks slip through his hands.
            The better Spiller looks the more I can guarantee you that they let Freddie walk (they really didn't want to sign him anyway and are just looking for any excuse).

And you know what that means, right? Belichek will scoop him up immediately as he's always been impressed with FJ. The Patriots with a real RB, Brady top TEs and likely a revamped defense in '12 (if I'm them I'm drafting almost exclusively for def) and the Patriots likely glide into playoffs next year without a loss.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

Spiller needs to wait a moment for his blocks, then make a cut. If he ever learns that, he'll be dynamite.

He goes by people like they're standing still.

Rogers does indeed look like a positive in both CB and returns.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

Yeah I really thought Aaron williams and Rogers are playing better every week. They have the potential to be really good corners for us. Now if we could just get two more good ones.

Dareus played well, and I firmly believe once we get williams back he will be a force.

Sheppard did some good things as well.

I know Pears got abused yesterday hopefully that was just a bad game. How did Bell and Hairston look. I know Hairston had the false start, but how did he do in blocking?

Also was there any real difference between Hairston and Bell? Who was better, please be honest.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Spiller definitely looks the part, and is benefitting from the playing time he is getting. You can't coach speed, and he brings that to the game. He adds an explosive dimension to the offense that is lacking elsewhere, and teams needs to respect that.

I don't think they should get rid of Jackson, though. That's just dumb. Nothing the matter with having 2 good backs.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

I don't know why people are saying that they're going to let Freddie walk. He's still under contract for 2 more years. He's not going anywhere whether he likes it or not.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                      I don't know why people are saying that they're going to let Freddie walk. He's still under contract for 2 more years. He's not going anywhere whether he likes it or not.

Because people believe everything that is posted on a message board, and don't look at facts.

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                        Rogers is also one of the only CB's I've seen on our team who undercuts routes. Williams did it once yesterday as well, but Rogers did it multiple times as soon as he got playing time.

And yeah, Spiller is showing everyone why they drafted him. Kid looks pretty good.
                        Kid had a lot of picks in college and I said when we drafted him he has a nose for the ball.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• tomz
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
                          Spiller needs to wait a moment for his blocks, then make a cut. If he ever learns that, he'll be dynamite.

He goes by people like they're standing still.

Rogers does indeed look like a positive in both CB and returns.
                          Spiller did just that in setting up one of the screen plays. You could see him hesitate until Levitre slid out.

Now if they would just run the ball more than 10 times a game....

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tomz
                            Spiller did just that in setting up one of the screen plays. You could see him hesitate until Levitre slid out.

Now if they would just run the ball more than 10 times a game....
                            It's tough to run when you are losing for most of the game.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Or when your idiot linemen get penalties and put you in 2 and 20 instead of 2nd and 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X