PDA

View Full Version : This is not good.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Buried in this TBN article.

Swagger swamped in seven-game losing streak by Rodney McKissic

"If we don't get this thing cleaned up, we're all going to be looking for jobs next year," cornerback Drayton Florence said. "Myself included."

The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article678098.ece)

Keep in mind, Florence's contract runs through the 2013 season. Am I reading too much into this, or is he threatening to quit?

Pinkerton Security
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
The way I interpreted it is that hes saying they're all playing badly and anyone can be cut...you cant really quit, unless you quit football altogether, a la Aaron Schobel

streetkings01
12-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Buried in this TBN article.

Swagger swamped in seven-game losing streak by Rodney McKissic

The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article678098.ece)

Keep in mind, Florence's contract runs through the 2013 season. Am I reading too much into this, or is he threatening to quit?Huh? Wow........dont be "that guy".......please dont. It's pretty obvious what he's saying.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2011, 08:31 AM
It doesn't mean he's going to quit, it means the Bills will cut him. He's right, everyone on that team should be playing for their jobs for next season, especially the players on Defense.

Jan Reimers
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM
It means that only about a dozen guys on this team should be on an NFL roster. We need a total blood letting, on every level from the owner to the players.

We simply suck.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Can't really argue with that.

Mr. Pink
12-19-2011, 01:43 PM
It means that only about a dozen guys on this team should be on an NFL roster. We need a total blood letting, on every level from the owner to the players.

We simply suck.

I've been saying this for years. We've had as much talent as first or second year expansion franchises had.

Unfortunately Gailey can only get them to play to what they are, which is garbage.

Jauron overachieved with a bunch of losers which then forced us not to get high draft picks to have a better chance of franchise type players.

What Jauron did wouldn't have been as big of an issue if he wasn't showing favoritism to older players and we had a scouting department and GM who could evaluate talent to acquire players that would make Jauron's overachieving into playoff berths.

Unfortunately with Gailey, what you see on the field is what you get. The coaching staff now doesn't get the players to go above their abilities and doesn't set up gameplans that put players in the best position to succeed and win on Sundays.

Jauron knew he had garbage QBs so he gameplanned that the offense would be boring and vanilla so the QB wouldn't hurt us...as much. He gameplanned the defense to play basically an umbrella to keep plays in front of the secondary forcing the opposition to take lengthy drives and play mistake free football.

Now, we have a schmuck who calls a college style offense at the NFL level, which yeah, doesn't work when teams have film on it...and then defensively we went from bend but don't break to just SNAP!